I microwaved a R9 390X gaming and now my pc won't run after 3rd time

If OP is still lurking, listen:

We all make stupid mistakes. The important thing is that you learn from them. Take stock of all the constructive responses in the thread and do better in the future. Maybe study a little more about circuitry, electricity, and electromagnetic radiation to understand why what you did was wrong and possibly pay it forward down the line. We are all taking the opportunity to poke fun at the situation, but we all need a laugh in the current state of the world. Don't take it personally. Become stronger and better.
No we don't! Those divorces were on purpose!

While this might be stupid, I would say marrying a second and third time are well ahead of it on the stupid scale. NEXT TIME GUYS, NEXT TIME.

grown ups dont need an ignore list......

When the rest of these kids don't know how to stfu. yes, yes you do!

You're wasting your breath even following their idiotic line of thought enough to formulate a response.

The only reason I broke my ignore list for this idiot was because can't not look at the horror of his ass assuming hundreds of replies were incorrect; but normally using it it saves me from MASSIVE brain drain

When the rest of these kids don't know how to stfu. yes, yes you do!

You're wasting your breath even following their idiotic line of thought enough to formulate a response.

The only reason I broke my ignore list for this idiot was because can't not look at the horror of his ass assuming hundreds of replies were incorrect; but normally using it it saves me from MASSIVE brain drain
your not wrong but when i see a name i know is a pita i just move on, most of the time, sometimes they need reminding.

If he needs money for a replacement computer he can always start a YouTube channel.

Instead of the Hydraulic Press Channel, he can do the "Microwave Electronics" channel and just nuke random electronics (or other things) at random to see what happens. ..

Or an OnlyFans of sticking things in microwaves. Sure there's someone out there willing to pay for that.

Yeah like travm said we're in uncharted waters. We might get a chance to find out how the GPU<->PCIe coupling works!

I'm also really interested in whether capacitors in partially open and open circuits charge up in a microwave. I'd love to test it myself, but I only have one oven and it's family heritage. :D

Yeah like travm said we're in uncharted waters. We might get a chance to find out how the GPU<->PCIe coupling works!

:D

At this point he should just mash the GPU to the CPU and apply liberal voltage...say 220V...to fuse them together. NEXT LEVEL GPU<->CPU coupling ACHIEVED!

Oh you didn't read enough of this thread. His motherboard is also broken now, with legit concern for his CPU, RAM. Frankly everything inside the box is suspect.
we don't know the motherboard is toast yet. Yes it could be, but it also could just be the OP trying to use both together. Its hard to say what the op has done or hasn't done troubleshooting wise. Yes the card is gone and I'm sure parts of the board are damaged. I figure the cpu/ram is likely fine either way. With that being said, i wouldn't recommend buying any parts from op in this lifetime.

I dunno, I would happily pay this guy shipping to obtain that GPU. Someday I might even get scharfe's server (not at his price of course). All for trophy display, of course.
Hah! Thing is, I also offered 3 times to buy that thing...
We just started decommissioning all of that generation entirely. I'll be listing them for sale for what I'd have paid him - and they come stuffed with SSDs and FusionIO cards :p

I can add to the test pool with my 3090+10700K system I dont use much.
I'll start by microwaving the GPU and see if I get the same or similar result.
If so, I'll do something op didnt try, microwave the mobo CPU and RAM, it might have been incompatible because of this.

I can add to the test pool with my 3090+10700K system I dont use much.
I'll start by microwaving the GPU and see if I get the same or similar result.
If so, I'll do something op didnt try, microwave the mobo CPU and RAM, it might have been incompatible because of this.
One of my youtube favourites, PhotonicInduction (currently on hiatus), has a vid of him doing just that IIRC. I think he even left the computer on while he did it.

One of my youtube favourites, PhotonicInduction (currently on hiatus), has a vid of him doing just that IIRC. I think he even left the computer on while he did it.
Hmm, theres an idea!
I'll need a bigger microwave.

Just.... wow.
1620311866021.gif

Back