I Made JayZ Mad Today

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by Kyle_Bennett, May 31, 2018.

1. atarione

atarione [H]ard|Gawd

Huh... every time I have tried to watch that jay dude on youtube I can't do it ... because i start thinking man what a prick.. seems to check out.

2. SeymourGore

SeymourGore 2[H]4U

I've got him on my twitter and it seems like his highlighted tweets have been all drama lately. Recently looks like he took issue with a case manufacturer that he modded one of their cases for some 'celebrity' (some terrible rapper) taking credit for the case. Or something.

I dunno, poor guy seems on the verge of a breakdown.

Azrak and Kwaz like this.
  3. Kwaz

Kwaz Whine & Cheezy

He'll probably end up as another me too and need a break. As I saw he just bought a Camaro ZL1 because work is a bitch and needed to reward himself, something something.

I think maybe he's a nice guy. I've talked to him a couple of times. But he definitely isn't the same.

I think it'd be good for him to take youtubing less seriously. He's been pushing really hard to succeed after leaving his job to do youtube full time. Even his longtime cohort left recently.

I could go on. He just needs to tone it down. The burn out is apparent.

Azrak likes this.
  4. Azrak

Azrak Gawd

Yeah, I think he's getting more into the "me vs the world" kind of attitude. I think he's really stressed out and this causes him to lash out against any negativity against him or his channel by treating it as an attack. One of his latest videos is about him rearranging box storage in his studio and thinking about moving out of California due to the high taxes. He's got a lot on his mind for sure and it isn't tech-related.

nEo717 likes this.
  5. Kyle_Bennett

Kyle_Bennett El Chingón Staff Member

Running your own business is not all boat drinks.

FearTheCow, Oppy, spikeline and 5 others like this.
  6. Chas

Chas [H]ardness Supreme

But it's still Hookers & Blow, right?

Right?

Sulphademus and foxlinked like this.
  7. Kyle_Bennett

Always. LOL

GoldenTiger likes this.
  8. pendragon1

pendragon1 [H]ardForum Junkie

dont see jayz's logo in official amd videos. just saying....

Montu likes this.
  9. Kyle_Bennett

Well you would have to actually test and review the products you showed off. I guess advertising pointing to advertising is not a good way to go about things.

Zuul, Montu and pendragon1 like this.
  10. EVIL-SCOTSMAN

EVIL-SCOTSMAN [H]ardness Supreme

I smellZ peroxide.

Stop bleaching yo hair fo

JayZ2poor 4 life.

11. Zarathustra[H]

Zarathustra[H] Pick your own.....you deserve it.

The Jayz2cents guy is kind of annoying, and his "reviews" are definitely more paid promotion than anything else. (I wonder how much money Alphacool has thrown him over the years)

That being said, he is one of the few people out there who has done a good comprehensive guide to water loops for beginners. This video essentially got me through the component selection and build of my first custom loop. I mean, I'm an engineer, and I probably could have figured it out, but this video definitely saved me from reinventing the wheel and buying a bunch of the wrong parts. So, I am a little torn. I feel like I owe him a little for that.

As far as EK goes, I used to hold them in high regard, thinking that their famed nickel plating disaster was a historical issue, but the more I learn the more disappointed I am. I can understand the inclination of any small business to be protective of their reputation, but they just go too damned far. People would much rather deal with open and transparent companies. While I have their blocks in my system right now, and they are performing admirably, I doubt I'll buy EK products next time around.

12. Zarathustra[H]

That is funny, but they are Slovenian, so can we call it a non-native speaker thing? I'm guessing for something like this they would have used a U.S. based lawyer though...

13. pek

pek prairie dog

So is that a Nazi that accepts everything in a literal sense or literally a Nazi?

#grammarnazi

14. Meeho

Meeho 2[H]4U

#thegrammarwasliterallycorrect, therefore literally a Nazi.

15. vick1000

vick1000 [H]ard|Gawd

"Water Cooling God"? More like "Vanity Build God". Anyone who introduces particulate matter into their loop loses all claim to anything other than "total noob" or " tech masochist". Glitter Flow FTW....::(

Kyle_Bennett likes this.
  16. Formula.350

Formula.350 Gawd

giphy.gif
    "Wait... What do you mean 'it can clog up my block's micro-fins'?! It's not clogging up my radiator, so why would it effect my block??"

17. Zarathustra[H]

Depends on the fluids. The fancy shimmery microparticle varieties do it all the time. Many of them have warnings that they are for show purposes only.

Here is a recent fluid clogging issue in our forums caused by mayhem's gunk.

Personally I wouldn't use any of the fancy shimmery fluids at all. As WATERCOOL-Jakob points out over there, the best solution is to just use distilled or deionized water with some glycol based corrosion inhibitor. (This also works like a biocide, and won't trigger galvanic corrosion like silver and copper oxide based biocides will.). A little bit of surfactant probably wouldn't hurt either. It will help get the bubbles out and ensure good contact with the fins.

