I haven't games 5 years...any suggestions?? :P

chinaboy1021

Weaksauce
I ordered a new PC:
3.0ghz C2D, 4gb ram, 640mb GTS

That said, I'm interested some gaming...I came here looking for varied suggestions since 5 years of game releases can include a lot.

I will play Ceasar IV for sure, but I'm open to anything from puzzle, strategy, trippy, to FPS.

Hope you guys can help.

you know, there is a thread very similar to this one a few post down.... unless you really care about the 1 year difference

^all those listed and crysis and warhead, along with deadspace (one of the most under recognized games). Probably wana pick up COD4 too, awesome singleplayer mode

The Witcher
Fallout 3
Battlefield 2 (if you want to try some large-scale multiplayer)
The Dawn of War 40k series
Company of Heroes

Those are just a few suggestions of games that I think would be worthwhile to try in addition to the games mentioned above.

If you love mindless shooting with hordes of enemies, how about the Serious Sam series. They've had Serious Sam The First Encounter, The Second Encounter, and Serious Sam 2, I love all 3 of them

Get Orange Box first and foremost.

After that:

Civilization 4
CoD 4
Dawn of War 40k
Bioshock
Oblivion and Expansions (Knights of the Nine, Shivering Isles)

yeah, orange box is a great place to start for sure.... Oblivion is awesome also if you like RPG types... the mods for oblivion make the game incredibly versatile and pretty much endless... Bioshock is good also and I think can be had for like $5 on steam still.. maybe. anyways, welcome back to the black hole of gaming! :)

edit: oh yeah, thanks poster below, FEAR is off the hook.. very good!

"Been out of the PC game loop for X amount of years, recommendations?"
"What gaming mouse do you recommend?"
"Best game EVER?"
"Is PC gaming dead?"
"Which is better - 360, PS3, PC?"

COD4
DeathAdder
RTCW
no
pick one, doesn't really matter

I think if you like shooters or mmorpg types a PC is the way to go... I <3 my KB and mouse. oh yeah, +1 for the death adder.. best mouse evar!

Mirror's Edge
Mass Effect
Dead Space
BioShock
Valve Complete
Quake IV
Chronicles of Riddick: EFBB/AoDA (coming soon)
F.E.A.R. (releases on 2/12)
Fallout 3
Call of Duty 4
Enemy Territory: Quake Wars
The Witcher
World of Goo

That would be my list...

Back