I just passed CompTIA Network+ Beta...

BurntToast

2[H]4U
With only 3hrs of practice and no server experience, only desktop :rolleyes:

Anyways I have a few questions. I passed, but I wouldn’t say with flying colors. When using this cert to gain an entry level job, should I just give them the web page print out that shows that I passed as well as any other info that they would need for verifying my certification? I don’t really want to show them my score unless I REALLY need too.

Also I took the free Network+ Beta exam. As far as an employers standpoint goes, do they care if you took the beta exam or not? For example, if I came into the interview with a CompTIA Network+ Beta cert and another guy came in with a CompTIA Network+ cert, would they see the other guy as a better candidate?

Thanks!

The few jobs that I put that cert down as having didn't really care about verifying it or anything. I would just keep the card in your wallet or something if they ask about it.

LOL I never received a card!!!

One page was the congrads paper, was used on CompTIA stationary. The other three told about the cert and what I knew. Ill look in the package again and see if I over looked the card.

Does it say network+ BETA all over the documentation?

By definition, if it's BETA it isn't "official", but I don't know how closely any given prospective employer would investigate the difference (if it can't be concealed), or even if Comptia itself draws a distinction (although presumably it's exact status is defined somewhere in Comptias documentation).

Maybe if the BETA became the final for the next version (N10-002?) comptia counts it as being "official".

Also, one of the minor benefits of the regular "official" Network+ is that it can be substituted in part for the elective on Microsofts MCSA Cert, I don't know if MS would accept the BETA version in lieu, unless the same version went "official".

Cool so if a job requires the "Microsofts MCSA Cert" you can weezel your way in?

BTW I just found this http://www.comptia.org/pressroom/get_pr.aspx?prid=523

it says this...
CompTIA is offering the Network+ beta exam at a reduced fee of $75; those who pass the exam will count among the first people certified in CompTIA Network+ 2005.

So would that mean its 101% for real? Now it would seem so, but before I was really unsure. I think i'll print this page up just as a back up.

kfc_comptia_netplus_cert.jpg

:confused:

BurntToast said:
Cool so if a job requires the "Microsofts MCSA Cert" you can weezel your way in?

No, just that you can count it towards the MCSA.

BurntToast said:
:confused:

Not exactly. You need to pass 3 core exams and 1 elective exam. In order to use your network+ exam towards MCSA, you need to pass A+ as well. Network+ & A+ count as 1 elective towards MCSA.

You still need to take the 3 core exams and pass A+ if you haven't already.

Back