I just made 25 bucks in burst!

I'm just now getting enough spare time to plot my 500GB drives. Should add about 3TB to my list. Unfortunately, I've only earned about 125 BURST since I started over a month ago. Can honestly say I earn a lot more just streaming videos for points to turn into e-Gift cards and PayPal. However, until I need the storage on those disks, I might as well mine too.
i have earned 5k burst in my time doing it ~2.5 mo

Too inconsistent for me. I'll keep mining until I hit 10k (5300) now after 3 weeks of downtime.. after that if a pool/wallet is stable, I'll keep going.

Can someone please direct me to the most recent DB so I don't have to download the block chain all over again???
I can if it is for 1.2.9
Let me know how I send it.
I can upload here, https://transfer.pcloud.com/about.html too, but I need to put your mail there.

i have earned 5k burst in my time doing it ~2.5 mo

So with today's rates, you have earned $34.65 in 2.5 months time. I earn between $1.25-$2.00 / day streaming vids on one server with about 6 VM's streaming one each. Then 7 cell phones earning another $50-$60 a month running a cell phone application streaming vids. A lot less up front cost and a lot better return. Hoping the few BURST I get eventually skyrocket as they currently aren't worth setting up a farm for if you have to purchase anything.

So with today's rates, you have earned $34.65 in 2.5 months time. I earn between $1.25-$2.00 / day streaming vids on one server with about 6 VM's streaming one each. Then 7 cell phones earning another $50-$60 a month running a cell phone application streaming vids. A lot less up front cost and a lot better return. Hoping the few BURST I get eventually skyrocket as they currently aren't worth setting up a farm for if you have to purchase anything.
And now my 280x is mining nicehash for 1.30 a day in btc. In addition to the 100 burst a day I get from the same machine. And I don't have to watch vids on 8 devices at all in fact I don't even need to be on that pc I can sleep go to work or go do whatever.... I would also hate to see your bandwidth use.

And now my 280x is mining nicehash for 1.30 a day in btc. In addition to the 100 burst a day I get from the same machine. And I don't have to watch vids on 8 devices at all in fact I don't even need to be on that pc I can sleep go to work or go do whatever.... I would also hate to see your bandwidth use.
No offense but the GPU hashing is irrelevant to the reality of terrible burst profitability. I have a buddy that spent thousands to get 100TB up and running mining burst, spent endless hours tweaking, and has like $90 to show for months of work. He wishes he could hit the undo button on the whole mess, buy 20k burst for $100 and call it a day. Had he put the same into GPUs he'd have made back 10-15x as much in same amount of time.

There seems to be a lot of denial and wishful thinking among those still mining burst, dreaming that it's the next BTC or ETH, but it's swirling the drain.

Lunas, I don't have to sit and watch ANY of those vids either. They just run 24/7 with very little attention given to them. Also, the VM's making the $1.50-$2.00 per day is a single box. The Cell phones are making an additional which pretty much is doubling what I'm earning and they cost $10 each for an initial investment of $70 (actually less but I'm being gracious) At full load they use like 3.5 watts each, they are a lot more profitable to go with and easier on the electric system as well as less heat. My bandwidth including home internet streaming of entertainment (no cable in my home) as well as 24/7 distributed computing averages between 1TB and 2TB each month depending on what projects I contribute to. If I stopped the DC'ing and maximized my data limit allotment I would actually be earning more and wouldn't have to add any additional up front expense to do it. Matter of fact I would earn more because my electric bills would go down. So, as you may have felt my previous post was an attack, it was not. It was to point out how pitiful the return on investment is when I keep reading more and more people rushing out to buy 8TB external drives thinking they will truly see a return. They might. I hope they do. But for what you are earning, the hardware NEEDS to really be put to use doing other things just as you are doing with mining with the GPU's. IMO buying HDD's to mine is dumb as odditory is pointing out. If you already have the drives powered up, then go for it. But I don't see this being all so great for those without access to an employers data center...

Last edited:
No offense but the GPU hashing is irrelevant to the reality of terrible burst profitability. I have a buddy that spent thousands to get 100TB up and running mining burst, spent endless hours tweaking, and has like $90 to show for months of work. He wishes he could hit the undo button on the whole mess, buy 20k burst for $100 and call it a day. Had he put the same into GPUs he'd have made back 10-15x as much in same amount of time.

There seems to be a lot of denial and wishful thinking among those still mining burst, dreaming that it's the next BTC or ETH, but it's swirling the drain.
Well i did not spend thousands on HDD or equipment i only spent around 350 and i ended up with 2 4tb drives and 2 3tb drives if i choose to stop mining the burst oh well i have all that space now. Not really enough to want to sell off drives had burst exploded maybe i would have put REAL money into getting a disk array going. As it stands right now burst is on the fence it can still come back from where it is and it can still explode. It can continue to fall or it could stablized...

