I just bought a 980ti

DF-1

2[H]4U
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I can relate, I game at 3440*1440 with a 780ti and it has a hard time to keep up with recent title.
At that price it would have tempted me but I've decided to wait for pascal/polaris.
Still a good deal though.

I can relate, I game at 3440*1440 with a 780ti and it has a hard time to keep up with recent title.
At that price it would have tempted me but I've decided to wait for pascal/polaris.
Still a good deal though.

I can still return it, still not sure what to do. Have a lot of questions like if this price is going to be the normal 980ti price when pascal hits, lower?, how much better it would be, new dx12 features, etc.

Care to share the coupon? I would love to jump on this!
it was a personalized coupon text i received from staples, good only today.

I found something on slickdeals talking about it
Staples Text Coupon 25% off 1 Item 3/30/16 Only

"to get text message coupons from Staples text JOIN to 555-444."

they price match microcenter and amazon

It's a fine card for a good price. No one can predict the future performance or pricing, just enjoy the card and chill. The card won't become worthless when faster cards launch.

980ti seems like a solid card for 3440x1440 I'm sure you'll be happy.
I know I almost pulled the trigger a few time on one.
I just find it hard to justify the cost when newer generation are so close.

Nice deal, i got the same card in December for 585 from Jet, it serves me well at 2560x1600 grats!!

Last edited:
Around 60% faster than a 780ti... Enjoy!

I think it'll be a year until we might see big Pascal and I don't think you'll lose much value. Just my guess, could be completely wrong, but your upgrade will certainly be noticeable. You can run everything high/ultra usually with some AA. 3440x1440 is an awesome resolution.

Killer deal, congrats OP. I'm still bummed for missing out on this same card from a guy on Craigslist. Was selling it for $450.

Makes me want to pick one up. If i just didn't pick up a free sync 34 inch monitor i would jump all over it. Now to wait for the red team's next move.

Great price! Register it and get the games and ability to step up if needed (if cards release in that time frame) :D

Great price! Register it and get the games and ability to step up if needed (if cards release in that time frame) :D

staples didn't say anything about getting games bundled in, when i go to evga they say only if bought from evga.com

is there anyway to get those games?

staples didn't say anything about getting games bundled in, when i go to evga they say only if bought from evga.com

is there anyway to get those games?

I mMay be wrong about 3rd party sellers that dont have that bundle offered up front then.
Register it anyway and see if they pop up...Otherwise you can ask staples and/or EVGA directly. Worth a shot

Listen, there will never be a right time. If your games were struggling, you made the right choice. If it feels good to game, you made the right choice.

Also: I'm also gaming at 3440 x 1440 with a 980Ti and I'm extremely fucking happy with it.

Back