I just turned off 3 rigs

mkrohn

2[H]4U
temps outside are approaching 90 and with rentals down in the 0.00087 with most of the straight mining coins are like half of that I decided to turn my 3 rigs that aren't currently rented OFF until prices spike again. Its just not worth the fight on some days.

Yeah, I hear you there. My mining room is up to 97 right now with it being 87 outside. We'll see how this works come mid-90 summers. Electrical wiring in wall pre-1985 can withstand ambient temps to 140. Should my mining room reach 110-115, I'll look at doing timed mines at night and off during the day.

These are AMD rigs right? if my calculations are correct nvidia is still making a bit on money on x11/x13 right now.

These are AMD rigs right? if my calculations are correct nvidia is still making a bit on money on x11/x13 right now.

I'm still profitable on AMD rigs however, I have to be conscience of the integrity of my home. Not worth melting wiring in the walls to make $25/day.

I would convert all my cards to 750ti if CCminer support failover. Being that it doesn't, I'm not going to sit idling my rigs when they aren't rented.

I would love to just sell of my rigs for BTC at this point. Plus the amount I have in crypto now vs the amount I make mining per day, even with 50 MH/s = there's just no point for me to mine anymore. My time is better spent over at Mintpal versus tweaking my rigs and trying to get in one the next popular coin early (which usually ends up on Mintpal anyway).

I turned off my farm as well. 0.0007 on X11 just isn't worth the effort--still profitable, hell it would be profitable all the way down to 0.000335 but I can do without.

I turned off my farm as well. 0.0007 on X11 just isn't worth the effort--still profitable, hell it would be profitable all the way down to 0.000335 but I can do without.

exactly what I was thinking profitable YES but not worth all of that added heat

I'm still profitable on AMD rigs however, I have to be conscience of the integrity of my home. Not worth melting wiring in the walls to make $25/day.

I would convert all my cards to 750ti if CCminer support failover. Being that it doesn't, I'm not going to sit idling my rigs when they aren't rented.

same, I have to sell off all of my GPU's to free up the cash for going nvidia but I haven't quite felt like hitting ebay with everything but I probably should. I think I'll put the cards from one of my now turned off rigs on ebay and see how they do.

So guys what are all of your plans after you sell off your equipment?

Are you getting out of crypto entirely or just going to play the markets?

I wish I could play the markets... but I lack the patience and the backbone to do it... about the most I would do right now is trade between fiat and BTC... that's because BTC is the only thing I trust right now to continue its up and down cycle.

I still have all of my rigs running and now I'm admin'ing my brother's rigs and splitting the profit with him. Still making decent money, for what amounts to zero effort.

I am just planning on shifting to Nvidia rigs myself. Going to focus on selling off my least productive stuff like 7870's and 6950's just to improve efficiency

Ya, I'm looking to take some of my more heat prone, energy sucking, less efficient stuff and replace it with NVidia rigs myself.... my 290's are the first to go. So inefficient. My 780's are next. They're NVidia, but one 780 sucks more power than one of my 290's each running the same algorithm. The 780 does better hash power wise, but it's still leaps and bounds less efficient than a 750Ti.

You all should just find some space at a datacenter/co-location.

because they require casing and a bunch of stuff that would add so much expense. I have a wood rack system where there aren't cases and box fans for airflow. If I had all reference cooled GPU's it would be easier to do but it would jsut cost me too much to make it rackable for a datacenter

because they require casing and a bunch of stuff that would add so much expense. I have a wood rack system where there aren't cases and box fans for airflow. If I had all reference cooled GPU's it would be easier to do but it would jsut cost me too much to make it rackable for a datacenter

And turns out, datacenters aren't in the business of giving away their space, power, and cooling for free.

You all should just find some space at a datacenter/co-location.

I would welcome space at a data center if I could just continue paying only the cost of power as I do now. The ability to have direct and immediate hands on access to my own hardware is also a bonus here at home.

These rigs also came in pretty handy during the winter. I think they may have helped us save a bit on our gas bill, though the savings were probably spent on power.

I would welcome space at a data center if I could just continue paying only the cost of power as I do now. The ability to have direct and immediate hands on access to my own hardware is also a bonus here at home.

