I know this is not possible yet but will it ever be? Being able to use 2 cellular providers data connections (4g lte or 5g) to fill in dead zones?

ng4ever

2[H]4U
That or when one does not work well at all?

If this makes sense like a backup but a actual backup to cover the main cellular data connection 4g lte or 5g. That way if the main one ever has a dead zone or no data speed at all/really slow it uses some of the backup provider data.
Is this even possible ?

This is already possible with an unlocked dual sim phone. Asus, Xiaomi, and OnePlus all make dual SIM models. I'm not sure if a 4g+5g phone is available yet but there are many 3g+4g models.

This is already possible with an unlocked dual sim phone. Asus, Xiaomi, and OnePlus all make dual SIM models. I'm not sure if a 4g+5g phone is available yet but there are many 3g+4g models.

What about iPhone yet ?

You can do this today with a wireless hot spot and wi-fi calling. Just get a hot spot from a different provider than your cell phone. Expensive, but if you really need redundancy...

Is the switching to the second carrier/sim card done automatically when a low signal is detected? Or do you have to manually do something to make the switch?

If the signal strength was low or connection slow you would need to manually make the switch. Switching is only done automatically if the primary sim completely loses the connection.

If the signal strength was low or connection slow you would need to manually make the switch. Switching is only done automatically if the primary sim completely loses the connection.

Ok thanks that sucks.

In the old times, this was accomplished with roaming; but roaming between major carriers is pretty much dead in the US at this point. In theory, a MVNO could make this happen, and Google Fi did with T-Mobile and Sprint (and US Cellular, but they're not in most states), but then T-Mobile and Sprint merged, so that's kind of moot. Some non-US carriers will do roaming in the US with multiple networks, so that's a possibility, but that's likely to be expensive.

Op just put a antenna for your carrier in your car.
Or as said get a dule sim phone switching is easy and takes all of 5 seconds

Back