I just want a new GPU...

meh I had dual 1080ti until last week when a hardline fitting leaked juice on my card and it went kaplooy. But everything is in tact and I am going to ship it off for a warranty. Asus Poseidon.

Of course they're going to be faster. But it's not $800 worth of faster.

So sell your 980ti for $350 and buy a 1080ti for $670 used and you have a $320 delta.

50% faster for $320?
Value is up to the individual.

Probably worth it if your struggling with FPS now.

It’s the single biggest leap in a generation in a couple decades right? Probably not since 3dfx days have we seen a 50% jump from one model to the next generation’s

So sell your 980ti for $350 and buy a 1080ti for $670 used and you have a $320 delta.

50% faster for $320?
Value is up to the individual.

Probably worth it if your struggling with FPS now.

It’s the single biggest leap in a generation in a couple decades right? Probably not since 3dfx days have we seen a 50% jump from one model to the next generation’s

I'd agree with you there. The 980 Ti was a pretty amazing leap. Not currently struggling with FPS. I game at 1440P 165hz. Most games run 100-130 farts per second.

The only reason that I want to get a 10 series is because I'm tired of dealing with AIO problems. I've now updated to a 140 AIO since the old 120 died, and I've slowly been converting back to air. Don't really want to do a custom loop right now though I really should :(

I'm still using a GTX 760...*pauses for laughter* :( I'm still at 1080p until I find a decent HDR monitor so gaming isn't horrible.

A 1070 or 1080 has been on my wish list of upgrades for well over a year now but I cannot bring myself to spend $600+ on a GPU, especially one this close to EOL. I had planned on 1070's being around $320ish by now. What a joke.

I really hate the stupid mining craze. But finally gamers are getting a small break with the dip in prices recently.

No, you don't really hate the stupid mining craze - you just hate high gpu prices and low availability.

PSX_20180626_211925.jpg
Armenius, Archaea...

I caved :(

Wasn't the basic 970 in fall 2014 better than a 2013 Titan? And the 1070 was basically as good as the Maxwell Titan X?

Are you like three feet away from that monitor? Or play 2014 era games.

Wasn't the basic 970 in fall 2014 better than a 2013 Titan? And the 1070 was basically as good as the Maxwell Titan X?

Are you like three feet away from that monitor? Or play 2014 era games.

To whom is your question directed at?

I'm still using a GTX 760...*pauses for laughter* :( I'm still at 1080p until I find a decent HDR monitor so gaming isn't horrible.

A 1070 or 1080 has been on my wish list of upgrades for well over a year now but I cannot bring myself to spend $600+ on a GPU, especially one this close to EOL. I had planned on 1070's being around $320ish by now. What a joke.

$340 used GTX 1070 but you'll have to pay shipping https://hardforum.com/threads/fs-gpus-other-things-eventually.1962416/

AMD 580 $230 https://hardforum.com/threads/fs-gigabyte-rx-580-gaming-8g.1963131/

1.5 years ago you could have bought a 1070 card for $275.

My buddy, early last spring was trying to sell his 1070 card and he had to lower his price all the way to $275 to sell it. Then they shot up to $600+ range during the mining boom. They are definitely coming back down. A 1070 card grosses just a smidge less than $1 a day now mining and it pretty much ticks down every day, so demand will continue to fall, unless crypto picks back up.

Instead of data caps, let's have power caps! Three year average plus adjustment for fuel cost changes, kills mining overnight.

Well, I'm playing KCD and FO4 atm. Monitor is on my desk, so not three feet away.

Was it $1,300? Might as well use Freesync and lower setting if it ever dips below the range. The Vega 64 is quite powerful. Is there a specific "not much of an upgrade" benchmark that troubles you? I am just browsing sites like guru3D and Maxwell doesn't seem close to the Vega.

Was it $1,300? Might as well use Freesync and lower setting if it ever dips below the range. The Vega 64 is quite powerful. Is there a specific "not much of an upgrade" benchmark that troubles you? I am just browsing sites like guru3D and Maxwell doesn't seem close to the Vega.

No, I got it on sale for $700 iirc.

i don't want to alarm you but, someone stole the bottom of your motherboard.

:ROFLMAO:

nice card.

i bought 2 of those used of course. couldn't be happier.

Haha,

Good things come in small packages?

Probably going to upgrade to an i7 8060 / ASUS Code X pretty soon. We'll see

This close to possible new release?!

Especially,

EVGA 90 Day Step Up...

I probably wouldn't get one for a couple of months to be on the safe side though as that 90 days is based on the availability of the product or some bullshit.

It's very doubtful that they're going to come out with anything even close to the 980 Ti in performance. I think they're going to shoot for the mid to low range market and knock AMD around a bit. That or release more energy efficient mobile chips.

