I just uninstalled dota 2.

munkle

[H]F Junkie
I just uninstalled dota 2, I think I had about 1500 hours on it, don't really remember (uninstalled steam as well to make it one more step to reinstall dota). But it makes me a pretty hostile person while I am playing it and somewhat hostile afterwards. Probably best I don't play it anymore.

Lol noob feeder, go back to Peru. Learn2support.

/Sarcasm I'm sure you will understand ;)

I just uninstalled dota 2, I think I had about 1500 hours on it, don't really remember (uninstalled steam as well to make it one more step to reinstall dota). But it makes me a pretty hostile person while I am playing it and somewhat hostile afterwards. Probably best I don't play it anymore.

Good, if enough hostile players did just that, I would probably come back to Dota and enjoy my time. I quit a while ago because of hostile players, and yes I was not best of the best, but I was also not a total noob.

MOBA's are total hit and miss for me. I have yet to find one with a community that doesn't make me just not want to bother. I think that's what really prevents much wider acceptance of this genre are the communities are just the worst I've experienced. People use to complain about the toxic nature of MMO communities but MOBA's have dramatically eclipsed them I think in this regard I think.

I remember spending 2 months trying to play DOTA 2 and just being harassed (I'm not great but I can learn under better circumstances) by people all the time. I did the tutorial and watched videos on strategy but I just felt like without a group of decent people to play with that it was just not worth the effort.

I have never been able to get into any MOBA I've played. I do like tower defense games like Sanctum, but for whatever reason DotA and LoL just don't do it for me.

I know this isn't the point of DOTA 2, but I would have liked more maps.

Is the dota2 community just as hostile and aggressive as league of legends? I find it weird, bashing your own teammates if they do a mistake. Yeah like that is going to help.

Is the dota2 community just as hostile and aggressive as league of legends? I find it weird, bashing your own teammates if they do a mistake. Yeah like that is going to help.

Dota 2 is 10x worse than LoL....

HON is actually quite decent now.

Most of the players don't even speak English (BR's) so even if they are talking shit, you cant understand them anyways.

Not to mention HON gameplay is much better than DOTA 2. Its amazing people will purposely play a worse game because of the developer/name.

I've tried DOTA2 a number times because it looks & feels so much better that LoL, but damn it's toxic in there if you are solo... had to uninstall also, playing LoL for now...

You know whats funny is I play a ton of dota 2 and the majority of time if I am with people I will grief them for being insulting to my team mates or friends, however I find the ignore button is often over looked. Don't like what they are saying? Ignore them.

Can you deny creeps/towers in HON?

I feel ya bro. Battlefield 4 makes me a very hostile person when I play. So I usually play before working out...by the time I get to the gym I am a fuckin raging mess and it helps.

Creeps for sure.... Towers, its been too long....

Seriously tho, HON is a great game. Damnit, now I have to re-install it, AGAIN.

If your good just come play DOTA with me! Why waste your time on subpar games :D

dota2 is a great way to train yourself to want to bang your head on your desk the instant you see a "jaja" in chat

Exact reason I uninstalled it months ago. No other game makes me as mad and puts me in such a bad mood. Not worth it.

I have no intentions to quit Dota, but I don't blame a single person that does. This game can be infuriating - on both sides of experience. First problem is the matchmaking system. There is no reason in hell that someone like me with 2,162 matches should be matched up with someone on their 19th, which happened this morning. I kept calm, but it's insane when I random a support that I'm supposed to play well with a carry that doesn't know any of the game mechanics yet. It's not fair to the new guys either because they are supposed to understand the logistics of a brand new game in a HIGHLY HIGHLY competitive environment (I mean, come on, TI4 prize pool was 11 million - it's a serious game to many people.) Second is the matchmaking between countries. How are we supposed to organize a team and make plays with someone that doesn't speak your language. If you queue in a country different from your IP you should have to complete a random sentence in that language or something. I really do believe a lot of the people I match with that don't speak English are doing it just to troll, which ruins games and makes everyone mad. Luckily I separate game world and real life easily and it causes no stress on my actual life.

