I just discovered a dream game is in development. Spellbreak.

tybert7

2[H]4U
Just learned about the existence of this game, it's in alpha now.

They are initially building out a battle royale style game mode, but if you look at that clip it's clear this magical combat system could work in numerous other game modes, even an rpg, but with characters with more freedom of movement and power.

Spell combinations, a setting that is not just some low tier bullets and guns games, crap I can literally do in the real world.

These are spell slinging power houses, with different spell interactions, and it looks like this could be incredible.

As the video suggests, I hope this is not confined to battle royale style games, this kind of system can be expanded to work in genres with more depth and scope too.

Three different thread on this game but whatever it looks good but I don't think it will be short lived maybe do good with streamers.

Three different thread on this game but whatever it looks good but I don't think it will be short lived maybe do good with streamers.

It won't get anywhere, it lacks the staying power that bigger titles have and high profile streamers won't like it either. I played it for a little while when the NDA was in place and got bored fast.

I havent seen this one yet. I like the art style, reminds me of breath of the wild but the competition in the BR world is getting tough especially with Apex legends out there now.

Back