I have used MX1000,MX510,MX700,MX310,Razer Diamondback, My Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tygerwoody

Gawd
Ok guys, this mouse war thing is stupid. Everyone is stating that whatever mouse they have at that time is the best, its really rediculous. You cannot say say that you have the best unless you have tried them all. I for one have finally been exposed to the MX1000 to give a quick opinion on all of them

MX510/310(these are in the same category because they are the same engine)
Great mice. No response lag. Very accurate. Very Comfortable. A Top notch gamer mouse. Most everyone uses one, there is a reason why. This mouse needs no introduction. I give these a 9

MX700
Also a very nice mouse. There is however lag from stop to motion due to the wireless. If someone says that there isn't, they are lieing. Either that or they are not very bright(or just in denial). But, again great mouse. Even though the lag is there, in my experience it really does not affect gaming one little bit. The engine is the same one that is in the MX510, so its very accurate and also has an extra bonus of comfort. This deserves a 8.5 only for the reason of the SLIGHT lag.

Razer Diamondback
If i could just take control over this thing i would own everyone that walked the planet. Sensitive doesn't even put you into the right perspective of the way this mouse is. The slightest TOUCH zips the mouse across the screen. You HAVE to lower you sensitivity settings for this bad boy. A problem i noticed is no matter how low you put the sensitivity, you will always misjudge for at least a few days. You will overshot everything and lose in every game you play. Once you master the mouse a little up the sensitivity. It will take WEEKS to get good with this mouse, so if you buy this mouse, just be patient. Another problem that has not went away is desktop use with this mouse. It is extremely light, which sounds good, but is also bad. It is very hard to double click something because the mouse seems as if it is in constant movement. There is the added function of lowering/raising sensitivity IN GAME, which you will use alot. Don't listen to people what they say about raising the usb polling rate. It does not improve anything whatsoever. It makes your mouse in desktop seem more smooth, but in gaming usage, it actually will hurt you rather than help you. Aside from the slight "problems", this mouse rocks. I give it a 9.

MX1000
What can i say about this mouse. Its an awesome mouse, you can litterally use it on most any surface. Desktop usage rocks. Despite what people say about it being wireless there is ZERO lag going from stationary to movement. The battery stays charge for a very long time. Sounds like a great mouse huh? No, actually i like this mouse the least out of all of them. The feel of the mouse may seem comfortable, but it completely cramps your hand. It tries to cup your right hand "too" much. While there is no lag from stationary to movement. There is a lag from a quick pickup and set down. Slow people with lower IQ may not notice this, but yes it is there. It is slight however. Does that make up for it? absolutely not. What the mouse does instead of just delaying the time in when it comes "back to life" from being picked up, it does worse. It seems to "calculate" how far you moved your mouse during the delay and just pop your mouse cursor where it thinks it should be during the delay. Not a good idea because you will always keep moving your mouse until it reads. You may have to use this mouse to understand what i mean however. This mouse is not good for gaming. The only people that will say it is good for gaming is one of those people i mentioned above. They wasted 80 bucks on a mouse and they will stay in a complete state of denial while saying "its the best", when in actuality its not. You can game with this mouse. You can probably game with this mouse and be good, but only because you are a good gamer, not because the mouse is helping you out. I for one am a very goodFPS player. I get a decent number of kills with the MX1000, so its not that bad. But i get the equal amount of kills with any 400dpi mouse. Do you catch what I'm saying? The MX510/310/700 and Razer diamondback i will always do more. I have said enough, this mouse deserves a 7.5 on a good sunny day.

Final Conclusion:
Razer Diamondback and MX510 are both very good gamer mice. Personally, no joke i can play better with the MX510, mainly because i am a NORMALLY low sense player. But however once i "master" the diamondback there will be no contest to which is better. If you are a low sense player , the MX510 is still your mouse, until you think you can take it up a notch. Any low-med to med to high sense player, the Razer Diamondback is the best out there and with practice you will do better.

I hope this helps guys. I gamed with all of these mice and completely different days/times just to be sure i was getting accurate results. Although basically the razer came slightly out on top, i will be getting the new MX518 when it comes out, because i still believe Logitech has the most comfortable mice out there. This whole review is a complete unbiased opinion of mine. Please keep that in mind.

