I is are the stupid!

NOTD665

Gawd
Long and the short of it, I flashed the wrong firmware set to my Linksys router (BEFW11S4, it's version 4, and I used 3.2...yeah).

The internet on my computer (directly wired to it) and the wireless on the laptop don't work now. I tried to do a manual hard reset of the actual router, nothing. I tried to connect to flash the correct one, and it says it can't find 192.168.1.1.

So, how fucked am I?

damn. I'd like to know also.

I think this would be the best place to start, If I had time i'd look, back to studying

if you can't log in at all, then your completly fucked. If you are able to log in via webbased (maybe ftp or telnet, not sure about linksys) admin and your able to flash with the correct version you'll be fine.

Chances are you have a nice blue paperweight. :eek:

You might try contacting Linksys Tech support and tell them that you had a failed firmware upgade. I wouldn't mention the wrong version thingy. ;) I doubt there is anything they can do for you, but if it is still under warranty, then you might be able to get it replaced.

The other suggestion is that if you still have the package, box it up, take it to a store that has one and try to exchange it. Just tell them it isn't working. Even without a reciept, most stores will exchange a product.

I think I saw some one mention you can hold the reset button down for like, 30 seconds or something and it will internally reflash it back to the firmware from the factory.

I don't know about it flashing its self back the the original firmware but Have you tried doing a hard reset, setting you computer's address to 192.168.1.2 and then trying the tftp flashing program? by the way how did you manage to do this as all the newer firmware for linksys devices will tell you if the image is not correct for the system?

Back