I’m A Mac Ads “Might Be Done”

HardOCP News

[H] News
The world’s longest running inside joke might finally be coming to an end. The good news comes straight from the mouth of Mr. I’maMac himself:

You know, I think they might be done. In fact, I heard from John [Hodgman], I think they’re going to move on — I can’t say definitively — which is sad, because not only am I going to miss doing them, but also working with John.

those adds just made the mac into a joke

I might have baught an mac before the ads but all it did was polerize each side.

Yeah, they were pretty hurr durr content-wise, but they did play right to the target audience. A great many people do base their tool purchasing decisions on image.

It was a good run IMO. I wonder what the next ad campaign will be...

I thought as much as I haven't seen one in a while. Also there wasn't one for the iPad but I don't think I've seen any advertisement for that hmm...

I would think they're done because they awoke the sleeping giant that is Microsoft. I mean, they don't have much content besides unrelated jokes. Then when Microsoft puts out a counter-ad campaign of "yeah, we go the same thing, cheaper, faster, and customized just for you with Win7," well, that kind of stopped that line of thinking right there.

yay.jpg

i want to see a microsoft ad aimed at high end gamers, look at different desktops, video cards, core i7 etc, then be like, what does the mac offer? oh wait nothing, buah hahahhaha.... end scene

I think they're pretty funny even though it's mostly opinion they spread, rather than factual information. I can understand Apple canning them though, it's not like the commercials helped to increase their OS market share.

What Microsoft needed was to show that there is no such thing as "a PC" made by a single monolithic company. Each one is different, defined by the individual. They did that with their Win 7 ads.

Apple has to go back to selling "magic." They will no doubt succeed.

At first the ads were simply stretching the truth. Then they turned into out right lies. I'll be glad when they stop making them.

Good riddance they are responsible for a lot of hatred pc crowd has for mac and mac user stereotypes.

Thank God.

All those Ads did was increase my personal animosity towards Mac

Personally, I liked the Seinfeld/Gates Windows ads. They had nothing to do with anything, but they were about 10 million times better than the retarded "I'm a Mac" ads.

At first the ads were simply stretching the truth. Then they turned into out right lies. I'll be glad when they stop making them.

Exactly. Microsoft could have made a legitimate stink about some of them but Microsoft did what it need to do, it got Windows 7 out the door and that pretty much nailed the coffin for these ads.

i want to see a microsoft ad aimed at high end gamers, look at different desktops, video cards, core i7 etc, then be like, what does the mac offer? oh wait nothing, buah hahahhaha.... end scene

Too late, Apple already did the commecial that PC are for kids to play games with. Too bad, means this 47 yo 'kid' has less tards to MORTAR STRIKE! :p

Personally, I liked the Seinfeld/Gates Windows ads. They had nothing to do with anything, but they were about 10 million times better than the retarded "I'm a Mac" ads.

Sadly, I have to disagree. Those were RETARDED.

I guess I prefer the retardation of talking about nothing rather than the retardation (as you said) of spreading outright lies and slander. :p

What put an end to these ads is simple. Windows 7.

Yeah I bet when people saw the immediate launch of the "we heard that before" Mac vs PC ad when Windows 7 launched, everyone started rolling their eyes at the speed the ad was released as if Apple didn't even give Win7 a chance.

It was as if everyone was saying "does Apple even know what the hell they're talking about? Did they even try Windows 7?"

I think the rise of Bootcamp- and Parallel-run Apple computers also contribute to Apple's reluctance to run the Mac vs PC ads. They should be content that people are buying their computers even though they're running Windows on it.

those adds just made the mac into a joke
I'd say more of a catalyst, Apple was pretty smug before those ads, these just accelerated/amplified that smugness. So many "stretched truths" (I'll be nice to the Apple zealots and not say flat out BS) in those ads.

I guess I prefer the retardation of talking about nothing rather than the retardation (as you said) of spreading outright lies and slander. :p

Watching Jerry Seinfeld and Bill Gates talking about nothing is worse than watching a blank screen. Any commercial where they don't even talk about the product or even crack a joke, is LAME. It might as well have been called "Jerry and Bill go get their shoes shined." No one gives a crap. It wasn't intelligent, or insightful, funny, or remotely interesting. They are the single WORST TV ads I've ever seen. I'd rather watch Rosie O'Donnell bending down to get another Twinkie out of the vending machine that watch one of those terrible and uninspired pieces of shit.

We'll they aren't slap stick humor that is obvious as the nose on your face, but it doesn't suprise me that most didn't get/see the humor in them. :rolleyes:

I was hoping the series with Jerry & Bill would continue as I found them hilarious. :(

Steam is coming to OS X.

WOAH that means the OSX gaming library is going to go from 7 to 14 games. :eek:

Or as the Apple marketing team would put it "The gaming library on OSX has doubled in the course of a year making it a viable gaming platform to rival the PC"
;)

Watching Jerry Seinfeld and Bill Gates talking about nothing is worse than watching a blank screen. Any commercial where they don't even talk about the product or even crack a joke, is LAME. It might as well have been called "Jerry and Bill go get their shoes shined." No one gives a crap. It wasn't intelligent, or insightful, funny, or remotely interesting. They are the single WORST TV ads I've ever seen. I'd rather watch Rosie O'Donnell bending down to get another Twinkie out of the vending machine that watch one of those terrible and uninspired pieces of shit.

wow your a little bitter.

While i agree the ads were pointless, I just thought the WTF factor made them hilarious.

I'd rather watch Rosie O'Donnell bending down to get another Twinkie out of the vending machine that watch one of those terrible and uninspired pieces of shit.

I rather watch Jerry and Bill stare at each other than watch that. Thank you for the horrible visual :D

fantastic, more scrubs to pwn!

how do they expect to be good when all thier mouses have 1 button? buah hahahaha

Imagine the fn you'll have against MagicMouse users ;-)

WOAH that means the OSX gaming library is going to go from 7 to 14 games. :eek:

Or as the Apple marketing team would put it "The gaming library on OSX has doubled in the course of a year making it a viable gaming platform to rival the PC"
;)

AAAAAAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

Hold on, I'm not done.

AAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

Back