I microwaved a R9 390X gaming and now my pc won't run after 3rd time

You mean so they can ship it to Asia where they open air burn the PCBs so they can extract a tiny bit of gold? Better to bury them. Although in this case kill it with fire might not be inappropriate
Which is not the case everywhere.

Then you should find whomever told you to microwave a printed circuit board and punch them in the face.
l1K9EV1HNqxM1QNDq.gif

What part of your brain gave you the idea of reheating up all the solder on the card would make the card run cooler? The only time people actually bake cards is when they are already busted. (so there is nothing to loose by trying) You had NOTHING wrong with your card until you decided to fix it with a microwave!:wtf: (3 times at that)

What part of your brain gave you the idea of reheating up all the solder on the card would make the card run cooler?
Yeah I wondered that as well. Baking a card is the ghetto way to attempt to fix solder issues. Won't do jack for your cooling woes. If its a 390X, not surprised by a 96C load temp at all, especially if reference cooler. If you wanted to fix that you shoulda sourced a water block for it, or an aftermarket cooler, something. But don't bother now, it's dead, Jim.

What part of your brain gave you the idea of reheating up all the solder on the card would make the card run cooler? The only time people actually bake cards is when they are already busted. (so there is nothing to loose by trying) You had NOTHING wrong with your card until you decided to fix it with a microwave!:wtf: (3 times at that)
It did work though. His card never even gets above ambient anymore.

It sounds like OP was told to bake/toast the card and somehow turned that into putting it in a microwave.

View attachment 349758
He said as much recently.
Well, it was an MSI R9 390X GAMING. A very old GPU getting 95 and 96 degrees Celsius. The idea was to "ball up" the soldering around the chip and PCB. The point is there was no idea from my part that waves inside MW would actually cause that. So the temperature may be decreased but nope didn't get that.

If he needs money for a replacement computer he can always start a YouTube channel.

Instead of the Hydraulic Press Channel, he can do the "Microwave Electronics" channel and just nuke random electronics (or other things) at random to see what happens. ..

If he needs money for a replacement computer he can always start a YouTube channel.

Instead of the Hydraulic Press Channel, he can do the "Microwave Electronics" channel and just nuke random electronics (or other things) at random to see what happens. ..
Already have one:

There's a youtube channel dedicated to this you could have donated a vid to if you recorded it...

If OP is still lurking, listen:

We all make stupid mistakes. The important thing is that you learn from them. Take stock of all the constructive responses in the thread and do better in the future. Maybe study a little more about circuitry, electricity, and electromagnetic radiation to understand why what you did was wrong and possibly pay it forward down the line. We are all taking the opportunity to poke fun at the situation, but we all need a laugh in the current state of the world. Don't take it personally. Become stronger and better.

Maybe it wasn't a troll. Maybe it took nine pages of horrified reactions and insistence that this was all a series of preventable mistakes for it to sink in, and he bailed in humiliation. I wish him well if that's the case.

A lot of people don't think about a microwave as being especially different from a conventional or convection oven. They might know that a microwave's awful for cooking anything where a crust is part of the desired outcome, sure. But they don't understand that it's a big magnetron that emits EM radiation calibrated to energize water molecules, and a fair number don't know that putting metal in one is nearly always a complete disaster waiting to happen. If all you know is that a microwave's a time-efficient way to warm your burrito, it's not out of the question to think - absent all other knowledge - that it could do in a pinch for reflowing solder.

Science education matters.

This post is inspirational gold!

Def gonna be using a microwave oven for my next PC case
I can see it now, a microwave themed build as a dedication to this thread.

Someone needs to get on this!

My vision:

Keypad works, start/stop button powers the PC on/off. Set timer and PC shuts off at the end if you want. Light comes on inside.

Bonus if the turntable works and your motherboard etc. rotate inside. Double gold star bonus for flashtubes and RGB LED lighting to simulate sparks and mayhem. Triple gold stars for smoke machine somewhere in all this.

Then we donate this case to the OP

A lot of people don't think about a microwave as being especially different from a conventional or convection oven. They might know that a microwave's awful for cooking anything where a crust is part of the desired outcome, sure. But they don't understand that it's a big magnetron that emits EM radiation calibrated to energize water molecules, and a fair number don't know that putting metal in one is nearly always a complete disaster waiting to happen. If all you know is that a microwave's a time-efficient way to warm your burrito, it's not out of the question to think - absent all other knowledge - that it could do in a pinch for reflowing solder.

Science education matters.
I knew microwaves were very bad for metal when I accidentally put a bowl with a spoon in the microwave when I was a little kid. Never understood why my parents always said not to put metal in the microwave until that point.

As for him using a microwave, it isn’t so much that he did an incredibly stupid thing of epic proportions, it’s that he’s been told by an entire forum of knowledgeable people that it’s an incredibly stupid thing and is ignoring everybody. He is either trolling or has cerebral damage.

Someone needs to get on this!

My vision:

Keypad works, start/stop button powers the PC on/off. Set timer and PC shuts off at the end if you want. Light comes on inside.

Bonus if the turntable works and your motherboard etc. rotate inside. Double gold star bonus for flashtubes and RGB LED lighting to simulate sparks and mayhem. Triple gold stars for smoke machine somewhere in all this.

Then we donate this case to the OP
https://pcpartpicker.com/b/HG8Ycf

1619035772773.png

1619035837657.png

1619035865596.png

Maybe it wasn't a troll. Maybe it took nine pages of horrified reactions and insistence that this was all a series of preventable mistakes for it to sink in, and he bailed in humiliation. I wish him well if that's the case.
I don't know. I find it hard to believe an adult doesn't know the difference between an oven and a microwave. But then again people microwaved their iPhones thinking it was a new charging feature. Perhaps the general population is dumber than I thought.

I don't know. I find it hard to believe an adult doesn't know the difference between an oven and a microwave. But then again people microwaved their iPhones thinking it was a new charging feature. Perhaps the general population is dumber than I thought.
Just look at Facebook. I think people have always been dumb, we just didn’t know ... but the internet is allowing us to see this on a grand scale.

machine make things hot... same thing right?

Its a microwave, they work by magic.
They work in reverse too, right? Generate a bunch of heat, and it puts out electricity? Free energy!

Back