I just got a PS3 from Target

Star Fox

Limp Gawd
I happened to be there right when they took out a single one that they just got in.
It's a 60GB too. :D

This one is #6 for me (I got 5 at launch)...
Three have been sold though, so as of now, I have 2x 60GBs and 1x 20GB.

applause.gif

it won't sell for much... I would advise anyone against trying to buy them for profit now.

Congrats to you.

I was in Circuit City last weekend, about an hour after they opened, and they had an anouncement that two 20 GB PS3s were available. I went up to one of the employees, he asked if I wanted a PS3, and I said "no, but do you have any wiimotes?". He said no, so I left.

On a side note, I was finally able to pick up 2 additional wiimotes from target this morning.

CodeX said:
it won't sell for much... I would advise anyone against trying to buy them for profit now.
Yeah, they're only going for a 50% markup on eBay. :eek:

Star Fox said:
Yeah, they're only going for a 50% markup on eBay. :eek:

Someone on this forum got a 60GB for 650$....last time I checked that was almost retail (when you factor in tax). I think you are deluding yourself if you think these are still going for 1000$.

A lot of the PS3's on ebay are going for less than $100 above retail.

Seen a few 20 gigers end at about $520-$550, which, when you figure in tax is retail price anyway.

I just wanted to post this image cause everyone else is

LOL
applause.gif

those hands are a bit hypnotizing lol

so_cal_forever said:
Oooh, sorry to be the one to tell you this, but the PS3 toasts way better... :D
Ya, but my toaster oven displays bagels at 1080i!!

Four 60GBs @ $830
One for $800
One for $870

I know they aren't going for as much as they were at launch, but you can't deny ~$200 just for buying something and putting it on eBay is pretty sweet. :p

At least, I know you can't do that with your toaster.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I was hungry on my way home from work so I stopped and got a big mac, thought I should let you all know.

holybonkers said:
I was hungry on my way home from work so I stopped and got a big mac, thought I should let you all know.
If you can resell it for a few hundred bucks more than you paid, then I would want to hear the entire story.

Star Fox said:
Four 60GBs @ $830
One for $800
One for $870

I know they aren't going for as much as they were at launch, but you can't deny ~$200 just for buying something and putting it on eBay is pretty sweet. :p

At least, I know you can't do that with your toaster.

Tax : 35$
eBay + PayPal Fees : 50$

Final profit : 115$

pretty piss poor profit if you ask me especially when Wii's are going for the same or higher profit on a lower initial investment.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Erasmus354 said:
Tax : 35$
eBay + PayPal Fees : 50$

Final profit : 115$

pretty piss poor profit if you ask me especially when Wii's are going for the same or higher profit on a lower initial investment.
Then why don't you go buy a Wii and sell it on eBay?

Sheesh, wtf is wrong with you people?

i just got a pair of Moon Shoes from Amazon.com bitches !!! :D

ok, sorry, just following the thread flow.... :p

to the OP, good job bro! good deal these days, i hope you enjoy it !!

Star Fox said:

what's wrong with them? I'll tell you whats wrong with them. they're jealous because they dont have one to play with or even sell so they have to make themselves feel better by posting trash like they do.

Stop hotlinking my image you assholes you're stealing my bandwidth omg I just bought 10 PS3s!!!!!

Star Fox said:

It might have something to do with you boasting that you just bought your sixth PS3 on a forum populated by:

45% hate Sony and think the PS3 is rubbish
45% want a PS3 badly
10% actually have a PS3

Boasting that you're eBaying your fifth one is just bad form.

hey, i had a thread about winning an ebay auction for 650 (60gb). it was 700 after shippping but the guy sent it next day and ups overnight as well. i will be getting it tomorrow so i will see if it truely was a deal

Rocketpig said:
It might have something to do with you boasting that you just bought your sixth PS3 on a forum populated by:

45% hate Sony and think the PS3 is rubbish
45% want a PS3 badly
10% actually have a PS3

Boasting that you're eBaying your fifth one is just bad form.

I concur. No one cares that you have your sixth one. Sure, YAY you got one, your FIRST one, that woulda been cool, right around christmas.

Now you ARE boasting/bragging basically how you are trying to turn some more profit.

Dont' get me wrong. I wanted to get one and sell it on ebay too.

But after 2-3 of em, your just being a dick. :p

Yeah seriously..no one gives a flying rats ass about your 6th PS3 purchase.

let someone who wants one buy it, for Godsake.

wow... I've never seen so many jealous babies in one thread in all my years of hanging out on internet chat forums.

simply amazing. lol - :p

thenixhex311 said:
I concur. No one cares that you have your sixth one. Sure, YAY you got one, your FIRST one, that woulda been cool, right around christmas.

