I must be seeing things... (spoiler)

StArWaRrIoR

[H]ard|Gawd
In the level with the airboat, I was haulin' ass down the river... I could swear from a distance I saw the G-man standing on the deck of this building off in the distance, but when I got to the spot where he was standing, there was nothing there but 2 monsters... has anyone else seen that?

It's bugging the hell out of me cause I'm not sure if I saw it or not... :(

StArWaRrIoR said:
In the level with the airboat, I was haulin' ass down the river... I could swear from a distance I saw the G-man standing on the deck of this building off in the distance, but when I got to the spot where he was standing, there was nothing there but 2 monsters... has anyone else seen that?

It's bugging the hell out of me cause I'm not sure if I saw it or not... :(

I saw him too. I didn't notice him until my sister yelled "It's the G-Man! Go get that bastard!"

I went to go get him and yeah, there was nothing there.

Did u guys notice the blue screen of death on one of the PCs in that room where u get teleported? :p

lol yeah. Must have been from one of Valve's development systems during the design of the game.

d1_canals_120008.jpg

Like this?

***Credit goes to 'Tiny' for capturing this image***

I've also seen him at the spot where you go up into the rafters and move the barrel, releasing the hoisted supplies. I think it was the red barn. He was standing there watching Gordon pull up. He walks into the barn and when you get up there he is gone and two of the zombies are there instead.

It's pretty cool how they put him in the game like this. I think they put him in the game to give you clues... I was at the area where the helicopter lifts off its pad and drops all these bombs around you... and i had unlocked the one gate and was wondering around trying to figure out what to do... then I saw a figure on the other side where there were more gates... He looked at me... then turned around and walked off. Then I went to go find him and he was gone, but then I see what I need to do to unlock the next gate...

I think he is put in the game to give you clues as to where to go... kind of like those hl logos that are all around that tell you where nice little caches of supplies are. Seeing him stand there and just look at you can be so creepy, he's like a ghost. This game has been really fun with these little touches added in!

Tiny said:
Hey you stole my screeny!!!

Credit please..... ;)
My apologies:) Original post updated with full credit going to you of course Mr. Spicoli....I mean 'Tiny':D

Nyx said:
It's pretty cool how they put him in the game like this. I think they put him in the game to give you clues... I was at the area where the helicopter lifts off its pad and drops all these bombs around you... and i had unlocked the one gate and was wondering around trying to figure out what to do... then I saw a figure on the other side where there were more gates... He looked at me... then turned around and walked off. Then I went to go find him and he was gone, but then I see what I need to do to unlock the next gate...

I think he is put in the game to give you clues as to where to go... kind of like those hl logos that are all around that tell you where nice little caches of supplies are. Seeing him stand there and just look at you can be so creepy, he's like a ghost. This game has been really fun with these little touches added in!

yep, i love it

MX2times said:
My apologies:) Original post updated with full credit going to you of course Mr. Spicoli....I mean 'Tiny':D

Ah....many many thanks to you!

:D

Crazy! Now I know what to do on my next run through HL2 on the hardest difficulty setting. Anyone know of any other places I should look for the gman? They made it so obvious in the first HL but I hadn't seen any odd gman appearances at all in HL2 before seeing that pic.

Also when you first make it to Dr. Kleiner's Lab, flip around on the security monitor that Barney hangs out around. You'll see him a few times on the screen. I know I saw him one other time, but I can't remember where now!

[BB] Rick James said:
Anyone break open that large crate that the crane is holding? does it have anything special in it?
I think there was some exploding barrels you could shoot which would cause it to fall. Nothing spectacular, just ammo health etc.
Anywhere with that lambda symbol painted theres goodies hidden somewhere close.

dang ..and I thought I was paying attention fairly well to my surroundings thus far in the game ..obviously not :)

What really stunned me about this boat scene was when I was cruising down the river and that huge-ass chimney fell down in front of me. I was like :eek:

cuemasterfl said:
What really stunned me about this boat scene was when I was cruising down the river and that huge-ass chimney fell down in front of me. I was like :eek:

Darn right!

I had forgotten about that even though it really impressed the hell out of me.

