Votes: 64 31.8%
  • COD4

Votes: 77 38.3%
  • None of the above, I'll explain why in my post

Votes: 16 8.0%

• Total voters

vage

2[H]4U
Ok so, I just built my awesome new computer, now I need a game to play. I can only get 1 game for now, as I am broke and I should really use my money for other things. However this new machine is too nice to go to waste not playing games so.....I leave the decision up to you guys.

I really enjoy FPS, and I have heard that these 3 were the best. My #1 game of choice has always been Counter-Strike. I try other games and play them for a while, but I always end up back at CS. I used to play UT2K3, so UT3 seems like the obvious choice. I got the demo, and I'm impressed by some of it, but not really blown away, it doesn't seem too much different from 2K3, but its still on the list. The other 2 are all hearsay, I haven't seen or played them at all. Having the single player will be fun, but I'll probably only do it once, so this is mostly for multi-player online.

I'll read through the posts and look at this thread at the end of the day and decide which game I am going to get.

UT3 vote here. If you are a big fan of CS(like I am), CoD4 will only piss you off more than you enjoy it. Stay with CS where you can enjoy 100 tick servers and no lag between where you shoot and where the enemy actually is. But if an "arcade" version of CS sounds interesting to you, CoD4 might not be bad.

If you're primarily into mp, and you're limiting your choices to those above - then I would definitely say UT3.

Ultimately I was say TF2 or Quake Wars though.

If you're primarily into mp, and you're limiting your choices to those above - then I would definitely say UT3.

Ultimately I was say TF2 or Quake Wars though.

TF2 was one I didn't even think about. But honestly watching some of the videos of it and everything, I'll leave that one until after Christmas to get.

TF2 was one I didn't even think about. But honestly watching some of the videos of it and everything, I'll leave that one until after Christmas to get.

haven't tried UT3, do not get Crysis, will just piss you off. I rather like COD4, my vote would go towards that. TF2 is fun, but not as fun as COD4 IMO, there simply are not enough modificiation that could be done to the classes.

Some love Crysis. Some hate it. Either way, it'll slap your computer around. That's why you bought it, isn't it?

Get Crysis and get your money's worth?

Wait on Crysis because you won't be able to run it properly and get the best experience with it. Go with CoD4 because it has an extremely awesome SP and MP . . . actually, an addictive MP.

get crysis when ig drops to the 25 dollar or below rack... by then compy hardware will be good enough to run it well, and.... well its about worth 25 or less....

the single player experience is OK up until the 1/2 way point when the aliens arrive... after that it isnt even worth playing...

UT3 has so much replay value, and if you played UT2004, you know how great the MP experience will get once it hits its stride......

Orange box vote here. TF2 is the most fun I've had in multiplayer gaming since my early days of cs (which I played competitively, like you, for about 5 years). Highly recommended.

Orange box vote here. TF2 is the most fun I've had in multiplayer gaming since my early days of cs (which I played competitively, like you, for about 5 years). Highly recommended.

TF2 comes in Orange Box? I didn't know that. I am already getting Orange Box for christmas from my gf :D.

TF2 comes in Orange Box? I didn't know that. I am already getting Orange Box for christmas from my gf :D.
Awesome, it will make a great gift. And yes, the orange box has HL2, ep1, ep2, portal, and TF2 all included in the purchase price. Enjoy, I know I did (and do).

Crysis FTW. High high replay value, and just really great action, sounds, gameplay, graphics. It has everything I like in a game. And also, I was in the Beta for the Mp and it was pretty fun.

Man, does she have a hot sister for me? :D

UT3 for MP replay value. All I know is, I wasn't playing COD2 or Far Cry for two years after they came out.

Man, does she have a hot sister for me? :D.

Heh. Not always, but most of the time you have to sacrifice looks for...hobby understanding and tolerance. ;)

But maybe nothing was sacrificed and she has multiple sisters. :D

Why not just try the demo for each of them, rather than just UT3? It's far too subjective for you to rely on anyone's input.

+1 except I never wasted any time on cs.... i wasted time in quakeworld.. lol... those were the days :D

Half-Life Orange Box 5 games (If you dont already own HL2 and Ep1) For $50.

Yeah what he said.

If you haven't played the HL2 series your nuts and need to get on it.

When your done, you have the amazing Portal, then unlimited fun for months in TF2.

Ok I'm gonna stop this right now. I already said that I am getting Orange box for christmas, and its not one of the choices so lets try to stick to those.

If your on a budget, I'd have to recommend UT3. It will get the most extra content. Epic will most likely release more content, and UT3 will probably get the most mods and stuff made for it.

Learning to make mods for UT3 will be the most useful also considering how many games are going to be using the Unreal 3 engine.

Orange box, although i voted for Crysis.

But if you want few hours of fun with singleplayer go for cod4. Forget about cod4 MP..

Well today is the day that I decide which one to buy. I see that COD4 seems to be the winner, but I think I'm going to to have to ignore the entire reason of this post and go with UT3. I downloaded all the demos yesterday, I actually got Crysis to run with all settings on Very High (i don't have a very good monitor so it was at 1280x1024), and yeah it looks really cool and everything, but its just not my cup of tea. Theres just too many things going on I think, and I don't like switching between the suit modes. COD4 I still haven't installed yet so I'll check that out before I buy anything. But UT3, I got the demo and I fricken love it. Honestly doesn't seem TOO much different at the base level from 2004 which I'm really happy with. I loved 2004, and I really like this, so as long as COD4 doesn't blow me away, its UT3 all the way.

I'm looking forward to Assassin's Creed on the PC. I really tired of first person shooters, it'll be nice for a change of pace and style. Everyone is FPS crazy these days - lowest common denominator every time. Just look at the games in your list - show some vision.

Well I mean, I stated within the first 2 lines that FPS are my favorite sooooooo yeah, drive by argument rebuffed.

I see that COD4 seems to be the winner, but I think I'm going to to have to ignore the entire reason of this post and go with UT3.

So this whole thread was worthless.

Congratulations, this was a waste of time.

So this whole thread was worthless.

Congratulations, this was a waste of time.

You should read the rest of the post where I said I have to install the demo first before I make my final decision.

Reading = not waste of time
You = waste of life

:)

COD4 or UT3 thats a hard choice.. I didn't like Crysis that much it feels like Farcry and I havent had a chance to play TF2.

You should read the rest of the post where I said I have to install the demo first before I make my final decision.

Reading = not waste of time
You = waste of life

:)

No, I read the whole thing. But the fact is that you created this post to see what OUR opinions were because you were going to base your decision upon our opinions. At the end of the day, you didn't. That is a waste of time.

You could have just tried the demos without any input from us in the first place. What kind of person can't make decisions for the themselves and bases their choices off of random people's input?

Except that I did use your opinions, and just about every single person that voted for crysis or CoD4 didn't bother to post why they liked it and what made it good. Mostly all the posts in the topic are from people that though UT3 was great.

Charlie Oscar Delta 4 Rocks.... Although I have played all of the CoD games to death and in fact still paly in a COD:UO ladder! But my only gripe is the game is too short. I am not one of those people who sit down to play through a game no matter how long it takes. But playing through in about 6 hours is rediculously quick i almost felt jipped! I think most games should give at least 12-15 hours! But either way I don't care becasue it is so much darn fun!

Back