I luv my MX 518 BUT

crewzen

Gawd
Now that I have found out that the MX518 mouse is not Windows 7 x64 compatible and that Logitech has not fixed the problem and is not interested in fixing the problem. What type of options do I have for a gaming mouse that is designed for Windows 7 x64 and has the features that the MX518 had or more features that work better in Windows 7 x64 . :mad::confused::( I have loaded setpoint 4.80

Looks like it's time to look into a new Mouse . :mad::confused::(

Last edited:
Having the same issue man! Thinking of changing another mouse. Initially Setpoint will freezed at installation, totally can't get it to install. Logitech support said mx518 is not supported and not compatible with Windows 7.

Manage to install the setpoint, but i have no idea how i get it to install on my Windows 7. Also have to enable UAC for setpoint every time i start up my PC, if not my keystroke won't work. Keystroke won't work on Modern Warfare 2 also..

Btw i'm using Windows 7 64 bits.

Last edited:
...I'm running setpoint right now on Win7 x64. Using the Setpoint control center 4.80.103 (driver 4.82.something I think). I'm also using an older revision of the MX518. Also didn't have problems with UAC (which is now disabled).

When installing setpoint, disable your AV. Mine kept hanging until I remembered installing Logitech drivers always worked fine without AV (Avira...installing webcam took an hour and a half until i realized the problem).

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/428/4259&cl=roeu,en?osid=14

If these things don't work for you or if you simply just want a new mouse, G500?

I guess I will be purchasing a new mouse of some kind since Logitech's answer was try and uninstall and install. No fix. I am not the only one with this problem. I thought win7 x64 was going to be better with drivers and such. It sucks.:mad:

...I'm running setpoint right now on Win7 x64. Using the Setpoint control center 4.80.103 (driver 4.82.something I think). I'm also using an older revision of the MX518. Also didn't have problems with UAC (which is now disabled).

When installing setpoint, disable your AV. Mine kept hanging until I remembered installing Logitech drivers always worked fine without AV (Avira...installing webcam took an hour and a half until i realized the problem).

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/428/4259&cl=roeu,en?osid=14

If these things don't work for you or if you simply just want a new mouse, G500?

There I am. I had no problems with any of the SetPoint software in Win 7 x64 on my mx518 and the G500 works fantastic too. I didn't even know there was a problem with the mx518 to begin with...

Well I have tried to get this dumb MX518 to work to no avail. So I will look for another brand of mouse. Never again Logitech.:mad::(

What the hell? I've been using an MX518 for probably two years, maybe longer, and I've been running Windows 7 Ultimate x64 since August.

What ? I also have 6 other systems running with MX518's also running with no problems.

But there is a driver problem and they need to fix it but they will not so I am switching my computers over to RAZER Imperator's which are made to work with win7.:eek:

Not that win7 has no problems of it's own, service pack needs to come out to fix a lot of problems.

Not that win7 has no problems of it's own, service pack needs to come out to fix a lot of problems.

Such as? I've had less trouble with Windows 7 out of the box than any other Microsoft OS, and I've used every one since the DOS/Win 3.11 days.

I don't understand why Logitech would say the MX 518 is not compatible with Windows 7 when there are plenty of people in this thread using that combination without an issue. Even I used an MX 518 with my Win 7 x64 PC at work, and that wasn't even the RTM version. Sounds like a misinformed rep rather than an official company statement to me...

crewzen said:
I thought win7 x64 was going to be better with drivers and such. It sucks.

Again, Windows 7 is better with drivers than any previous Microsoft OS. I'm sorry you're having this issue but if you truly think it sucks, there are plenty of copies of Vista and XP still floating around...

If you can't get this resolved, the G5 has a similar shape & features but has a higher DPI and a laser sensor. The G9 and G500 are other options you might want to look at. I wouldn't swear off Logitech as I have had great luck with their products and their support has been great to me, but I wish you the best of luck with Razer if you go that route. Their products very frequently have issues so you might find yourself coming back to Logitech.

Well I just ordered RAZER Imperator Black USB Wired Laser 5600 dpi hope this will work in my Win 7 64. Looks good.:D:)

MX518 is 100% working in Win764 the last time I tried that OS, and yes that's with setpoint 4.80 fully installed and configed the same way I have it set with XP.

I have Win 7 Home premium 64 bit, and my mx518 has had no problems at all.

I have been running beta since April and the same mouse. No issues since then.

My MX518 & my G500 work awesomely in Win7 x64. Though I've never used Setpoint, the buttons automatically work how I want them to.

Were you guys able to use/configure the G500's middle thumb button without installing SetPoint?

I'm using it right now works great also +1 for uberOptions never heard of it.

No problems with my MX518 or G500 on both of my Windows 7 x64 systems. Running the latest version of setpoint for both.

MX518 and Win7 here as well. No problems.

Sounds like a PEBKAC issue.

I'm getting ready to install win7 64bit and have an mx518, but I use SetPoint to reconfigure some of the buttons for my gaming needs and custom dpi. Even though you guys are using it successfully in win7, I guess I'm screwed if I want to use the custom features of setpoint?

I using 2 Mx518's on 2 different machines both running WIn7 64bit without any issues....

I have 3 separate Win7 x64 Ultimate systems that are using MX518s with no problems at all. (I love that mouse!)

I've got no problems with my mx518 in win 7 x64, been using the mouse since 2005 ._.

Back