I just wanted to say thank you

Cypher-

[H]ard|Gawd
Obviously this is an important time for the mighty [H]orde and I just want to say thank you to everyone.

Thank you to Maximum PC for helping us be the first to reach 4 billion.
Thank you to all of our members who switched from other DC projects to help us with this goal.
Thank you to all of the people who own the 43 hex cores we bought lol
Thank you to all of the helpful people in IRC who have been helping each other out as well as everyone on the forums.
Thank you to everyone who has donated for our giveaways.
Most of all thank you to anyone and everyone who is helping us with this battle.

Even if we lose our number one spot we will still always have the best community in my opinion. Long live the [H]orde!

Hooah !

and come on......IRC is more of a ... time waster than a help forum :p

whoops i let the cat out of the bag :p

so glad i found this corner of the internet

Hooah !

and come on......IRC is more of a ... time waster than a help forum :p

Yeah yeah I know but CC still helped me get my OC stable on there and that's not the only help I've seen between all of the shenanigans :p

I call shens on those shenanigans, it's 24/7 110% serious folding talk in that irc channel!
You should come see for yourself, there is no fun to be had at all!

/me disarms W.Feather and hands him a mug of hot relaxing tea

~htk

This thread is just part of the reason I fold for 33

on a serious note, thanks to everyone for the ride, it's been real, but it's not over yet!
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

How did maximum PC help us?

some of their members have come over to team 33 temp. so that we can hit 4 billion first. As i understand it, it is in repayment for the [H]ordes assistance to them in the Chimp Challenge.

Wow I didn't know there were MPCers among us.

hooah!

Thanks for Team 33 being Team 33; the family atmosphere here is what made me pick Team 33 as my team when I started folding more hardcore.

I tried to register for a MPC forums account to say hey, but their registration system has me locked out, and an email to the supposed forum admin bounced back, lol.

It's awesome to see the MPC crowd back us up, I appreciate it as I'm sure everyone else here does. Thank god it's been cooling down here in Texas... I'm firing up my C2D box right now..it might only be another 12kppd but every bit helps.

*quietly adds another 31k PPD* ^_^

Ouuu! What did you get? Did your roomie finally let your borg her computer? You got two GTX 480's? Share your secrets!

It's awesome to see the MPC crowd back us up, I appreciate it as I'm sure everyone else here does. Thank god it's been cooling down here in Texas... I'm firing up my C2D box right now..it might only be another 12kppd but every bit helps.

Yup, every bit helps whether 40k ppd or 400 ppd!

Wow, awesome! Did you build new boxen or power up old ones?

Nah, just powered up the second 9800GX2 core which adds another 5k PPD, bringing me back to the 31k PPD I had early this year :) Still looking at adding a GPU to the second Q6600 system which is currently GPU-less.

Nah, just powered up the second 9800GX2 core which adds another 5k PPD, bringing me back to the 31k PPD I had early this year :) Still looking at adding a GPU to the second Q6600 system which is currently GPU-less.

Ahh, I thought you meant you were producing 31kppd more!

Nah, just powered up the second 9800GX2 core which adds another 5k PPD, bringing me back to the 31k PPD I had early this year :)
BTW, I finally got around to nudifying my GX2. I don't know why I procrastinated so long to do it. I'm seeing averages of 10 deg cooler on each GPU...! Should have done that in the height of summer. :eek: :cool:

Ahh, I thought you meant you were producing 31kppd more!
I wish :D

BTW, I finally got around to nudifying my GX2. I don't know why I procrastinated so long to do it. I'm seeing averages of 10 deg cooler on each GPU...! Should have done that in the height of summer. :eek: :cool:

Yeah, it's an easy thing to do once you figure out how to get the shroud past the PCIe connectors (I didn't, it broke off). Having an intake fan blowing fresh air onto the GPU helps a lot too :)

Ok I need to pull my gx2 apart too. Especially considering its a bfg which is sans warranty at this point.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

Yeah, it's an easy thing to do once you figure out how to get the shroud past the PCIe connectors (I didn't, it broke off).
I snipped off a portion of that area too. It was a major pain to get around and I was forced to use pliers. It was also obvious to me that the orignal owner had removed the shroud prior to the sale. There were only 3 of the original 6 screws and some other small components were missing. Also, the shroud wasn't perfectly fitted together when I looked at it closely. Obviously, there are tons of GX2 owners who run these cards naked, and seeing how the temperature difference is almost night and day, it is no wonder.

Having an intake fan blowing fresh air onto the GPU helps a lot too :)
You mean where the card's fan is on the right?

Ok I need to pull my gx2 apart too. Especially considering its a bfg which is sans warranty at this point.
Even if it wasn't I would still do it for a 24/7 folding card. It is the best cooling mod I have ever performed on any card. It really is a MUST do for the GX2 or any sandwich-type card. Here is the video that helped me: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1S-Tl3TiOo&p=79A2CA62375C7F1D&playnext=1&index=3

I snipped off a portion of that area too. It was a major pain to get around and I was forced to use pliers. It was also obvious to me that the orignal owner had removed the shroud prior to the sale. There were only 3 of the original 6 screws and some other small components were missing. Also, the shroud wasn't perfectly fitted together when I looked at it closely. Obviously, there are tons of GX2 owners who run these cards naked, and seeing how the temperature difference is almost night and day, it is no wonder.
I actually needed to watch a disassembly video and check a few tutorials to convince myself I wasn't going to break the thing into half. It's one of the more insidious assemblies I have ever taken apart. Maybe an Apple device is worse :p
You mean where the card's fan is on the right?
The side intake of the case, having there a fan blowing air towards the GPU :)

Back