I left my tech-geekiness at the door :(

stain.

[H]ard|Gawd
my roomie has a new laptop and wanting to upgrade ram, but the door to get to where the ram is won't budge open. the 2 screws come off, and the side of the door closes to the edge of the laptop is loose, but the side towards the middle isn't budging.

it's an asus u52f

potential problems?

my roomie has a new laptop and wanting to upgrade ram, but the door to get to where the ram is won't budge open. the 2 screws come off, and the side of the door closes to the edge of the laptop is loose, but the side towards the middle isn't budging.

it's an asus u52f

potential problems?
Looking at the images on Newegg, it looks like removing two simple screws and sliding the plate toward the bezel. There may even be another screw under the rubber foot.

There may even be another screw under the rubber foot.

nah they dont usually do that on access doors that are supposed to be user-servicable. if the two screws are out, i would just try and gently pry it open. it should lift strait up, no sliding it looks like.

nah they dont usually do that on access doors that are supposed to be user-servicable. if the two screws are out, i would just try and gently pry it open. it should lift strait up, no sliding it looks like.
"may even be" is contextually similar to "don't usually" ;)

Though the picture on Newegg implies that this cover slides. Whatever the case may be, the appropriate removal method should become quickly apparent.

it does look remotely easy to get off, and the method used to do so on every other laptop I've cracked open or upgraded ram on isn't working.. yet.

/force pry open.

I've installed RAM in a few of those. Takes a bit of force to pry it open, but the plastic they use is very tough. Just use a flathead screwdriver and pry it ;)

Back