I just made 25 bucks in burst!

Sorry to be a damper...

My 16x8TB arrived today and that's only the beginning... :D
60 Drives 4U server came in today as well :D

A build log coming up...

If only you had dropped that cash on coins yesterday you could have doubled your $ buy today....

I am on burstneon.com and I am averaging about 12 burst a day with 22TB. Sometime's it is more but that is my average in this pool so far. In the time I have been in the burst seen (30 days) I have not found 1 block. Time to add some more TB and continue forward.

I am on burstneon.com and I am averaging about 12 burst a day with 22TB. Sometime's it is more but that is my average in this pool so far. In the time I have been in the burst seen (30 days) I have not found 1 block. Time to add some more TB and continue forward.
Okay your making me feel better about my situation. I am in for about half those days @ pool.poolofd32th.club and at similar TB I am only getting a slightly higher average. I thought I was sucking madly!

Can anyone explain the "deadline" to me. Some users have hours, some days, some weeks. What determines this?

Can anyone explain the "deadline" to me. Some users have hours, some days, some weeks. What determines this?

A deadline is the result of dividing the hash of your plotted nonces for a given scoop + the previous block's signature by the current target.

Your wallet (or the pool's wallet) will will then wait for however long the lowest found deadline was before starting to forge a block. If a block comes in before the deadline expires, someone else found a lower deadline and your wallet (or pool) will discard what it has and start over. If not, then your wallet or pool will forge a block and submit it to the network.

So whoever finds the lowest deadline AND gets a block to the network first wins the round.

The target is calculated to try to keep the blocktime to an average of 4 minutes over the last 24 blocks.

I finally got the elusive 1 second deadline, on block 459000! Pretty cool that it landed on such a block. Got about 680 coins for it.
Screenshot_2018-02-15-22-31-46.png

A small change in my plan - instead of 60x 8TB hard drives, I'm going forward with 60x 4TB due to pricing and my financial risk into this project at this moment. 60x4TB hard drives should be here tomorrow :)

A small change in my plan - instead of 60x 8TB hard drives, I'm going forward with 60x 4TB due to pricing and my financial risk into this project at this moment. 60x4TB hard drives should be here tomorrow :)
Snapchat-653377341.jpg

Working on it, got the domain, VPS and cloudflare. Setting up wallets for pool and fees now....and wading my way through the webpage itself. Wish me luck :) Java sucks :/
Any update on this?

Currently I'm going to be solo but would be interested in jumping into a right pool...

Buying this coin is sort of a pain in the ass. Poloniex's verification system is ass, Bittrex is not accepting new people, C-Cex looks sort of shady and has low trading volume and I am left pondering Livecoin. Anyone here used it? Usual mix online of some people saying "scam!" and some people saying it's totally fine.

Anyone know if they have the same issue as everyone else, e.g. you need to generate your public wallet address first with 1 burst before sending anything to it? (I assume so.)

Buying this coin is sort of a pain in the ass. Poloniex's verification system is ass, Bittrex is not accepting new people, C-Cex looks sort of shady and has low trading volume and I am left pondering Livecoin. Anyone here used it? Usual mix online of some people saying "scam!" and some people saying it's totally fine.

Anyone know if they have the same issue as everyone else, e.g. you need to generate your public wallet address first with 1 burst before sending anything to it? (I assume so.)

I myself am looking at Bittrex but they're not accepting any current sign ups and I'm on the fence for Poloniex. I wish Coinbase would add much more coins to their as I'm already on Coinbase...

And to answer your question - yes, you'll need to validate your account with one burst.

I myself am looking at Bittrex but they're not accepting any current sign ups and I'm on the fence for Poloniex. I wish Coinbase would add much more coins to their as I'm already on Coinbase...

And to answer your question - yes, you'll need to validate your account with one burst.
I am on both bittrex and poloniex I guess I got on both just in time. I have heard good things about livecoin

The 8TB drives are $160 at Best Buy when on sale, which is every other week it seems. That works out to $20 per TB. So you found 4TB drives for less than $80 each? Do tell where. The lowest price I see on Amazon is $95, and those are not even WD Reds.

The 8TB drives are $160 at Best Buy when on sale, which is every other week it seems. That works out to $20 per TB. So you found 4TB drives for less than $80 each? Do tell where. The lowest price I see on Amazon is $95, and those are not even WD Reds.
amazon has hgst 3tb refurbs for 47.50-59.99 that low is $15.83/tb

Not a bad price, but those are power hungry 7,200 RPM drives. But I guess that is why they are very competitively priced. When you factor in the cost per bay, the higher capacity drives look more attractive.