I'm a low-med player and I like my diamondback a lot. Now I can't say that I've used the 510, but a friend has the MX1000, and I can just feel the lag. I also noticed the pickup-put down thing too and while i rarely ever do that, I do use a func 1030 which is a smaller pad and I'd rather not have to deal with the occasional annoyance. Plus the fact that I know it has that flaw, would bug the crap outta me. So I decided on a razer soon after.

A couple problems I have with the razer though, is that on the fly sensitivity can only be adjusted with button 4 (fwd, left side). Another thing is that fwd and back functions for browsers/desktop, can only be mapped to the fwd left side button and fwd right side buttons.

Also, the I only use two fingers for the two top buttons and scroll wheel, so my pinky doesn't rest on the right side buttons. Which makes them completely useless for me. And also I can't go forward in browsers without having to reach because it's only able to bind to the right side button.

Very good review.

I do have one gripe. I don't know what you are talking about the MX1000 guessing where the pointer should be after you just woke it up. I haven't had that problem at all. It functions just like any other mouse I've owned. I just tested what you are claiming it does and I honestly didn't notice it.

Perhaps the one you tested dind't have the driver's updated? I think the rev is now 2.14 whereas when you first purchase and install it the rev is a 1.14 or something like that.

And I've been playing the Punisher with it and haven't noticed any lag in game either. Nor have I had issues with frags during gameplay.

I have had serious issue with my Zboard but only because I've never played WSAD before and I find it awkward.

I think you should honestly re-test the MX1000 and give it another try. Only this time, try updating the drivers for it and see if that helps a bit.

I'm not doubting which one you claim to outperform all of them. But remember, its more of an opinion than anything. I like my MX1000. Does it make it the best? Probably not. but is it the best mouse I've used so far. Yes.

So, to me compared to the mice I've owned it is the best.

I did like your reviews though, don't get me wrong. They were very well done with the exception of the I feel you were a little biased in that review. But all in all very well done.

My hands don't cramp with my MX1000. The lag when you set your mouse down is correct, mine does it, but only when my move my mouse way to high up. If it just hovers above the surface when I move it, it works fine. I have to actually try to make it lag.

How long are you holding it above the surface? I just did it and I'm still not getting anything. Perhaps I'm not holding it high enough or long enough?

i have to admit i am using the drivers on the CD for the Logitech MX1000. I will go and see if there is a newer download and see if it helps any.

Ok, I just did some more research on the whole thing with the mouse freaking out when you wake it up and or pick it up off the surface. If you go into the Settings program.

When the program loads youa re going to see three tabs on the left side of the window, the one it opens on has a big picture of the mouse itself on it.

Go to the middle tab, the second one, and you will see an option for "Smart Move" put a check in the box. That will cure your lagging when you wake the mouse up and or pick it up off the surface you are on.

That's why I'm not noticing it. I just turned it off and noticed the lagging. Its minimal but still kind of annoying.

Play with the mouse's settings until you find what works for you. I've had the thing for 2 days and I'm still playing around with it.

Here's the link for the latest driver's for the MX1000: http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/downloads/software/US/EN,CRID=1792,contentid=9409

The lag on the MX1000 is only on older versions, the updated drivers will fix it completely. I notice no lag what so ever on mine.

I support your statement that Razer rocks. >.<

Well, the best reviewer would be a clueless caveman. Give everything to him to test it out. He doesn't read the hype or know of any problems that plague online about a certain mouse. He just does his mouse and tells you if its good or not. ;)

I find the lag issue of the MX1000 most interesting of all. Report back with those new drivers, Tyger. :D

-J.

MX700
Also a very nice mouse. There is however lag from stop to motion due to the wireless. If someone says that there isn't, they are lieing. Either that or they are not very bright(or just in denial). But, again great mouse. Even though the lag is there, in my experience it really does not affect gaming one little bit. The engine is the same one that is in the MX510, so its very accurate and also has an extra bonus of comfort. This deserves a 8.5 only for the reason of the SLIGHT lag

Then again you might just have a bad setup. I am neither lying, in denial or stupid as you imply and I get zero noticable lag.

Dano.

