I love newegg but clubit has 939s cheaper

Never ordered from clubit myself although their resellerratings is as good as newegg's. Also a number of places have the X2's cheaper than newegg. Monarch, TD, mwave just to name a few. In a lot of ways newegg is like costco: always good stuff at good prices and good reliable service but if price alone dictates your actions you usually can find a better deal elsewhere.

GonzoP said:
Never ordered from clubit myself although their resellerratings is as good as newegg's. Also a number of places have the X2's cheaper than newegg. Monarch, TD, mwave just to name a few. In a lot of ways newegg is like costco: always good stuff at good prices and good reliable service but if price alone dictates your actions you usually can find a better deal elsewhere.

Hmm? With the bulk pricing at costco i've always found the price per amount you get is superior in most cases at costco compared to the average grocery store

Aeauvian12 said:
Hmm? With the bulk pricing at costco i've always found the price per amount you get is superior in most cases at costco compared to the average grocery store
The average grocery store yes absolutely. But for the coupon clippers and bargain hunters you truly can almost always find a better deal here and there on selected items. Believe me I'm a Newegg & Costco King. I live a mile from a costco and do all my shopping grocery and otherwise there. It certainly is the best average like newegg is going to be the best average as well. I also have made more tech related purchases from newegg than all other online stores combined. But, just as you can find 12 packs of soda-pop at Safeway on sale for $1.99 you can find this cpu cheaper at Monarch and that video card for less at mwave. That's all I'm saying.

HA! You see there retail price ($416)
Wow they on some nice acid there. They having nice trip to the past. :D

I love Newegg also, and I'll continue to do business with them, even if prices are a few dollars more just for better service, and because I don't know anything about Clubit.
I've had problems with other online services, such as Monarch who demands someone to be present to sign for a delivery, when no one is home at my house during the day. I had to let a bottle of "antifreeze" for my water cooler return because of that and 2 months later I've yet to see a credit on my credit card from Monarch.

Yeah check resellerratings they're like 9.86 last six months and 9.79 lifetime; that's actually merginally higher than newegg 9.68/9.64 respectively. Although newegg has like 100 times more referrals to generate those ratings

newegg pretty much factors in part of the shipping cost if you compare to clubit. Via fedex or ups

More than likely I would not OC, but would I notice a change in programs I run? Gaming? Etc.

Z(+)DIAC said:
More than likely I would not OC, but would I notice a change in programs I run? Gaming? Etc.

In games? somewhat.. windows will run better though. For this price it is worth it.

Z(+)DIAC said:

In games, yes... my 3200+ is bottlenecking my PC right now, and im not really an OC'er.
Since you have a 7800gt, u would notice better performance in games. In programs, not as much... but when you open more and more things at once, then you definitely will notice a difference.

Aeauvian12 said:

I bought a 7400 Cell phone 2 years ago at costco. It was roughly $100 less than anywhere else...after rebates. I' was piggy backing on a friends membership, so I've never really compared prices, but I know at Sams, prices are not necessarilly cheaper. SOmetimes they're actually more than sister company Walmart. Certainly DVDRs are more there than from many online stores.

Hahah thanks you bastards...I bit. I guess I will just have to wait that much longer for a ram upgrade.

3800x2 939 is now OOS. :( Had to wait till I got home to order and I lost out, oh wells.

botld92z said:
3800x2 939 is now OOS. :( Had to wait till I got home to order and I lost out, oh wells.

Oh well....I kept putting it off myself. Guess I'll put it off a bit more now.

Edit:

Maybe we'll get lucky and prices will drop everywhere after Conroe is officially out :D

Also I noticed they raised it about $4 since I purchased it this morning....kinda strange.

i ordered this last night when i saw it on slickdeals :p forgot to come post it over here, sry :(

i got my fedex tracking # today :)

only beef i have w/ clubit is i get taxed :( stupid most online stores being in CA

acidicbase said:
its the same price at ewiZ

Yes, but ewiz has $10.00+ in shipping charges. ClubIT's price was shipped.

Not bad, but not the deal that ClubIT had.

Really off topic - but when I see ClubIT - I think of someone clubbing baby seals......

nilepez said:
Yes, but ewiz has $10.00+ in shipping charges. ClubIT's price was shipped.

Not bad, but not the deal that ClubIT had.
if you're in CA, that's only like a dollar or two more than clubit's price since we don't get taxed from ewiz but we do from clubit. tax took my price from 146.xx to 157.xx :(

nilepez said:
Oh well....I kept putting it off myself. Guess I'll put it off a bit more now.

Edit:

Maybe we'll get lucky and prices will drop everywhere after Conroe is officially out :D

ha, i just went ahead and ordered the 4200+ x2 because I knew I'm going to have some time off next week and needed something to do, lol.

just got my x2 3800+ s939 from them today :)

LDBFE 0623XPMW - any word on this stepping?

Back