I just got a brand new GPU, meet the Fury

Imagine if Sapphire got their hands on this card now. We'd have a Fury X2 MAXX Tri-X edition. That's like, 7 ex's in a row man, like uber pwnage or something. :D

Imagine if Sapphire got their hands on this card now. We'd have a Fury X2 MAXX Tri-X edition. That's like, 7 ex's in a row man, like uber pwnage or something. :D

The new Ati Sapphire Fury XX MAXX XXX-Edition, so many X's!.

It'd also probably have like six fans.

The world was a simpler place when you could run two GPUs on one card without the need for external power.

Edit: Forgot a word

Last edited:
The world was a simpler place when you could two GPUs on one card without the need for external power.

Not to mention powered by primarily 5V and 3.3V power. From a quick bit of research, I found that the AGP slot can provide about 42W of power combined between the three voltages.

I still have this card somewhere in the attic. It's next to an old Matrox for scale
oxygen3.jpg

I still have this card somewhere in the attic. It's next to an old Matrox for scale
oxygen3.jpg

Wow, haha, I totally want that card now, just for the sheer ridiculousness of it. That Matrox looks about the same size as my TNT2 V3800M I got from a friend for free.

Also, on that GVX210, why is one of the GPU chips actively cooled, but the others are passive?
I don't think the one with a fan is a GPU, I think that my be a power converter or memory controller. there are only 2 GPU's on it.

I don't think the one with a fan is a GPU, I think that my be a power converter or memory controller. there are only 2 GPU's on it.

I looked it up, The frontmost chip is a Glint Gamma 2, which is the Geometry Processor, and the other two are Glint R3 Rasterizer Processors. It's one GPU split into 3 chips, ala the VooDoo 2.

Back