Ya, I didn't buy anything either for Burst. I happened to have a couple of new 7200rpm 4TB drives sitting around and some older 2TB drives and slapped them into an old system.
burst-mine-screen.jpg

We shall see, for sure it's a gamble. It's still unique in that it's the first PoC coin. I put in about $200 on five refurb Hitachi 3TB drives. Maybe I'll make my money back, maybe I won't. I have around 16K burst mined now. I treat it as a bet and a bit of a hobby.

I also mined BTC early and when it was near break even on AMD 5000 series cards (still using some of them as backups see my sig) and kept the coins. Tons of people on here essentially remarked I was stupid.. blah blah blah.. My family thought it was stupid too... Well, I no longer have a mortgage payment, my bank roll is nice, and I still have over 100 BTC left - after legit paying the tax man. I don't have enough to be financially "free", but it's definitely improved my life substantially and removed some stresses most people have such as "making rent".

Back to BURST, does the coin have some real challenges, certainly so. I'm treating it as a low risk gamble. Not low risk in that it can't go to zero, but low risk as in I am risking $200 in hard drives and a little bit of power on my bill. $200 lost isn't going to change my life. I'm gambling the coin is going to get pumped and dumped a few times over the coming years and I plan on mining through the lull and selling then, just as I did with BTC. If it works out, sweet, if not, I'm not going to whine about it.

We shall see, for sure it's a gamble. It's still unique in that it's the first PoC coin. I put in about $200 on five refurb Hitachi 3TB drives. Maybe I'll make my money back, maybe I won't. I have around 16K burst mined now. I treat it as a bet and a bit of a hobby.

I also mined BTC early and when it was near break even on AMD 5000 series cards (still using some of them as backups see my sig) and kept the coins. Tons of people on here essentially remarked I was stupid.. blah blah blah.. My family thought it was stupid too... Well, I no longer have a mortgage payment, my bank roll is nice, and I still have over 100 BTC left - after legit paying the tax man. I don't have enough to be financially "free", but it's definitely improved my life substantially and removed some stresses most people have such as "making rent".

Back to BURST, does the coin have some real challenges, certainly so. I'm treating it as a low risk gamble. Not low risk in that it can't go to zero, but low risk as in I am risking $200 in hard drives and a little bit of power on my bill. $200 lost isn't going to change my life. I'm gambling the coin is going to get pumped and dumped a few times over the coming years and I plan on mining through the lull and selling then, just as I did with BTC. If it works out, sweet, if not, I'm not going to whine about it.
with that did you invest some or build out your mining rigs? or did you just mine w/e and let ride...

with that did you invest some or build out your mining rigs? or did you just mine w/e and let ride...

BTC days were mining rigs.

Burst, I have it hooked up to my main machine which is always on anyways. I used 3 of those internal SATA to USB drive docks that I had lying around and pointed a small fan at them to keep them relatively cool.

I'm just going to mine and let it ride, the same I did with bitcoin which I made a good deal on. There is absolutely a very real chance BURST becomes worthless, but I'm relatively confident it's going to get pumped a few times and I plan on making an exit then. Every coin has received multiple pumps.

Got a new 8TB drive, will definitely put it to use.
Good luck. Let me know how long it took you to plot that 8TB. I gave up after a seemingly 7 day plotting time per drive. I had a bunch of 8TB I had planned on using.

Good luck. Let me know how long it took you to plot that 8TB. I gave up after a seemingly 7 day plotting time per drive. I had a bunch of 8TB I had planned on using.
7 days sounds like cpu on a shitty cpu...

My 280x would plot that in 34 hours. optimized just like cpu...

Also you can actually plot multiple drives at the same time... so it would be 34 hours for all the 8tb drives... Additionally you only need to do it once...

7 days sounds like cpu on a shitty cpu...

My 280x would plot that in 34 hours. optimized just like cpu...

Also you can actually plot multiple drives at the same time... so it would be 34 hours for all the 8tb drives... Additionally you only need to do it once...
I didnt know about the more than one drive at a time....I tried with my 2600 Intel CPU and then a GTX 760. The GPU was faster but woulda still take me a couple weeks cause I thought I had to do each drive separately.

I typically do 3 drives in parallel using xplotter with an E5-2683 V3 CPU. Just under 10k nonces per drive. Takes between 20 (2TB) and 80 (8TB) hours to get all 3 drives plotted.