I have no intentions to quit Dota, but I don't blame a single person that does. This game can be infuriating - on both sides of experience. First problem is the matchmaking system. There is no reason in hell that someone like me with 2,162 matches should be matched up with someone on their 19th, which happened this morning. I kept calm, but it's insane when I random a support that I'm supposed to play well with a carry that doesn't know any of the game mechanics yet. It's not fair to the new guys either because they are supposed to understand the logistics of a brand new game in a HIGHLY HIGHLY competitive environment (I mean, come on, TI4 prize pool was 11 million - it's a serious game to many people.) Second is the matchmaking between countries. How are we supposed to organize a team and make plays with someone that doesn't speak your language. If you queue in a country different from your IP you should have to complete a random sentence in that language or something. I really do believe a lot of the people I match with that don't speak English are doing it just to troll, which ruins games and makes everyone mad. Luckily I separate game world and real life easily and it causes no stress on my actual life.

That sounds really irritating. The matchmaking works a lot better in LoL to my understanding. Sure most of them are assholes, because they are 12 years old. But at least the skill level is usually there.

That sounds really irritating. The matchmaking works a lot better in LoL to my understanding. Sure most of them are assholes, because they are 12 years old. But at least the skill level is usually there.

The matchmaking in Dota 2 is really atrocious. Even after playing 100 games with idiots to finally unlock Ranked, it's still a clusterfuck to get out of shit tier. Once you're about 400 games in it gets a little better.

Till you decide to do public matchmaking with a friend...

I have never been able to get into any MOBA I've played. I do like tower defense games like Sanctum, but for whatever reason DotA and LoL just don't do it for me.

Same, on paper I should love them. I just don't..

HON is dota 1.5. they have other maps there too. even a nice mid wars only map thats pretty fun and casual but can get very intense . Try it out its free. I only play dota because its associated with steam and its easier to see when friends are online.

When I see the 175,000 people playing DOTA I'm like why? I'm sure some of these kids playing the game are really good too.

Funny, I just re-installed DOTA2 for the first time in over a year. I only dabbled in Alpha a bit, but so far I'm enjoying my time again. Its rough though, because of how diverse this game is I can totally see how one could be so invested with the game that every little mishap or loss could piss you off.

I'm older now and just play games to have fun, if I lose I lose. If I win, neat. I'm usually drinking a beer or something at night when I play so its always a tool to unwind from a rough day.

Don't let games get the better of you.

I played dota for all of a week and determined I'd rather 4 hours a days for the rest of my life with the worst trolls of COD than one more match with the average dota team.

HON is dota 1.5. they have other maps there too. even a nice mid wars only map thats pretty fun and casual but can get very intense . Try it out its free. I only play dota because its associated with steam and its easier to see when friends are online.

Midwars is amazing, its all I play now.

I like the fact that there is no pointless laning phase, its basically teamfights 100% of the time.

Matches are shorter too, most are less than 30 minutes.

Midwars is amazing, its all I play now.

I like the fact that there is no pointless laning phase, its basically teamfights 100% of the time.

Matches are shorter too, most are less than 30 minutes.

yea It can be very addicting everyone shouldn't knock it until they try it first.

When you're around a toxic environment, it's best you leave that environment. Last thing you want is to incorporate internet behavior with real life/world behavior. You did the right thing. People don't want to around someone that is constantly hostile.

No other game makes me as mad and puts me in such a bad mood. Not worth it.

I just have to know. What the fuck is wrong with you people? Sometimes you win games you deserve to lose, sometimes you lose games you deserve to win. Sometimes you have a good match, sometimes a bad one, and in every match one team is going to be better than the other. I've seen many games lost because idiots raged early on instead of staying composed and having faith in their teammates. I've even had losses be fun, because my teammates just took it in stride and had fun with it.

How do you guys feel about SMITE (HiRezStudios)?

It's not immune to these community-issues, but the gameplay is unique.

Reminded me of Serious Sam with all the running backwards. Played a bit in beta, but then forgot about it, meh...

Great game, have more play time in it than DOTA. I like the fact that I can carry my team if they suck. Almost impossible to do that in DOTA.

I've tried to play MOBAs from time to time because, on paper, I think I would enjoy them. The problem is the community for all of them is horrible (with DOTA2 being the worst). I have never run across a single helpful player, but I've seen hundreds of players that spend the entire game harassing and berating anyone that is trying to learn the game. Lets be real here, there is a lot to learn about any MOBA before you can begin to get good at the game (characters, abilities, play styles, counters, items, timings, etc). No one can be expected to learn all that stuff in a short period of time, much less instantly like the communities seem to expect. What these games really need is a separate matchmaking area for new players. Do any of them actually have a feature like that?

Opinions the lot of it. Good for leaving if that is what you are sure you want though OP.

Back