I nearly pulled the trigger today. First, Fry's had one, but the fuckers don't take returns anymore. Then Amazon could have one dropped on my door tomorrow morning, but I got sidetracked :(

Perhaps I'll take a trip to Microcenter tonight or tomorrow. That or just get one through Amazon, bite the bullet and wait until it's here.

Announcement End of July (Depending on how well they dump excess stock. You see the prices falling already in prep for it) First availability early August founders edition. Custom cooling 3rd party end of September. This is just in time for Christmas and will clean up a company's fiscal year which ends on October 31st.

sure sounds good (on virtual paper) ... time will tell. Prices are falling IMO because hobby miners are dumping there worn out cards. If nVidia does release the 11 series late July early August what will they do with the surplus dies they still have? Just throw them out? I read an article today that said 300k GPU chips and counting. Makes more sense for them to sell those chips, make the price slightly below what MSRP was originally, try to get the market to buy them up then release the 11 series because ... they have no immediate competition.

sure sounds good (on virtual paper) ... time will tell. Prices are falling IMO because hobby miners are dumping there worn out cards. If nVidia does release the 11 series late July early August what will they do with the surplus dies they still have? Just throw them out? I read an article today that said 300k GPU chips and counting. Makes more sense for them to sell those chips, make the price slightly below what MSRP was originally, try to get the market to buy them up then release the 11 series because ... they have no immediate competition.

Like I said they will likely to a rebrand with a small price drop and then charge a higher premium for the 1180's knowing the market will absorb it. I'll wait for the 1180ti version below $1000

Reactions: _l_
like this
Especially,

EVGA 90 Day Step Up...

I probably wouldn't get one for a couple of months to be on the safe side though as that 90 days is based on the availability of the product or some bullshit.

not really, i've used the evga step-up program a half dozen times over the years. my step-up from gtx 780 6gbs to gtx 980s took better than 6 months because i wanted the blowers instead of the acx models, but as long as you-re within 90 days from purchase to step-up submitting, you'll eventually get your product even if they don't have what you want in stock. as long as its listed its fair game.

Rumor has it,nVIDIA just sent out invites to PC hardware press,this week for some presentation at Gamescom in Germany. 1170/1180 is maybe just months away.

Well, I just couldn't wait for a sale or market sanity any longer - my old 960 started having random DX related crashes. It's probably either nVidia driver or DirectX related, but I've been troubleshooting for a week now and it's just getting worse...
So, I grit my teeth and bit the bullet on this: Sapphire Radeon NITRO+ RX 580 8GB GDDR5 PCI-E Dual HDMI / DVI-D / Dual DP w/ Backplate SPECIAL EDITION (UEFI), 100411NT+8GSEL
I figured a top of the tier card would hold its value somewhat better later, in a year or two, when 7mm Vega eventually hits
/a sale price would have been better, but no regrets

Well, I just couldn't wait for a sale or market sanity any longer - my old 960 started having random DX related crashes. It's probably either nVidia driver or DirectX related, but I've been troubleshooting for a week now and it's just getting worse...
So, I grit my teeth and bit the bullet on this: Sapphire Radeon NITRO+ RX 580 8GB GDDR5 PCI-E Dual HDMI / DVI-D / Dual DP w/ Backplate SPECIAL EDITION (UEFI), 100411NT+8GSEL
I figured a top of the tier card would hold its value somewhat better later, in a year or two, when 7mm Vega eventually hits
/a sale price would have been better, but no regrets

I have a RX 580 8GB Powercolor Red Devil. Its a decent card at 1440p with freesync. I can play most games at high settings at that resolution and maintain at or close to 75fps in accordance with my freesync threshold. If you're playing at 1080p it should be even better. I will say though, the card doesn't over clock worth a damn. I can only get 1415mhz out of the core from its already 1380mhz boost. Maybe you will have better luck with the sapphire.

As far as Vega 7nm, I don' think we'll be seeing it a stand alone GPU, Navi is the next card coming from AMD, and well probably have to hold on to our 580's until the end of 2019 :(

One option would be to buy an EVGA and then use the step-up program if new cards come out. That way, you are also not contrained by stock as much as others

...that isn't "old" and still above MSRP from launch. This shit is completely ridiculous. I've never had a problem finding a thing I want to spend money on. I just refuse to spend nearly $800 on a 1080ti. Would love to have an AMD card because my monitor is FreeSync, but I guess a Vega64 is not much of an upgrade from my heavy OC 980ti.
So I'm stuck not being able to spend money that I have on what I want. #two

/rant

yea, and I want a brand new GTX 1180 for $500 :cautious:

Back