Where can I buy a damn Icemat2 for my MX510? FrozenCPU is still outa of the damn things.

yes their are nice mice but i hope u guyz dont think they improve ur game play. i guarantee i can pwn u all in any game using a reg logitech laser mouse

Senturion said:
yes their are nice mice but i hope u guyz dont think they improve ur game play. i guarantee i can pwn u all in any game using a reg logitech laser mouse

certain mice can improve ones aim and ultimately their performance. im living proof, i play best with the mx300, because i can just aim quicker, and ive gone through many mice. my mx510 is my mouse bungee for my mx300. although the mx510 is very kickass too.

so now that the first part of your post has been proven wrong. i await someone at [H] to prove the second part of your laughable post wrong. oh and whoever drops this fool, post a screenshot so we can laugh at him, thanks :D

Tygerwoody said:
No, actually i like this mouse the least out of all of them. The feel of the mouse may seem comfortable, but it completely cramps your hand. It tries to cup your right hand "too" much. While there is no lag from stationary to movement. There is a lag from a quick pickup and set down. Slow people with lower IQ may not notice this, but yes it is there. It is slight however.

Tygerwoody said:
i have to admit i am using the drivers on the CD for the Logitech MX1000. I will go and see if there is a newer download and see if it helps any.

So I guess the slow IQ award goes you then. There's no lag troll.

Great thread and useful reviews.

I have one gripe about the MX1000: while the curve is fine, I think it's too short. Maybe I just have large hands, or oddly-proportioned hands, but the thumb controls are too far up for my thumb, but if I move my hand up, then my three center fingers practically hang off the mouse's front end, meaning I have to readjust those three fingers if I want to click, right-click, or use the scrolling functions.

I really wish Logitech would take size into account when it designs its mice, and not just shape.

I don't think I can ever let go of my MX300. My friend just bought a razer from EB and is unable to return it. He gave it to me to try and it's been sitting in the box for days haha. Something about the 300 just makes sense to me.

I've had the logitech optical wheel mouse (bd69, lower 3rd of this page) about 3 years now and its very comfortable. However, it does skip a bit on the pattern of my mouse pad (dell pad). Are any of these newer mice the same size/proportion?

logitech has a "kid" mouse that i was thinking might be something to try. Since its small, you should be able to move it easily w/ just your fingertips.

Why does everyone pick thier mouse up? I never do that?

I play with a trackball and mx700. (mx700 for bf1942/bfv due to vehicles) No lag on the mx700 either, and no, I am not in denial.

Tygerwoody said:
Ok guys, this mouse war thing is stupid. Everyone is stating that whatever mouse they have at that time is the best, its really rediculous. You cannot say say that you have the best unless you have tried them all.

Dead on there. Arguing over computer mice is idiotic at best. Everyone's experiences will be different. Mileage will vary. Comfort levels and useability is subjective. With that in mind I will proceed to tear apart some of your "review".

Tygerwoody said:
MX700
Also a very nice mouse. There is however lag from stop to motion due to the wireless. If someone says that there isn't, they are lieing. Either that or they are not very bright(or just in denial).
You sir, are an idiot. Don't belittle people just because they do not percieve what you say exists in your environment affects your hardware. It's called radio interference. Every consumer level device must accept it and deal with it. Most things, especially RF types of devices may exhibit some of this prescribed "lag" that you say exists everywhere. Everyone's environment will be slightly different and will have differing amounts of RF interference thus affecting RF devices proportionately. Personally I've never seen it in my MX700. But in your own defence I've never paid much attention. And if it is indeed there it doesn't appear to be enough to affect my use in either gaming or otherwise.

Tygerwoody said:
Don't listen to people what they say about raising the usb polling rate. It does not improve anything whatsoever. It makes your mouse in desktop seem more smooth, but in gaming usage, it actually will hurt you rather than help you.

Right again...you're the all knowing. All seeing. You must be God. For you have attested to each and every system out there. All platforms, all games, all uses. Right?
The irony here is that again I will come to defence on your behalf in saying that I personally have never seen any real result come from bringing up the polling rate. But I sincerely fail to see how this could possibly hurt your gaming experience. For this being a "review" you fail to provide empirical evidence for your assertions.

Tygerwoody said:
Slow people with lower IQ may not notice this, but yes it is there. <snip> The only people that will say it is good for gaming is one of those people i mentioned above. They wasted 80 bucks on a mouse and they will stay in a complete state of denial while saying "its the best", when in actuality its not.

What an ignorant and arrogant ass you make of yourself. How can you honestly sit and belittle people for what they may or may not percieve when you put forth nothing but speculation? What does "lower IQ" have to do with anything of the perceptive nature? What does it have to do with understanding how or why your RF devices aren't functioning the way they should be?