Let's say a 24 bay chassis runs $480. That's $20 per bay. Stuff it with 3TB drives @ $50 and you grand total is $480 + $1,200 for a total of $1,680 for 72 TB. Works out to $23.33 per TB.

Stuff that same chassis with 8TB drives @ $160, and your grand total is $480 + $3,840 = $4320 for 192 TB. That works out to $22.50 per TB.

Best Buy around me doesn't even have that decent of sale. I changed my plan slightly cause I refuse to go into debt financing this project. At this moment it's all paid for with my money I already have.

I'm going with WD Reds 4TB at this time. I suppose I could've gone with 8TB up to the same allocation I would've had but we're well past that now.

From what I'm understanding regarding plotting and using drives in different system is that no matter what I plot, all across my systems, the plots cannot overlap even if it's on a different system - is that correct?

If so then I've got to make a minor adjustment to how I label and organize my drives.

From what I'm understanding regarding plotting and using drives in different system is that no matter what I plot, all across my systems, the plots cannot overlap even if it's on a different system - is that correct?

If so then I've got to make a minor adjustment to how I label and organize my drives.
correct no 2 plots on one account can overlap the plots are tied to the account so my plot covering 0-1000000000 is not the same as your plot 0-10000000000 but all plots you make on your wallet address from 0 to 18446744073709551613

Yes an overlapping plot means you're duplicating nonces, which won't help you. HOWEVER if you did this with a different burst account, it would be ok. This is because the deadlines are a function of your unique id + the plot's nonce numbers. Although that would drive me nuts keeping track of various burst accounts. Using an excel sheet will probably help keep you sane, and here's a nonce calculator so you can figure out how many you can fit in your formatted capacity - http://noncescalc.esy.es/

Personally I did a system of start with different billions for each drive, one drive was 440 billion, another was 660 billion, etc. Drive sizes aren't large enough for you to ever catch another when using such large numbers, and it is my understanding that it doesn't matter if you skip nonces altogether. Hell even on my big array I have 25tb of plots and they go from 660 billion to 660,104,858,789. So that's 104,858,789 nonces in 25tb, so about 16,777,406 nonces in 4tb (you'll of course lose some to formatting overhead.) So if you start each drive at a billion, you can easily keep them broken up between 1-60 billion.

correct no 2 plots on one account can overlap the plots are tied to the account so my plot covering 0-1000000000 is not the same as your plot 0-10000000000 but all plots you make on your wallet address from 0 to 18446744073709551613
Yes an overlapping plot means you're duplicating nonces, which won't help you. HOWEVER if you did this with a different burst account, it would be ok. This is because the deadlines are a function of your unique id + the plot's nonce numbers. Although that would drive me nuts keeping track of various burst accounts. Using an excel sheet will probably help keep you sane, and here's a nonce calculator so you can figure out how many you can fit in your formatted capacity - http://noncescalc.esy.es/

Personally I did a system of start with different billions for each drive, one drive was 440 billion, another was 660 billion, etc. Drive sizes aren't large enough for you to ever catch another when using such large numbers, and it is my understanding that it doesn't matter if you skip nonces altogether. Hell even on my big array I have 25tb of plots and they go from 660 billion to 660,104,858,789. So that's 104,858,789 nonces in 25tb, so about 16,777,406 nonces in 4tb (you'll of course lose some to formatting overhead.) So if you start each drive at a billion, you can easily keep them broken up between 1-60 billion.
Precisely what I was thinking, perfect. Thanks :)

i kinda want to start over on my plots i have some i just held 0 down till i thought i had enoguh

My nounces starts at 0 for the very first HD that I set up for Burst, all others are at 1bil and in an increment of 1bil, I'm good to go here.

Yeah, I wasn't aware of this either. So, I'm sure since I plotted across multiple machines that I have quite a bit of over lap. Guess I will be doing a lot of replotting this week. I typically just let the client assign the plots on its own. I will have to go through the different systems and see what ranges they already plotted.

Last edited:
I'm running some weird problems - I only can detect 12 HDDs out of all 60 in my server and also that happens to be 12 backplate S-331s that I have as well, it's mystifying... I should be seeing all of them even if not assigned drive letters. They just don't show up under Disk Management at all....

I'm running some weird problems - I only can detect 12 HDDs out of all 60 in my server and also that happens to be 12 backplate S-331s that I have as well, it's mystifying... I should be seeing all of them even if not assigned drive letters. They just don't show up under Disk Management at all....
I see you made a thread over in ssds & data storage, hopefully you'll get some answers there. A backblaze pod is above my knowledge base...

