I just made 25 bucks in burst!

It seems the read speed doesn't make any difference for mining.
Desktop - around 320+mb/s
Nuc - around 150mb/s
Both on USB3 with 4 drives.
The result is about same.

And I don't know why there is so much difference in read speed btw the systems.
i5 4690K vs i5 6260U

There are a lot crappy stuff going for months on dev team, and not sure how it affect the value of coin going forward.
Not a good sign.:(

It seems the read speed doesn't make any difference for mining.
Desktop - around 320+mb/s
Nuc - around 150mb/s
Both on USB3 with 4 drives.
The result is about same.

And I don't know why there is so much difference in read speed btw the systems.
i5 4690K vs i5 6260U

There are a lot crappy stuff going for months on dev team, and not sure how it affect the value of coin going forward.
Not a good sign.:(

Are the drives all optimized, or are the drives on the NUC not optimized?

They both support AVX2, make sure you're using the AVX2 miner on both machines.

Is hyperthreading enabled on the i5-6260U? The 4690k is a true 4-core while the 6260U is a 2c/4t. It can still run 4 drives at a time, but there is a little bit of a loss. I've done some testing on an i7-7500u with hyperthreading disabled, and the 2 cores without hyperthreading are faster than a single core enabled with hyperthreading by about 10%. It should be nowhere near a 50% difference.

Well I setup one at burstfiend.com, its using lex pool.

Its running on a dedicated server with ddos protection so hopefully it'll be fine.

It accepts all deadlines so even tiny miners should get some profit assuming the pool finds blocks.

It pays out 45% to current block winners and 65% to historical shares. Minimum payout is currently 100 burst. Pool fee is 2% for now, will lower it to 1% if the pool gets over 100tb on it.

I've only thrown 4tb at it for testing it, will be adding quite a bit more over the next few days as things finish plotting though.

I am open to suggestions!

Yours looks hung up right now for the last hour or so on block 381885. I was about to make the switch from btfg (major issues there the last few days), but I'm currently at block 381900 with them.

Are the drives all optimized, or are the drives on the NUC not optimized?

They both support AVX2, make sure you're using the AVX2 miner on both machines.

Is hyperthreading enabled on the i5-6260U? The 4690k is a true 4-core while the 6260U is a 2c/4t. It can still run 4 drives at a time, but there is a little bit of a loss. I've done some testing on an i7-7500u with hyperthreading disabled, and the 2 cores without hyperthreading are faster than a single core enabled with hyperthreading by about 10%. It should be nowhere near a 50% difference.
The drives are same drives.
I just changed system.
They should be since I've used Xplotter.
Hyperthreading is enabled.
Yes, I'm using AVX2 for both.

Yours looks hung up right now for the last hour or so on block 381885. I was about to make the switch from btfg (major issues there the last few days), but I'm currently at block 381900 with them.

Looks like the wallet stopped accepting new blocks, should be fixed now, am going to setup a couple personal backup wallets for it so it doesn't happen in the future.

Finished plotting 1 8tb, up to 12tb personally, should have 16tb more online tomorrow morning from me with 24tb more coming a day or two after then another 8-16tb in a week or so depending on plotting speed.

Also have a couple friends who should be switching over soon that'll add another 100tb ish

Finished plotting 1 8tb, up to 12tb personally, should have 16tb more online tomorrow morning from me with 24tb more coming a day or two after then another 8-16tb in a week or so depending on plotting speed.

Also have a couple friends who should be switching over soon that'll add another 100tb ish
i think you are stuck again

Looks like its been good most of the day so far today, though we haven't actually found any blocks yet!

I'm pretty sure I"m giving up on GPU plotting. I get far too many "fast block or corrupt file" messages on my GPU-plotted drives, regardless of whether I did direct or buffer generation. Sad, I wasted quite a bit of time, and I don't really have a ton of CPU power for plotting. Desktop (4690k @ 4.2) does ~9k/min, laptop (i7-7500u) does ~5k/min, and my other mining machine (G4400) only does ~3k/min.

I've got quite a few eBay bucks laying around, maybe I'll put together a Ryzen build or an older Xeon or something.

Looks like its been good most of the day so far today, though we haven't actually found any blocks yet!

I'm pretty sure I"m giving up on GPU plotting. I get far too many "fast block or corrupt file" messages on my GPU-plotted drives, regardless of whether I did direct or buffer generation. Sad, I wasted quite a bit of time, and I don't really have a ton of CPU power for plotting. Desktop (4690k @ 4.2) does ~9k/min, laptop (i7-7500u) does ~5k/min, and my other mining machine (G4400) only does ~3k/min.

I've got quite a few eBay bucks laying around, maybe I'll put together a Ryzen build or an older Xeon or something.
I have not had that issue most of my drives are gpu plotted must be an issue with your gpu settings.

My smaller flash drives are xplotted I set 8 drives to plot and just let it go 16gb thumb drives take about 3.5 hours my 128 pny fake took 7... On my X4 845... Supposed to be faster than my laptops 5500u... They both plot at around 4-5k

Where my 280x can do over 30k but due to write speed limitations drops alot...

