I need a 2nd video card for a 2nd monitor!?

1337Goat

Gawd
So I have an R9 Fury X. A good card, sure.

But it can't handle my 4K@60Hz television AND my 1080p monitor at the same time.

It just can't push enough pixels for both, thus only one can be active at a time.

So I'm trying to find that perfect sweet spot between "old and used" and "modern but low-end" in order to find a $50 or less GPU that I can plug in under my glorious Fury X. I'll upgrade to something significantly better after RDNA2 launches, but that'll be much later, and I need my issue fixed sooner than that.

Any ideas? I've pondered an Nvidia card for pure PhysX, but I've also wondered if it's worth having both Geforce and Radeon drivers installed at the same time. Just more boot bloat, right?

Well, let me know your thoughts.

I have my 4K TV in my bedroom, with my PC and 1080p monitor on the other side of the wall.
I just put wire through, seeing as they share the same wall.

I don't game on my 1080p anymore though, so just about any card is fine.

I would probably spring for an Nvidia 1650 or 1660 to replace the fury, it would drive both monitors and give you a modern encode engine for video compression

I would probably spring for an Nvidia 1650 or 1660 to replace the fury, it would drive both monitors and give you a modern encode engine for video compression

Too much money for me, sadly.
I don't mind hopping back in time for something much older.
I'm just wondering if anyone knows of the optimal point in time/quality for a $50 card.

about $300-350

for that kind of money you could probably get a 2060 or something

Yeah, I put an ad for it on Craigslist for $325 the other day and someone emailed me and called me a "broke ass desperate donkey."

Where should I try to sell it if not there? ...Ebay? Isn't that a bit risky?

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=amd+fury&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&LH_Sold=1&_udlo=&_udhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=94901&_sargn=-1&saslc=1&_salic=1&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=50&LH_Complete=1&_fosrp=1

$300 is where new 2060 and 5700 sit.
The response you got wasn’t totally out of line with respects to point of view, just unnecessarily rude by expressing it.

List it for $150 and go buy a 1650 super with the $50 more you have in your pocket.
It’s the darling of the htpc/plex/content crowd.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back