Tygerwoody said:
It tries to cup your right hand "too" much.

WRONG. The mouse is a hard plastic device. YOU are trying to hold it in a way that is hurting your hand. Alas...the shape of your had may just not be conducive to comfortable use of this particular mouse.

Tygerwoody said:
I hope this helps guys. I gamed with all of these mice and completely different days/times just to be sure i was getting accurate results. Although basically the razer came slightly out on top, i will be getting the new MX518 when it comes out, because i still believe Logitech has the most comfortable mice out there. This whole review is a complete unbiased opinion of mine. Please keep that in mind.

I will give you credit for having some great points about each of these mice. But overall you can't expect to belittle your audience into thinking that your way is right and is the only way out there. I don't believe that you were unbiased completely but that really doesn't matter now does it?

What is up with half the reviews around here? The proper way to do them is state your opinion. Not to state it then attack everybody and belittle them just because they disagree with you. Maybe some people don't have the same issues as you do. I mean sure you might have tried out each mouse, but that is ONE mouse of each, and there are variables across a production line. So just because your mouse has or doesn't have an issue doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Also it doesn't mean somebody has a low IQ or is stupid if they don't have a problem or notice it. First off some people aren't as sensitive to certain things as others, or maybe there really is no issues with their mouse since there are variables across a product line.

Anyways, plz remove the stick from your ass.

Ok this is nice, i spend hours of my very own time to find out the differences in mice specifically for the users of Hardforum. This is what i get? Please guys grow up. Alot of you have some legit remarks. Maybe i was too "aggressive" in the way i wrote the review, but what can i say, I'm a pretty straight forward type person. I call them how i see them. I can't even believe I'm going to reduce myself to everyones level and "explain" why i feel the way i do, but I guess i have to. Lets start from top to bottom. I clearly stated this review was completely my opinion, did i not? The reason i said it was my opinion was mainly because its using my senses, not yours. I can see stuff some of you can't, just like visa versa.

Vulcanus said:
Now I can't say that I've used the 510, but a friend has the MX1000, and I can just feel the lag.I also noticed the pickup-put down thing too and while i rarely ever do that, I do use a func 1030 which is a smaller pad and I'd rather not have to deal with the occasional annoyance. Plus the fact that I know it has that flaw, would bug the crap outta me. So I decided on a razer soon after.
My point exactly, he can notice lag in the MX1000. I can not. But he also noticed the pickup put down thing. So I'm concluding from his statement about the lag, is that he is just more sensitive to lag than even me(and i find myself pretty sensitive to it). He also n

Moose777 said:
I'm not doubting which one you claim to outperform all of them. But remember, its more of an opinion than anything. I like my MX1000. Does it make it the best? Probably not. but is it the best mouse I've used so far. Yes.
Hmmm, did i miss something? Moose actually read that i was posting an opinion. Thanks Moose, you did something half the people that read this thread did not. And also Moose, i installed the new drivers, i still have the lag problem, again although it is slight it is still there.

dano said:
Then again you might just have a bad setup. I am neither lying, in denial or stupid as you imply and I get zero noticable lag.

Dano.
Well that is a good statement Dano, i could have a bad setup. I forgot to mention i used three different computers for my tests. That was my error not adding it to the review. In case anyone is interested i did in fact use three completely different setups just to be sure that it wasn't a specific computer related problem. I used a 2.4c P4/IS7mobo/pc3700 corsair ram 1 gig/gt6800 , Athlon XP 1600+/KS75a/ generic 512 ram/Geforce fx 5600, and on the last setup(which was a friends, who also helped with the review) Athlon 64 3500+/Corsair 3200 1gig/ 9600 xt. So as you can see i did use a good assortment of computers for the testing.