These rigs also came in pretty handy during the winter. I think they may have helped us save a bit on our gas bill, though the savings were probably spent on power.

my gas bill never went above $25 so yeah here in michigan where it's cold for like half the year it's a massive perk. This past winter we had entire weeks below 0 which isn't normal for here so it saved me a ton

I'm running at reduced capacity in the garage. So the heat doesn't matter much at all.

I think they may have helped us save a bit on our gas bill, though the savings were probably spent on power.

And then some. Gas is much cheaper and more efficient than electricity for heating. But yeah, it was electricity you were using anyway, so it's a nice synergy.

Not so much in the summer, but that's what basements are for.

Ok enough, shutdown time for the summer.

At current super low graphics card prices its just not worth the hassle of trying to sell most of the cards off. I was trying to sell some cards but wow they just don't move. I'd rather sit on what I have and have them ready to flip back on when either the heat goes away or just maybe running them overnight

At current super low graphics card prices its just not worth the hassle of trying to sell most of the cards off. I was trying to sell some cards but wow they just don't move. I'd rather sit on what I have and have them ready to flip back on when either the heat goes away or just maybe running them overnight

Yup - with my whole setup having paid for itself.... during the winter, it's just like running my heater (electric) but this one actually generates a positive return. Basically I get to keep the house nice and toasty, have my rigs pay my electric bill in full, and have a few bucks left over.

miningrigrentals.com/register1138

You can setup your rig through them so you can manage your pools via web interface. It will manage failover for you.

Well, the way things waffle back and forth between AMD being dominant for this algorithm and then Nvidia being dominant for some other algorithm, I'm going to keep most of my AMD stuff in the event that a new algorithm is released that is "AMD only" even if it is just initially.

Well, the way things waffle back and forth between AMD being dominant for this algorithm and then Nvidia being dominant for some other algorithm, I'm going to keep most of my AMD stuff in the event that a new algorithm is released that is "AMD only" even if it is just initially.

yeah the primary reason why I was looking into selling off a chunk of my AMD parts is because of the level of heat they produce. Part of me just wants to keep things building but with the AMD heat levels I'm beyond my max from what it looks like. The window AC unit was a complete failure so I need to get back to ducting air out

yeah the primary reason why I was looking into selling off a chunk of my AMD parts is because of the level of heat they produce. Part of me just wants to keep things building but with the AMD heat levels I'm beyond my max from what it looks like. The window AC unit was a complete failure so I need to get back to ducting air out

I"m just ducting ambient air in from out side through a window, and out the top of the ceiling. works fine for me.

You guys ever heard of a bong cooler?
http://www.overclock.net/t/406256/the-official-bong-lovers-club-56k-fail
unlimited heat dissipation
Well..at least for a highly-overclocked 4-6 core chip + 2 78** cards
A stronger fan would probably let you add as many as you wanted to the loop.

Unless you set it up to vent outside, it's still adding the same amount of heat into your house. Well, even more, actually, since you have the added heat load from the pump(s). Plus, there's no ROI on all of the water blocks, tubing, fittings, etc.

The problem isn't cooling the rigs, it's getting the heat out of the house.

Got bored, two boxes running Dark mining. See how the electric bill looks next month. : )

With the latest x11 performance improvements, the power increase is up a fair bit for me with the AMD cards, had to get rid of some of them as the heat is too much right now.

Revenue vs. Power Cost is getting dangerously close to parity. Still making a little profit on my 750Ti rig, but not a whole lot.

I sold off all of my rigs. That basically ended up being my profit after nearly breaking even on mining since February. I'll get back in if profits increase enough, but with my farm only making $8 a day it wasn't worth the time investment, and I had already had my fun.

Second hand BTC ASICs are the only way to make any meaningful profit these days.
And even then you still need to get a fire-sale price on those to get a reasonable ROI.
All my GPU rigs over a 4 month period just barely made above break even, and that's including the funds I received from selling them off.

Today might be the day I turn mine off, I am looking at about $3.50 a day from 12 750ti's

Might even be time to dump them before the bigger maxwell shows up.

Weird coinwarz is showing that I would get 4 times as DRK a day than, profit calculator from komba that I am using.

That would make a huge difference. I have been on Jackpot lately.

Can anyone confirm that sounds about right?

I am definitely curious too, I guess I will point rigs at DRK and see what the expect output is.

Set everything to DRK and it is showing I am getting about .6 a day, which is what I expected since one of my rigs has a lame 750ti and one that likes to disappear.

Back