Most likely it is cheaper to get Ryzen 1700 than Xeon since a mobo is much cheaper for Ryzen.
Also you need v3 or later for AVX2.

Most likely it is cheaper to get Ryzen 1700 than Xeon since a mobo is much cheaper for Ryzen.
Also you need v3 or later for AVX2.
not necessarily you can get a decent 8 core xeon for 60-140 a mobo for 40-200 and the ecc ram avx 2 helps but not with plotting you can get a 1 cpu board for 100 or you could get a full system for 59-600 all used of course... but still cheaper than a new ryzen system 200 for a mobo 289+ for ryzen 7 and 120 for ram

Looking at things, I'm probably far better off picking up a pair of i7-4770/4790's. I've got a handful of fairly high-end LGA1150 boards with G3220's in them running my GPU mining rigs, and I've really been wanting to switch them off of ethOS. Think I'm going to end up dropping some Haswell i7's in a couple of them and use those. That ends up giving me 8c/16t and splitting over two machines means if something hiccups, only half of my drives are down.

not necessarily you can get a decent 8 core xeon for 60-140 a mobo for 40-200 and the ecc ram avx 2 helps but not with plotting you can get a 1 cpu board for 100 or you could get a full system for 59-600 all used of course... but still cheaper than a new ryzen system 200 for a mobo 289+ for ryzen 7 and 120 for ram

Looks like the next xplotter release is going to add AVX2 support. He says 30% performance increase.

Looks like the next xplotter release is going to add AVX2 support. He says 30% performance increase.
cool i sidegraded from a A10-7850k to a X4 845 carrizo for avx 2... and i wanted a more power efficient and cooler running chip... BTW the max temps i achieved before moving the whole rig into the HAF xb was 137F on stock HSF of a 4800+ X2 it is one of the 95-125w heatpipe coolers with copper base used an old bit of AS5 and the fan off the new cooler to slightly upgrade it... when i put my rgb kit in ill get a picture of the HSF matches really well with the black and red ASrock board not so much with all my blue fans tho... HAF is so much better with wires than the Antec 900 it came out of... very minimal wires in the case if only my usb card did not need a power adaptor...

Indeed great news for Xplotter getting AVX2.
By the way, does CPU clock spped affects plotting?

Indeed great news for Xplotter getting AVX2.
By the way, does CPU clock spped affects plotting?

Yes it does. The faster the cpu the faster it can generate nounces.

Your usually limited by the hard drive write speed though. I've seen it recommended to use software like splotter to plot smaller plots to an ssd and move them to the hdd. I've not tried it myself yet though and have just been using xplotter to plot to hard drives. The gpu plotter crashes randomly for me no matter what I do so I gave up on it.

Yes it does. The faster the cpu the faster it can generate nounces.

Your usually limited by the hard drive write speed though. I've seen it recommended to use software like splotter to plot smaller plots to an ssd and move them to the hdd. I've not tried it myself yet though and have just been using xplotter to plot to hard drives. The gpu plotter crashes randomly for me no matter what I do so I gave up on it.
I use the gpu plotter alot it seems to work better on AMD gpu... I read about splotter but it is a modified xplotter and it is in some way related to the bot net operator...

Pmr drives are alot faster too SMR are rediculously slow to plot.

I have plotted to a number of different drives the best experience I had was with my 2tb seagate/Samsung laptop drive it was the st2000L that used to be recommended for PS3/PS4 upgrades it was around the same speed plotting as my ssd. You can plot to a fast raid array or ssd and move the plot to a slow smr.

I'm up to 128TB plotted with another 80TB to go. I have 2 servers plotting, but only one of them is mining. The CPUs in them can plot at a rate of about 25k nonces each. To overcome the hard drive write speed bottle next, configuring my drives in 4 x RAID0 sets. This way each volume can easily keep up. Here's my overall status at this time: (green is plotted and in service, orange = not all drives are here yet)

plot_status_7_16_17.JPG

The fastest I have been able to plot a 8TB volume is 15.7 hours. Average is about 20 hours. Excited to hear about AVX2 support coming as that means I should be able to plot a TB in about 1.4 hours!

Btw, since switching to solo mining @ 100TB Friday morning, I have yet to make a single block. Guess I just need to be patient, not one of my greatest virtues...

I'm up to 128TB plotted with another 80TB to go. I have 2 servers plotting, but only one of them is mining. The CPUs in them can plot at a rate of about 25k nonces each. To overcome the hard drive write speed bottle next, configuring my drives in 4 x RAID0 sets. This way each volume can easily keep up. Here's my overall status at this time: (green is plotted and in service, orange = not all drives are here yet)

plot_status_7_16_17.JPG

The fastest I have been able to plot a 8TB volume is 15.7 hours. Average is about 20 hours. Excited to hear about AVX2 support coming as that means I should be able to plot a TB in about 1.4 hours!

Btw, since switching to solo mining @ 100TB Friday morning, I have yet to make a single block. Guess I just need to be patient, not one of my greatest virtues...

