I miss ATIs AIW cards :(

I had one way way back. Was kind of cool. AIW Pro I think. Outside of driver issues (of course) it worked very well.

I had an AIW back in the day. It was decent, but never worked quite as well as a cable box. I remember hating the remote though.

I still have one, can you find it?
boxes.jpg

I actually still have an All-in-Wonder Radeon 8500 128 MB lying around. Works in a pinch if I need composite/S-Video capture.

These days, though, you're better off getting a dedicated capture card and putting one of your PCIe x1 slots to good use. (Or USB 3.0, if you can afford something like a Micomsoft XCAPTURE-1.)

I had one, didn't really take much advantage of the added features. When I did they were mediocre at best. I use a slingbox now. Works a whole lot better

Now, I do miss the days of the AIW, but not those cards in particular.

I used the s-video input on my video card to play my Dreamcast on my pc monitor. Then I got a Dreamcast VGA box.

I almost bought a rage all in wonder new in box the other day at goodwill. I had one when it was new. It was quite a bit cheaper this time only $6

Planning on building a legacy box? Lord knows most of us hoard parts and can build a dozen or so.. my problem is I don't hang onto all the cases. Still got my Stacker though, so that's my fallback if I ever build a legacy box. Wonder if anybody makes PCI to AGP adapters LOL

Used an AIW we had laying around at a previous job to transfer a VHS tape to DVD

Personally I only used the discrete ATI TV tuners (full ATX case FTW) and while they saved me from needing a TV in a tiny dorm room back in the CRT days they were always fickle and the TV guide software was... "fun".

I have owned several AiW's (128 Pro, 8500DV, 9600), they were pretty good in their day but with modern digital cable they are not so useful.

Now I use a Hauppauge HD-PVR2, which has the advantages that:

- it is USB so I can move it to another computer easily without having to swap video cards or even open the case
- has HDMI as well as component/RCA inputs
- has an IR blaster so it can control a cable box

I had a 9700 pro AIW, lasted forever I remember. Looks like my current GTX 970 is going last me a long while too. :)

All-In-Wonder cards always seemed to me to be a waste of time and money. You could just buy a PCI TV tuner, and be done with it.

AGP cards were one-per-system typically, so if you wanted to use your AGP TV tuner, you needed to dedicate a whole box, or put-off upgrading your gaming card.

Why not just buy the tuner once, and continue to use forever, independent of what's in your AGP slot? It's not like you had to go with another company besides ATI, they made the PCI TV Wonder:

http://www2.ati.com/manuals/tvwonder.pdf

I mean, I had PCI slots in my PC (20 years and counting) for a lot more years than I had AGP slots (just eight). My P67 motherboard still has them! Essentially, if they still made drivers, AND the analog broadcast hadn't died-off, you'd still be able to use this TODAY.

Last edited:
I think I have (had?) a AIW ATI 9800 Pro laying around...not sure if it still works, don't have a machine to test it. That was a badass card though...back when ATI ruled.

I think I have (had?) a AIW ATI 9800 Pro laying around...not sure if it still works, don't have a machine to test it. That was a badass card though...back when ATI ruled.

I genuinely miss those days. I really wish they would bring back the ATI name.

i had one i got in a trade never really used it myself but i did sell it or gave it to a friend that needed a gpu.

I had two ATI All in Blunder cards. They never worked properly for me. I always had to fight their shit drivers. In both cases I couldn't make the TV tuner part of them work. I think I ended up returning both of them.

I had two ATI All in Blunder cards. They never worked properly for me. I always had to fight their shit drivers. In both cases I couldn't make the TV tuner part of them work. I think I ended up returning both of them.

i had same issue till I poured some some dat dere celltech all over the tuner. Then I started getting all cables channels + adult pay per view.

I used my AIW strictly for video capture from my 8mm and hi8 cameras. I wasn't really PC gaming back then either, and the games weren't all that demanding back then either, a lot of them came on 2-4 floppies.

I know its not an aiw card but I loved my nskidia5900 ultra that had a philips tv tuner on it, that was a great card for its time, think it was slightly less powerful than the ati 9800pro.

But the 5900 ultra, msi nbox version was a beautiful looking card for its time and had a huge amount of goodies with it, tv tuner cables, software, games, optical mouse, mouse mat, cool box and a pile of other shit.

I did enjoy watching tv on my puter and recording shit straight onto the pc, the card didnt last long, sold it to some dude and the nub killed it the same day wtf, he shipped me back a fuked 5900u and since he was a buddy I had to use the cash he gave me for the card to go and buy him a new 6600gt 128mb, faster card but less memory.

So i gained £0 out of that deal.

I then moved over to hauppage shit and not long after gave up as dvr's were then becoming the norm.

Look at the sink on this baby, double sided aswell.

CardF.jpg

Can I come over and play with some of that hardware?! Maybe the p5q pro and GTX285? That'll bring back some memories.
Most of that hardware is gone, but I am going to ask my friend if he'll give me back that GTX285. I sold it to him years ago so I could get an HD5850 to run Eyefinity and he needed the 285 for Premiere Pro's Mercury Playback Engine, and he isn't using it anymore. I had him get a GTX760 to drive his Dell UW 3415.

i had same issue till I poured some some dat dere celltech all over the tuner. Then I started getting all cables channels + adult pay per view.
Wait, I could have poured something on a tuner card to get pay channels for free?
:geek:
Tell us more :notworthy:

I don't miss them. Network turners are far superior to them.

Back