I’m a PC, And I’m A Mac-stoner

HardOCP News

[H] News
It seems that Justin Long, famous for being the “I’m a Mac” guy, thought it would be a good idea to do a skit where he plays a stoner on his iPhone with a big ol’ bong in his lap. The video is pretty funny but does have some pretty colorful language in it. You just have to wonder how Apple is going to react to this, is it okay or will the video suddenly disappear?

So, what’s the deal? Obviously Long could have been talking on a regular cordless home phone without sacrificing the artistic vision of the film. Is Long trying to get fired from the ads which have likely made him ten times as much money as his stellar movie career, or did he discuss this part with Apple beforehand?

Yet another reason to dislike that kid. My theory - Apple makes said video disappear quicker than Dell got rid of the "Dude, you're getting a Dell" dude.

That was a really solid skit, pretty hilarious.
Hopefully apple doesn't cut him over it, as he seems to be an above average actor.

You could hardly even tell it was an iPhone... and I own one.

I swear, some people (Macenstein, for instance), have zero sense of context when it comes to humor.
"and he’s portraying an Apple product in a pro-drug light here."
How, exactly, that can be construed from the video is something only a lawyer would come up with.

Get a grip....:rolleyes:

Well, the skit was funny and Apple didn't fire him when he went on TV and said he didn't even own a computer...that was a PR nightmare (like the Pespi person that said soda was bad for you in an interview)...so you never know.

Personally I think the Apple ads HURT his career as an actor, every time you see him on TV - movie all you can think of is "I'm a Mac"

I wish my last name was long. Something like john long, they don't call me mr. long for nothing!

i never really liked any of his roles really...specially the mac commecials but Brandon St. Randy was definately a good one. i wonder if Jobs is gonna tell him to shut his mouth or he's gonna f*ck it....

"Why'd I say thank you?"

Heh, that was good for a laugh or two - nothing great, but entertaining none the less.

Well, the skit was funny and Apple didn't fire him when he went on TV and said he didn't even own a computer...that was a PR nightmare (like the Pespi person that said soda was bad for you in an interview)...so you never know.

Personally I think the Apple ads HURT his career as an actor, every time you see him on TV - movie all you can think of is "I'm a Mac"

I agree with the point of hurting his career. I cannot watch Waiting anymore without saying "I'm a Mac".

I can see mac users being stoners. All of my stoner friends (3/4 of my friends) just do consoles and use computers for pron / browsing. Computers take too much concentration and work for them to like them plus they arent tech savy enough to hook them up to their TVs so they can use wireless remotes and chill on the couch.

I dont see whats the big deal here. Preppy potheads and elitists druggies are the core market for Apples iProducts aren't they? Looks like an even more dead on extension of their iMac and iPod commercials focusing on their primary consumer base.

I don't see the comparison.

The "Dell Dude" got caught smoking pot FOR REAL.

Justin is doing a skit. You know, acting.

It's not a PRO-POTHEAD video. It's just a funny video making fun of idiot potheads...

Who gives a <bleep>

the skit sucked and i would laugh if he actually did it to get removed from their ad campaign but who knows...

I don't see the Apple connection. Beyond the phone, which is basically just a prop I wouldn't have even noticed.

Funniest..**** ever no way. If they fire him I'm starting petition. If Apple had done that for commercial they would get even more respect from me.

PS I know that feeling " I want a tuna sub and...another tuna sub."

I know he just does them for money, but participating in those horrible mac commercials is a disgrace

It's a fscking prop and I hope Macensteins fund raiser stays at $72 with a goal of 6 mil for the retarded conjecture.

I have a newfound respect for this guy. After Zack and Miri and this. Awesome. :D No longer just a douche.

:D I hate it when if an actor does a job and then another one that is a COMEDY skit, they get rammed in the ass by the other. Apple needs to keep their shit in check. This guy loses his job for Apple, I'll NEVER consider an Apple product again. Too stiff assed in my opinion. Steve Jobs should have a sense of humor, I hope.

meh, i like him in most the movies I have seen him in, seems to make me the minority here.

I don't see the comparison.

The "Dell Dude" got caught smoking pot FOR REAL.

Justin is doing a skit. You know, acting.

It's not a PRO-POTHEAD video. It's just a funny video making fun of idiot potheads...

Who gives a <bleep>
The part where they try to make you laugh because he is high, makes it a PRO POT video!!

Congratulations for furthering the demonization of one of the most benign substances on the planet. For fucks sake, all it does it increase your appetite and is used as a medical aid for many things.

It's 2009, Apple won't fire him as this is the year we find out Steve Jobs' health problems and chronic weight loss are due to an extreme marijuana addiction.

I can see mac users being stoners. All of my stoner friends (3/4 of my friends) just do consoles and use computers for pron / browsing. Computers take too much concentration and work for them to like them plus they arent tech savy enough to hook them up to their TVs so they can use wireless remotes and chill on the couch.[/QUOTE]

This man has his fingers on the pulse of stoner nation.

Whatever happened to that one guy who said "Dude, I'm getting a dell". I think he was busted with pot or something? He was set for life and had to go do something like that. I think Justin is fine though, considering he is not a one-trick pony.

Back