I've got at least 100tb on my pool and it's a similar story, I think you should join my pool but that's just my .02

I think this is the highest Deadline I have seen so far, over 2 million years.

burst-2million-years.jpg

plot_status_7_16_17.JPG

Just have to be careful about the pool you join if you join lilfiends the problem is nobody there will get paid until we win a block btfg has a positive balace so they pay you based on shares generated but the problem I had with the pool is I only get 10% if my miner hits a block the rest of the pool divides up the 90% I don't get and pays out to shares 60% of that so 1660 gives me 150 1510 800 is then split to the miners 700 remains in the pool to distribute to share holders...

Yes of the 5 pools I have been in btfg has paid me the most consistently as in about 100 per day but I was getting 50-80 daily on the .biz and I got 1000 when I hit my block

Just have to be careful about the pool you join if you join lilfiends the problem is nobody there will get paid until we win a block btfg has a positive balace so they pay you based on shares generated but the problem I had with the pool is I only get 10% if my miner hits a block the rest of the pool divides up the 90% I don't get and pays out to shares 60% of that so 1660 gives me 150 1510 800 is then split to the miners 700 remains in the pool to distribute to share holders...

Yes of the 5 pools I have been in btfg has paid me the most consistently as in about 100 per day but I was getting 50-80 daily on the .biz and I got 1000 when I hit my block

While true if he is solo mining then he's not much better off than the pool currently. I'm up to 36TB on the pool myself, there is 60TB from duronclocker, 12TB from zepher (as far as I know at least, looked at the jminer image he posted before), and 12tb from a friend. IDK how much the 5th miner has but we're already at 120TB.

I think this is the highest Deadline I have seen so far, over 2 million years.

View attachment 30705

Hahaha, that was me..

I have deadlines capped at 30 days in my miners, but I have a few plots that seem to throw corrupt deadlines from time to time, so it'll show as a fast deadline on my system, it gets sent, and the confirmation comes back with a horrible deadline. Will be re-plotting those drives a 3rd time soon..

Am I reading this right that the x86 xplotter wplotgenerator has avx2 support?

https://github.com/SOELexicon/BurstAIOWallet/tree/master/XPlotter/x86

Its reported plotting speed for my the 4790 is almost double what I see on my 4770k at 4ghz (11.5k nonces/min).

EDIT: Looks like splotter has avx2 also, going to use it to plot to my 3x ssd's in raid 0 and move them to an 8tb to see if its faster.

Yeah, but I didn't think that wplotgenerator created optimized files. Haven't really heard much about splotter.

The AIO wallet is the drizzling shits. You're better off using the separate programs individually instead of via that wrapper.

Yeah, but I didn't think that wplotgenerator created optimized files. Haven't really heard much about splotter.

I'm using it now to plot out another 8tb, it's about 4x as fast for me since I can plot to my 3x raid 0 ssd and move the file while plotting the next on the ssds still.

The AIO wallet is the drizzling shits. You're better off using the separate programs individually instead of via that wrapper.
Yeah too bad they rely heavily on Java and for some reason the code doesn't work well on jdk8 would not use 7 if they paid me... The Android wallet is hot ass drippings too...

Yeah, I agree the AIO wallet is pretty bad. It freezes for about 15 seconds every few minutes or so. I guess that is when it is doing some sort of sync. It also doesn't allow you to select which plots to use when you start mining. So if you're plotting on the same machine, you have to manually update the config file, otherwise AIO will use the plot that is not yet complete.

That said, it does provide a nice summary of your wallet I think.

On my box, when I'm not plotting as well, the times when the miner hits the drives, my utilization looks as follows:

burstminingsteadystate.PNG

So each 4 disk raid0 array is at about 82% utilization, CPU is at about 15% across all cores and write speed is 440MB/s, so not all that taxing overall. In between those writes, the computer is pretty much idle.

I did finally forge some blocks. Looking at the details I see:

burstblocks.PNG

So the "Forged Fees Total" appears to be what I was paid for forging those 3 blocks. The amount per block varies a lot it seems. So the total amount for those 3 blocks is 28,456 and my payout (Forged Fees) appears to be about 5.9 % of that. Is that pretty typical?

Also, why does the amount per block vary so much, and is it the luck of the draw how much the blocks you happen for forge are worth?

Last edited:
So the "Forged Fees Total" appears to be what I was paid for forging those 3 blocks. The amount per block varies a lot it seems. So the total amount for those 3 blocks is 28,456 and my payout (Forged Fees) appears to be about 5.9 % of that. Is that pretty typical?

Also, why does the amount per block vary so much, and is it the luck of the draw how much the blocks you happen for forge are worth?
The Block rewards are 1660 - fees.
Block #381035
Reward: 1,660 Burst
Fee: 42 Burst

That amount you see for the 381035 block is just showing the amount of Burst transactions located in that block,
http://burstcoin.biz/block/2108706964502807388

Last edited:
Start the miner before you start the plotting.....
Doesn't work in my cases since I bring raid sets online that I plot on another server. So I stop mining, add the new volume to the config file, and then start mining again. This is all taking place while the server running the AIO wallet is plotting another volume. It would be nice if AIO had an option to select which plots to use, instead of just selecting everything. The scroll down to see which plots are selected doesn't even work.

Back