Another thing that made me cringe was the potential abuse to the hard drives. I just couldn't take new high end drives and put them under the constant abuse of read/write. After I was done mining I would never trust those drives for storage ever again! lol

Another thing that made me cringe was the potential abuse to the hard drives. I just couldn't take new high end drives and put them under the constant abuse of read/write. After I was done mining I would never trust those drives for storage ever again! lol
to be fair it is only write once when you plot the rest is all read/seek though you are right no sleep mode...

i took all my flaky old thumb drives micro sd and old salvage hard drives and made a trash array i added 2 4tb wd externals and 2 3tb refurb hgst enterprise drives...

What pool is everyone using now? Any good ones for a small miner currently? Burst team US was down again. Burst.ninja didn't pay me anything the last 4 days. Looking for something a bit more stable and consistent. I've only got about 6 TB going right now.

What is the current profit for like a 6TB hard drive? According to the burst coin calculator its less than $10 a month.

a lot less than $10...lol
I've made like 140 BURST over the last couple months, but I was running maybe 3TB until this week.

that's awesome!i don't know much about this mining. a friend of mine was influencing me to get into it. I built a rig with an older i5 750 with 5 3.5" drives with a total of 14tb and I have my main drive a 120gb ssd..after getting this done he kinda lost interest in hard drive mining and recommended I cpu and gpu mine with my main computer so I have been doing that for almost a week making a lil over a dollar USD a day.it is very simple as I use a lil program from a website minergate. I still have this other computer with 14tb's in it but I have no idea how to set this up correctly. any suggestions and/or help would be greatly appreciated!!
Well best way to start would be getting the aio wallet burst-team has the site up now and things seem to be moving in a positive direction. You can get it by looking on github for dawallet it will include everything needed to start I suggest plotting using a bat file ill post examples later there is also good info posted much earlier in this thread. And I would recommend burst btfg as it caters more to that small array...

I use a variation of the following bat file. This one will plot 3 drives in parallel:

Code:
@setlocal
@cd /d %~dp0
start "" /belownormal "C:\Xplotter\XPlotter_avx.exe" -id 2597790682173387743 -sn 1000000001 -n 0 -t 28 -path E:\Burst\plot -mem 8G
start "" /belownormal "C:\Xplotter\XPlotter_avx.exe" -id 2597790682173387743 -sn 1100000001 -n 0 -t 28 -path F:\Burst\plot -mem 8G
start "" /belownormal "C:\Xplotter\XPlotter_avx.exe" -id 2597790682173387743 -sn 1200000001 -n 0 -t 28 -path G:\Burst\plot -mem 8G
@pause

You will want to adjust the -t parameter to the number of threads your CPU supports as well as the -mem to whatever you have. Don't allocate all your memory. And of course change the -id to yours, and drive letters as needed.

Anyone still in this? Price has been slowly creeping up. I'm up to 15,000 BURST and it is worth just shy of $170.

i still have my small 12TB plot going, up to 4700 mining with the bfg pool, worth $55 now.

I have like 16tb online. I just don't care. I'll ride any storms out till something else can use these drives. Whatever small sum I'm using to power them is lotto ticket money to me.

I couldn't resist cheap drives and added 13tb.
I think the price will rise like other alts.
Just need BTC chill out for a while.lol

Anyone still in this? Price has been slowly creeping up. I'm up to 15,000 BURST and it is worth just shy of $170.
Other than shutting down briefly during the last blockchain attack a little bit back, I've still been mining and buying assets.

still doing it but now i am doing nice hash as well and i just bought a 1070... i may buy a few more hdd soonish... can put 3 more on my dock now...

An attack has been going for a while on and off.
Is it targeting all pools or just the pool I mining with, which is ninja.burstcoin.ml?

An attack has been going for a while on and off.
Is it targeting all pools or just the pool I mining with, which is ninja.burstcoin.ml?
the attack vector that killed much of the network has been mitigated

the majority of pools have countermeasures in place and burst network is 95-98% back to normal.

I have decided to shut down the miner when I hit 5K burst and move the drives into my Plex server (where they were supposed to go, lol)
At 4880 burst now.

Yes i am at 22,000 burst with 35tb plotted. Forged 8 blocks so far... My pile of burst is worth about 120$ at current prices.

I am still mining but only from a 3.8TB plot.. Not going to waste money on HDD's after spending $1500 on video cards :)

I am still mining but only from a 3.8TB plot.. Not going to waste money on HDD's after spending $1500 on video cards :)

I just pick up junk 2 or 3TB drives from ebay for pennies. Most of them work well enough to get a plot on them. If they die on me (and some have), I don't have to worry about them.

Still mining with my 11.5 TB plots. I've forged 3 blocks since starting in June of this year.

Back