I just bought an iPod!

2_hotty

Gawd
Originally posted by Epyon
retared

to turn the black light off

*setting
*black light.

did ya know ya have a black light timer too? Did ya update the ipod filmware?

:eek:

O well

Umm, who are you talking to? And if it's me, what does the backlight have to do with anything?

Also, whats a retared? And FYI, it's BACKlight, not blacklight.

I know exactly what you're talking about. Its nothing to worry about, there was a thread about it over at ipodlounge a while ago, pretty much every ipod suffers from this problem

I was kind of scarred when I first noticed it, too

Originally posted by DyNe__
I know exactly what you're talking about. Its nothing to worry about, there was a thread about it over at ipodlounge a while ago, pretty much every ipod suffers from this problem

I was kind of scarred when I first noticed it, too

no ipods that I have seen :confused: :confused: :confused:

Yeah, the new firmware is pretty handy creating a new entry on the main screen: Backlight. It's right there at the bottom, so you can scroll all the way to the bottom of the menu to turn on the light in the dark. UNLESS you are playing a song, in which case you will only succeed in going to the now playing screen. Good job Apple.

My 40g iPod has the same problem, it isn't visible with the backlight on, it's not a big deal.

Originally posted by e740Samurai
Yeah, the new firmware is pretty handy creating a new entry on the main screen: Backlight. It's right there at the bottom, so you can scroll all the way to the bottom of the menu to turn on the light in the dark. UNLESS you are playing a song, in which case you will only succeed in going to the now playing screen. Good job Apple.

My 2G backlight option works fine

Maybe I jumped the gun, but I returned it. The new one hasn't done it yet, but if it does it's good to know that it's not a problem.

If I'm in the dark, I can't see the menu anyway to switch to turn the backlight on, so I just hold the menu button in. Does the same thing. :p

Beachbum, with a statement like that, you've obviously never used a iPod before. This thing is fantastic.

The disoloration is normal, and is caused by the design and pressure on the front screen. It is an infantesimal warping of the clear plastic that allows it to refract light. Ignore it, it'll go away. It will also happen to all of them.

Originally posted by e740Samurai
So when you play a song, the backlight toggle is on the bottom of the menu regardless?

its second from the bottom, above "Now Playing"

I think thats what he's saying. Correct me if I'm wrong Samurai, but your saying it sucks that it's not the bottom option if you're playing a song, because you can't see in the dark to know when you're on the second from the bottom. Or am I way off?

Again though, if you just hold the menu button down, it turns the backlight on. At least in 3g ipods. Does it not do this in older ones?

Originally posted by 2_hotty
Again though, if you just hold the menu button down, it turns the backlight on. At least in 3g ipods. Does it not do this in older ones?

it does it in 2G

Back