I see you made a thread over in ssds & data storage, hopefully you'll get some answers there. A backblaze pod is above my knowledge base...
It appears to be an issue with the drivers at the moment, via device manager, I was able to get the HBAs updated to the correct driver yet the HDDs aren't really showing up unless I do some weird dance summoning the platter gods whom does not often answer...

I'll be running a live-usb linux [LTS 16.04Ubtuntu] to see if I can get the hard drives to be recognized and functioning. If so then what are my options with Linux at this point, plotting & mining, both-wise?

Here's to hoping that I'll get these all sorted out soon :-\

I picked up some more 8TB drives on sale at BB. Gave me an opportunity to see how my upgraded main Burst server does for plotting speed. Plotting 5 drives in parallel, I'm doing right around 80,000 nonces/min, creating optimized plots using xplotter:

plotting52threads.PNG

The main Burst server is now running dual E5-2660 v4 CPU's giving me a total of 56 threads.

It also helped with my plot scan speeds during mining. Broke past 6,000 MB/s:

dualargonscan1.PNG

It takes me about 25 seconds to scan 365TB. Not bad at all.

there is a new plotter on the streets called Turbo Plotter 9000 it has a free version and a pro version https://blackpawn.com/tp/

it is looking like the new go to plotter it does gpu or cpu and offers staging on a ssd which makes those smr drives plot alot faster...

But are the plots it generate optimized? It doesn't say one way or another.
The q&a on the reddit post says it is optimized -
The whole staging through ssd thing I was doing back with splotter a few months ago, didn't work too well for me because I only had a slow 60gb ssd I could use for it. I'm just surprised this is beign touted as such an innovative solution, since you could already do it, this just automates it better.

Yeah, I think staging through a SSD is really only useful when using SMR drives.

I wonder if it supports restarting a plot if your computer reboots or you otherwise have to kill a plotting session like xplotter does. That's a great feature.

Yeah, I think staging through a SSD is really only useful when using SMR drives.

I wonder if it supports restarting a plot if your computer reboots or you otherwise have to kill a plotting session like xplotter does. That's a great feature.
I know I probably sound like a shill or broken record at this point, but plot resuming worked fine with splotter. I closed my plotting all the time for various reasons. Always picked back up at the last completely written set of scoops. I'd imagine this turbo plotter would do that too, seems basic enough to me.

Any recommendations on wallet / plotter / miner for Linux
[ My server is being an ass and doesn't want to work with me with the A-540 Sata Cards and the S-331 Backplates on Windows 10 Pro ]

I'll just get around to this after I'm done at work [~2-3 hours]

Much appreciated

Competition is good. Blago just released a new version of XPlotter with AVX2 support. He also added metrics showing the write speed to disk.

I'm at about 90,000 nonces/min now and writing at full speed to my drives, and considering they are 97% full at this point, I'd say they are doing pretty good at 121 MB/sec each.

xplotter_avx2_02.PNG

So i'm trying to get setup for Burst but the faucets don't seem to be working very well :(

Would someone be willing to send me a burst and a good pool so i can set my reward and start mining?

I'll pay you back 5 burst when i make it for helping me get started!

So i'm trying to get setup for Burst but the faucets don't seem to be working very well :(

Would someone be willing to send me a burst and a good pool so i can set my reward and start mining?

I'll pay you back 5 burst when i make it for helping me get started!
pm me your burst address. For pool suggestions, I need to know how much space you have plotted.

pm me your burst address. For pool suggestions, I need to know how much space you have plotted.

Once i finish plotting i'll have about 10 to 12 TB to start.

Currently i have about 4 TB already plotted.

PM inbound :) Thanks

Once i finish plotting i'll have about 10 to 12 TB to start.

Currently i have about 4 TB already plotted.

PM inbound :) Thanks
With that much you'll want to go with a 0-100 pool most likely, I'd suggest pocc or btfg (see https://www.ecomine.earth/burstpools/ ). If you think you'll be lucky you can try the 50-50 pocc pool or others similar to that. You're going to want a pool that accepts deadlines of 30 days or greater for you to regularly turn in deadlines. I'm on pool.burstcoin.space which is a 60-40 but I have 51.4tb. Oh and these numbers indicate how much reward is given to miners of the given block vs historical averages, 50-50 gives half reward to miners of the block that wins and half to miners based on their average deadlines over the last x blocks (x varies by pool.)

Back