I love my triplefis :)

SinShiva

Limp Gawd
Updated the sig to reflect the updates in life :)

Had to snag a headphone amp from best buy, but i picked these beasts up for 183 via amazon. i just got a pair of dual driver shures for 300, too. live and learn, i guess.

logitech <3

I've been digging mine too, pretty decent V shaped frequency response. If you havn't yet, try out the Comply Foam tips, that's how I get my favorite sound out of them. I've been using the TX-500 tips for awhile and really like them!

Enjoy them!

hell yeah. noticed you're rocking the klipsch speakers as well. love those things. i picked up their 80usd single driver headphones to use with my phone, the s4's. so far, they are my absolute favourite single driver headphones. i gained a new appreciation for them when i realized i'd need an amp for anything better, even with a dedicated soundcard.

(i do believe i am using the Comply tips, currently using the smaller of the two pairs of foam tips. lovely sound reproduction. the shures had slightly (nearly imperceptibly with an amp plugged in for the triple fis, better highs), but the stage and overall range was so much better in my triple fis.)

Last edited:
I've been digging mine too, pretty decent V shaped frequency response. If you havn't yet, try out the Comply Foam tips, that's how I get my favorite sound out of them. I've been using the TX-500 tips for awhile and really like them!

Enjoy them!

+ 1 for the eartips, those are awesome but can get dirty quicky if you have a lot of ear wax. Get the black ones instead of the grey ones. I got mine on Amazon for $99 a couple of years ago. I think I kinda broke it though....

This is how easy to make an audiphile rig on the cheap :)

http://wilsonfi.com/tmp/2011-01-30%2019.21.59.jpg

shows all that is required in the above. cheap (~70usd, but very cool amp. perhaps not super duper quality, but perfect for a single user's setup. amp requires separating the signal to mono left and right of the uber size stereo connectors. simplest configuration i could achieve with 0 cuts, all gold plating was what's seen in the pic. a 3ft stereo to mono rca, then i use to small rca to phat stereo size mono for the amp's input.

i guess a grandtotal here would be like 80usd for the soundcard, 183+ for the triplefis on amazon, about 70usd for the amp at best buy's music section and finally you'll need the connectors from radioshack, bring like 30usd with you. my above configuration is the best i could figure on the simple with what's available, obviously you'll want to change things to suit ones own needs.

lastly, my beautiful klipsch 2.1 (yes, they've turned me into a fan boy.) have a built in ~300w amp. THIS DOES NOT PLAY NICELY with the existing amp for reasons unbeknowns to me. they will lock up at times and sound will emit from the right speaker at whatever the soundcard OR amp send to it, leaving the volume only to control the left side. i highly believe this is because the sb card probably has some amperage added as well as the amp itself. take from this that you should be leery of decent self amplified setups if you also really want to use audiophile quality shit.

last note, my shure 425s (dual drivers) are great for people who love a more flat eq, but still pretty much the entire range with fucking beautiful mids and highs. i'd have gone for shure 3 drivers, but you only get a bit more base while retaining the immaculate mids and highs. gonna stick with the triplefis as they are the best for my persona, for the time being. if shure's could work out the bass balance issue, i'd say they'd be the next king of overall range set of earbuds.

pseudo audiophiles, if you aren't listening to your headphones powered by more than a headheld device or soundcard, you may as well chuck them in a bin and grab the klipsch s4s for like 80usd at best buy. they'll sound laughably better, not quite as broad in range, though. despite this, their overall range, bass and treble response for a single driver is better than any i've heard yet.

fuck you, bose. and monster. long live boston accoustics, klipsch, logi UE and shure!

logitech <3

It's UE you love for the triple.fi! Logitech may have bought them recently but they had nothing to do with the TF10's development.

I am very much hoping that Logitech's quality is dragged up from buying UE, as opposed to UE's quality being dragged down! :(

It's UE you love for the triple.fi! Logitech may have bought them recently but they had nothing to do with the TF10's development.

I am very much hoping that Logitech's quality is dragged up from buying UE, as opposed to UE's quality being dragged down! :(

yes, i do understand this; i'm also partial to logitech periphereals. i am hoping the acquisition does nothing but help both continue to create greater products, be that improving logitech's line as well as helping (read: not taking over) Ultimate Ear's R&D. One last thing to say, i do believe that the deficiency in treble quality in ultimate ears line is the width of the channel into the ear canal. it's much smaller in my klipsch s4s, somewhere in between with the shures. i believe testing SERIOUSLY needs to be considered about altering this, or at least testing the difference in treble distortions.

edit: radioshack had t400 comply tips. a little wiggling is to be expected, but other reviewers said they managed and they sound great. the tightness could end up being a benefit. i don't have the t500s to compare, but i'm sure i'll love these regardless; meaning there will be little point to talk about them in the future unless i come by the t500s. repeat, t400s at radioshack. apparently they have a shit pair that are compatible.

compatibility list to follow in subsequent post. sicking of editting posts over and over and the next will be a list. so fuck yall, i'm a g. :) <3 [H]

Last edited:
I love my Triplefi's and just wanted to give you guys a heads up, I use mine commuting to and from work and from running them from my pocket I tend to go through cables rather quickly (every 3-4 months) I ordered some cables online, but then found out they are covered under warranty! If you call them up they will send you more for no charge and nothing to mail back to them.

I'm kind of shocked you paid $183 for these. So many people are still selling off their unopened sets from the Amazon Christmas sale on ebay for ~ $150.

I'm kind of shocked you paid $183 for these. So many people are still selling off their unopened sets from the Amazon Christmas sale on ebay for ~ $150.

I've seen it range from forums from ~$120-170, still a good deal for those who missed the $99 deal.

I've tried the triple fi and it has a nice full bodied sound to it but the sound seems bloated to me. I also hated the idea of always cleaning my ears, the buds, and inserting in and out of my ear canals so a step up would be to wear headphones.

Back