I've seen the G-Man talking to the guy that gives you the rocket launcher from a distance. There's this house (while you're on the buggy) that when you go in (quietly enough) you'll catch a combine looking through some binoculars. Look in them and you'll see him talking (I swear he's making a deal).

Nowhere else did I see anybody catch this encounter.

What are u talking about, chimney ??? Oh and the gman is on the tv in the train car w/ the vorinant and the human. The tv turns off almost as soon as u jump down in there though. Its near the beginning of the game, like u only have a pistol.

What are u talking about, chimney ???

Possible spoiler for this dude ^^

As you're sailing down the river, on the right you'll see two large chimney's (industrial), and one of them falls down and smashes in front of you. It's a sight to behold.

Drexion said:
I think there was some exploding barrels you could shoot which would cause it to fall. Nothing spectacular, just ammo health etc.
Anywhere with that lambda symbol painted theres goodies hidden somewhere close.

You can climb up to the attic up there and theres a barrel thats stuck in the crank. Just pull it out and the box falls. just ammo in health in there though :p

swedishlf said:
Also when you first make it to Dr. Kleiner's Lab, flip around on the security monitor that Barney hangs out around. You'll see him a few times on the screen. I know I saw him one other time, but I can't remember where now!

I saw him in a busted ass room...he was ona TV laying in a pile of debris...when you walk up to it it "snows" out

EGGO said:
I've seen the G-Man talking to the guy that gives you the rocket launcher from a distance. There's this house (while you're on the buggy) that when you go in (quietly enough) you'll catch a combine looking through some binoculars. Look in them and you'll see him talking (I swear he's making a deal).

Nowhere else did I see anybody catch this encounter.

i was gonna add that part if no one else mentioned it, that was cool. i thought it was a gun at first but no... binoculars.. then i saw the gman...

cuemasterfl said:
As you're sailing down the river, on the right you'll see two large chimney's (industrial), and one of them falls down and smashes in front of you. It's a sight to behold.

They are called smoke stacks for future referance. ;)

logan1 said:
GUESS HOW I SAW ON TV.......

:D :D

I JUST saw that about an hour ago in the game. I have no idea where that is though. Thankfully, you took a picture so I can analyze.

EGGO said:
I JUST saw that about an hour ago in the game. I have no idea where that is though. Thankfully, you took a picture so I can analyze.

its right after dog beats the crap out of a combine tank. etc

Tiny said:
They are called smoke stacks for future referance. ;)

Well by Americans anyways, the UK call them chimneys.

anyways I was in awe when I saw that falling it was fucking TEH 1337 :eek: :D

The G-Man was hidden all over the place in the first half-life and he is scattered about the second one too.

ANyone see a modified? dune buggy being flown across town during follow freeman i think. Ill try and get a ss.

matrixfan0831 said:
ANyone see a modified? dune buggy being flown across town during follow freeman i think. Ill try and get a ss.
Its yours, its the same one - after you park it in the garage, the combine take it. You see them towing it away on one of their ships, on the level after the lighthouse iirc.

The game just seem chock full of cool little moments like the ones you guys are describing. I also saw the G man standing next to the red barrel off in the distance as in one of the screen shots posted. It was kind of like a glimpse.. and then I looked again and he was gone, and I thought maybe I was just seeing things or something.

I lost count of the number of times I said "that was f$@^ing cool" out loud to nobody in particular. I would have designed some things differently, but over all, totally badass.

Neural Interface said:
Well by Americans anyways, the UK call them chimneys.

anyways I was in awe when I saw that falling it was fucking TEH 1337 :eek: :D

i live in the US and call them chimneys. And yeah, i was impressed by the falling chimney.

Seraphim974 said:
i live in the US and call them chimneys. And yeah, i was impressed by the falling chimney.

In the US, we call it a chimney if it's in your house. When it's industrial, we call it a smoke stack.

Micas said:
In the US, we call it a chimney if it's in your house. When it's industrial, we call it a smoke stack.

In case anyone wants to see another good Smoke Stack collapsing scene go watch(That is if you can find it.), Hooper with Burt Reynolds and Jan Michael Vincent.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077696/

Back