I killed it...

>_< yeah... poor chip...
Well... least I know I could push my cpu a bit harder.

Damn. I run mine at 1.56 on air with no problems, but I beat the crap out of it :)

Wow, what a retard. Doesn't he know that the days of peltier-based cooling are over (that x2 processor at those speeds and voltages sucks over 100w. You'd need a heavy-duty peltier to do anything better)?

Doesn't he know that removing the heat spreader is pointless, just like it was back in the K6-2 days?

Some people just don't know when to stop.

defaultluser said:
Wow, what a retard. Doesn't he know that the days of peltier-based cooling are over (that x2 processor at those speeds and voltages sucks over 100w. You'd need a heavy-duty peltier to do anything better)?

Doesn't he know that removing the heat spreader is pointless, just like it was back in the K6-2 days?

Do you think that the guy on that forum is someone else? It's the same guy who started this thread.. ;)

And what is wrong with taking off the heatspreader? :confused:

Sorry about your processor man.. That sucks. :(

defaultluser said:

You know, one of the rules to this forum is to respect all who post in it. Apparently you are a disrespectful person. Do you know what happens to people like you? They go on "vacations".

What the hell?!

How could you forget such important steps? Forgetting to plug the power adapter into a floppy drive is one thing, but forgetting to plug your pump in!? :p

defaultluser said:

Ignorant little twerps like you are becoming all too common on the [H]. This is an enthusiast site. ENTHUSIAST. Ppl with a passion about computing and anything to do with it. I've moved over to XS because ppl dont say stuff like that. They respect and understand what you're trying to achieve, and that is the absolute maximum out of your hardware within your financial grasp. There's a reason it still says noobie next to your name, so f-off.

As for your figures, an x2 @ 2850 & 1.57v pumps about 180 watts. The peltier i was using was a 320/245 actual watt peltier on a dedicated 12v psu.

I love peltiers :) Way back in the day I had a K6-2/266 running at 525mhz with a peltier, which back then was an insane OC.

I love peltiers myself. I had one on a Celeron 600 that did 1200mhz! If I remember right it was a 120w peltier or thereabouts. Anyhow, sorry to hear about your chip. That things been to hell and back though :D

menlatin said:
There's a reason it still says noobie next to your name,

yeah...because he hasnt posted a lot. I'm guessing he hasnt killed processors either. Enthusiast doesnt mean do stupid things then lash out at people who say "wow, you did something stupid".
for the record: my x2 3800 at stock is running much faster than your dead one.

menlatin said:
I've moved over to XS because ppl dont say stuff like that. They respect and understand what you're trying to achieve,

I have a hard time believing that.
Last time I checked some guy with a Sempron got bashed and flamed because his 2800Mhz overclock wasn't 'good' enough..

All those various 'oops' you mentioned point to putting down the pipe and doing the enthusiast thing more responsibly. Make yourself a checklist for all those changes instead of relying on your damaged memory and attention span. Btw, I didn't see much respect and understanding in that thread over at XS.

responsible or irresponsable, its still passion.
I think what was being said about the sempron OC was that it wasn't maxed out, and that OC was average. What ever, what am i defending. Its pointless.

So, yeah, i killed it because i was stupid. Whatever.

Oh and Toonage.check your pm.

defaultluser said:

Odd, I must be imagining the 80+ MHz gain on stock voltage I got by taking the lid off of my processor and the 200MHz+ extra top end with added voltage.

menlatin said:
I think what was being said about the sempron OC was that it wasn't maxed out, and that OC was average. What ever, what am i defending. Its pointless.

Stupid is as Stupid does ...... :D

menlatin said:

It happens, I'm sure everyone here has done similar things you have.

Hell back in my early days I paid $300 for a 10GB 7200rpm hard drive, but I didn't buy the $3 ide cable of the proper length, so I used k-nex to build a support for the old harddrive. Vibration in the form of my foot came along and the 10GB drive slipped and whacked the original drive, but luckily only the 1gb drive was burnt :)

More recently I've forgotten to plug in my watercooling pump, and I also tried a peltier, but only a peltier (didn't do enough research), and ohh yeah, glad my cpu was only on for about 10 seconds. And I've got a superpi 1m run at 1.77vcore on my opteron 146 on AIR!

We all do stupid shit, and breaking shit is just par for the course.

HmmmDonut said:
*moment of silence for the A64*

which gets disrupted by some hooligans with blow horns who have no respect and are chanting ROCK ON INTEL!!

:p

Mayhs said:
which gets disrupted by some hooligans with blow horns who have no respect and are chanting ROCK ON INTEL!!

:p
That reminds of the thread about the WoW funeral that got trashed...LOL :p

Back