Personally I went with EK's Ekoolant when I built mine because I was worried about corrosion and nickel plating and wanted whatever corrosion inhibitor they were using, just to be on the safe side. Next time around I'll probably not use EK blocks and just go with a home mixed solution as described above.

Whatever you do it's best to keep the particles out of your loop.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2018
    Formula.350 and Kyle_Bennett like this.
  18. Formula.350

Formula.350 Gawd

I've heard that the high-performance/racing coolant additive "Water Wetter" works good in PC water cooling, too. Which I see they now also make a pre-mixed product called "SuperCool", which is basically the combination of what you said, and I said, all ready to pour into a loop (contains no Ethylene Glycol even)! Given the variety of metals in a typical automotive system (brass, copper, aluminum, steel, cast iron, etc), I suspect this would work poifect in our world as well. :pompous:

Most of the Hi-Perf auto folks will run straight water for its cooling benefits over antifreeze-mixed, but the downside is the lack of lubrication the antifreeze adds. So instead of running straight water now, they'll add some Watter Wetter to it which provides that lubricity, keeping the water pump's bearings in working order. (y)

19. pendragon1

water wetter in pc cooling is so 2003* ;)
    "You can pick up a heater core and corrosion inhibitor, such as Water Wetter or the like, at you local AutoZone or Pep Boys."
    https://m.hardocp.com/article/2003/11/07/system_building_guide_0403/4

*edit: actually earlier just grabbed the first [H] article I saw

Kyle_Bennett, Formula.350 and Kwaz like this.
  20. Kwaz

Kwaz Whine & Cheezy

There's some stuff called Engine Ice that's supposedly better. I've never used that personally but have used water wetter with distilled water a lot.

Formula.350 and pendragon1 like this.
  21. Formula.350

Formula.350 Gawd

lol No doubt. That's about when I became aware of it, but only because of also being a bit of a grease monkey. :p But yes, I've seen it mentioned across the internet over the years, so I'm by no means claiming to bring some new info to te table! :D
    However, as the success JayZ's channel illustrates, there are a whooooole lot of people out there that are new to water cooling and likely don't know about it yet. I'm sure there are some on [H] who don't either, so we've plausibly just bestowed new info unto some folks. heh

To add to it, I don't know about these days, but back in 2001, at the parts store I worked at you could get an all-copper heater core for like $40. I remember thinking to myself when I opened the box and saw that, how perfect that'd be for a water-cooling a computer. I've never gotten into the DIY water setups though.

pendragon1 likes this.
  22. pendragon1

true dat!

23. Kyle_Bennett

Probably a lot of effort when you go in uninformed....

upload_2018-6-25_14-18-18.png

pendragon1 likes this.
  24. Meeho

Meeho 2[H]4U

tfw a shitty NDA is stuck up your ass.

25. Formula.350

Formula.350 Gawd

In fairness, maybe he was just trying to wipe with it? *shrug*
    #YerDoingItWrong

26. Kyle_Bennett

27. Zarathustra[H]

What on earth is post malone?

28. Nobu

Nobu [H]ard|Gawd

Seems like things you should expect when doing something custom...also, seems like things you should consider when ordering something custom, which may be more difficult to modify post-production than an off-the-shelf generic case.

pendragon1 and Azrak like this.
  29. Budwise

Budwise [H]ard|Gawd

A quick Google yielded that Post Malone is a rapper I'd like to punch in the throat.

pendragon1 and Zarathustra[H] like this.
  30. Rvenger

Rvenger [H]ard|Gawd

Jay is just trying to be a celebrity computer builder. He is in bed with Intel so just wait until the meltdown bug someone hacks into Post Malone and steals Post Malone's info/never released songs. Jay will get sued.

31. Motley

Motley 2[H]4U

Holy shit, how in the world did I miss this thread. lol I just read through this entire thread. Wow Jayz is an complete asswipe, I only recently seen some of his youtube videos, from the Terry Cruz celeb build. He claims he's been "water cooling for 10 years". I found all his videos either annoying with circus clown goofy crap, too even the serious videos of how he got into youtube. He's either complaining about making money on youtube, or he's braging about building celebrities PC builds.

Its great Kyle called him out on the EK waterblock issue! Keep up the good work Kyle.

32. Zarathustra[H]

Was there someone named Malone who came before him?

GoldenTiger likes this.
  33. Kyle_Bennett

LOL!

34. EVIL-SCOTSMAN

Lol,

he really did say “the square design goes really well with many pc builds”. Wrt Ek rad

Wtf obvious, but not, cuz its a fukin rectangle he has got in his hand.

Time to pay the bills.

jizz = hair dye.

35. EVIL-SCOTSMAN

Just me or does he look like a midget in that pic ?

ryan_975 likes this.
  36. cyberguyz

cyberguyz Limp Gawd