Now you ARE boasting/bragging basically how you are trying to turn some more profit.

Dont' get me wrong. I wanted to get one and sell it on ebay too.

But after 2-3 of em, your just being a dick. :p
Would it make you feel better if I told you that my dad's been out of work ever since last year when our family store closed down after my little brother died?
And that we have seven kids?
And that this money is buying them Christmas present and college tuition for me next year?

I've been making money with schemes/home businesses like the PS3 thing ever since I was young. I've never gotten an allowance (my family's never been rich), so I've learned to improvise. I drew up (literally, with markers) an 11 page business proposal to start a video game rental service outside my house when I was 7, and I have never looked back. Since then I've had a pet/house sitting business, a lawn service business, and most recently a computer repair business.

If all of that makes me a dick, then I guess the "american dream" of going from rags to riches is really just about being a dick all of the time.

pr0pensity said:
Closer to 20%.

Try 10%..I think the gold rush on ebay is over for the PS3..I actually thought it would spike again for X-mas..

Star Fox said:
Would it make you feel better if I told you that my dad's been out of work ever since last year when our family store closed down after my little brother died?
And that we have seven kids?
And that this money is buying them Christmas present and college tuition for me next year?

I've been making money with schemes/home businesses like the PS3 thing ever since I was young. I've never gotten an allowance (my family's never been rich), so I've learned to improvise. I drew up (literally, with markers) an 11 page business proposal to start a video game rental service outside my house when I was 7, and I have never looked back. Since then I've had a pet/house sitting business, a lawn service business, and most recently a computer repair business.

If all of that makes me a dick, then I guess the "american dream" of going from rags to riches is really just about being a dick all of the time.

I just got my 32nd PS3!

Oh yeah, my hand was chopped off by a band saw when I was 10!

And my dog has AIDS.

And my cat has SARS.

and my bird has....well, he has the bird flu.

My PS3's are paying for their treatments! And maybe one day, I can sell enough PS3's on ebay to actually get a real prosthetic hand instead of this metal pirates hook I had to make out of tin cans
:(

Timbowens said:
I just got my 32nd PS3!

Oh yeah, my hand was chopped off by a band saw when I was 10!

And my dog has AIDS.

And my cat has SARS.

and my bird has....well, he has the bird flu.

My PS3's are paying for their treatments! And maybe one day, I can sell enough PS3's on ebay to actually get a real prosthetic hand instead of this metal pirates hook I had to make out of tin cans
:(
rofl

Star Fox said:

HaHa very funny, have you tried to find a Wii? You can't otherwise you would be buying them instead since you would make more proffit off it and it's cheaper shipping costs :)
I have been trying to find a second Wii for the two weeks since I bought my first one, and they disappear the second they are out. Our TRU was getting 20 this mourning and last night there were 30 or so people in line at 8:00,almost 24 h before in the freezing cold. People actually want a Wii even with it's lacking launch lineup, Sony better drop the price soon or they are in for a world of hurt, and that would not be good for any of us gamers fans of Sony or not.

KiUNT said:
HaHa very funny, have you tried to find a Wii? You can't otherwise you would be buying them instead since you would make more proffit off it and it's cheaper shipping costs :)
I have been trying to find a second Wii for the two weeks since I bought my first one, and they disappear the second they are out. Our TRU was getting 20 this mourning and last night there were 30 or so people in line at 8:00,almost 24 h before in the freezing cold. People actually want a Wii even with it's lacking launch lineup, Sony better drop the price soon or they are in for a world of hurt, and that would not be good for any of us gamers fans of Sony or not.

Lacking launch lineup? You must mee PS3, LOL. Wii's launch lineup is pretty good! Figure you've got Zelda, Rayman and Wii Sports, all of which are launch must-haves (I know, I know, sports is free). Trauma Center is a "should have", IMHO, so that already puts you with 4 games worth having, compared to the PS3's *1*.

In any case, yeah, Wii's hard to find, and for a good reason: it rocks. I've bought 3 so far, 1 to keep and 2 for gifts :)

Star Fox said:
I happened to be there right when they took out a single one that they just got in.
It's a 60GB too. :D

This one is #6 for me (I got 5 at launch)...
Three have been sold though, so as of now, I have 2x 60GBs and 1x 20GB.

Congratulations, kid!
applause.gif
Enjoy your 15 minutes of fame.

I just bought a whole month's supply of tuna from Walmart.

Back