Netrat33 said:
So I guess the slow IQ award goes you then. There's no lag troll.
Hmm let me guess why you are so angry. You must use a MX700 or MX1000 to get so mad. I stated you in the begining of my post the people who "say their mouse is the best because they have one" Troll? I thought the idea of a troll was someone who joined a messageboard just to cause trouble and leave. I have been a member for alot longer than you, so who is the troll? No troll here buddy. And i have no clue who i would be "trolling" for because i basically said every mouse was good.

wolf-R1 said:
You sir, are an idiot
[baby talk] oh is the widdle wolf mad. Who's my widdle mad wolf. Who is he? Why are you so mad widdle wolf? Could it be because you have a MX700 or MX1000 that i noticed a SLIGHT problem with?[/baby talk]
wolf-R1 said:
Personally I've never seen it in my MX700. But in your own defence I've never paid much attention. And if it is indeed there it doesn't appear to be enough to affect my use in either gaming or otherwise.
Yes that was why. I dont see why you are so mad. For one you just admitted you never even paid attention to lagging and also, you almost quoted what i said about the mouse. Lets read again shall we?
Tygerwoody said:
(in reguard to 700) "But, again great mouse. Even though the lag is there, in my experience it really does not affect gaming one little bit."
I like how you cut me down about my opinion , and then state the exact same thing i just said. But look there is more, big bad wolf is still mad.
wolf-r1 said:
Right again...you're the all knowing. All seeing. You must be God. For you have attested to each and every system out there. All platforms, all games, all uses. Right?
The irony here is that again I will come to defence on your behalf in saying that I personally have never seen any real result come from bringing up the polling rate. But I sincerely fail to see how this could possibly hurt your gaming experience. For this being a "review" you fail to provide empirical evidence for your assertions.

No i have not played on everyones computer to do tests. I did the best of my ability. I even used 3 completely different setups to show i used some variety, each result came out the same. And about the polling issue. Mr. MX700, who can clearly raise his polling and knows what he is talking about, even though he has a wireless mouse in which it is impossible to raise polling. Need i say more? i tested it. You did not. I know how it affects gaming, you do not. It does hurt gaming. End of story.

You all were a wonderful audience. And i love how you read my last quote. Wait, you didn't. Let me be a nice guy and post it again
Tygerwoody said:
This whole review is a complete unbiased opinion of mine. Please keep that in mind.

:rolleyes:

Now you're showing off your reading and comprehension skills as well as your ignorance. I'm not mad, I could care less.

I am incredulous, yes. You continue to display your lack of intellect and true ability to review anything worth a damn. Instead of intelligently rebutting my comments you only made an ass of yourself. But I digress...you have proven my point all on your own. Thanks. I appreciate that. I'm sure the rest of the readers of this thread will thank you as well and take your "review" for the rubish it is and discount it as such.

I have played with and owned several Logitech and Microsoft mice. Out of all the ones I've experienced, I say that my MX1000 is the best by far. I don't get cramping, the mouse just fits my hand perfectly.

I've also toyed around with a MX510 before, and I like the feel. I'd definitely be doing that one ujp if I didn't get the MX1k.

As for Razer, i used to have a Boomslang mouse (2 of them actually). I really couldn't get used to that mouse, it just felt so... big. I'll have to check out the diamondback though, however I think I'd be going crazy with having 2 mice and a trackball on my computer :D

*I use a mouse for gaming, and a trackball for everything else.. the trackball is a Logitech Optical Trackball pro, a very nice alternative to mousing.

EDIT: as for the rest of the thread, I seriously think you guys should humble it up and get civil, this is bound for lockage.

Thanks for posting this. This was very helpful. Looks like I will be buying the MX510 ;)

Tygerwoody said:
Moose actually read that i was posting an opinion. Thanks Moose, you did something half the people that read this thread did not. And also Moose, i installed the new drivers, i still have the lag problem, again although it is slight it is still there.

Again, did you turn on "Smart move" in the settings? I can assure you the lagging will go away.

I can also say that I've been playing The Punisher with my MX1000 and I've notice a vast improvement in my gaming with it. When I interrogate guys I don't fight with the mouse to get the "stress" meter up. In fact, the MX1000 is so sensitive that I've killed about a half dozen guys without meaning to. It's taken me a few tries at a few levels to actually learn when to stop moving the mouse. I'm EXTREMELY pleased with my MX1000 and it's got to be the best $80 I've spent for a mouse thus far.

Well I'll throw my two cents in on the Logitechs as I have used them all.

The MX500 and MX510 are virtually identical. The MX510 seemed to be just a bit faster to me even at the same settings. That's not always good but I liked it. Worth the upgrade over an existing MX500? Hardly.

The MX700 is a pretty good mouse, great weight, but It did lag. Not a huge amount and not enough to seriously affect game performance but I felt it.

MX1000, there's no lag at all. The picking up the mouse and putting it down thing I don't have a problem with because I don't pickup the mouse. Some complain that this mouse is too short, but I like it. I think the MX500 is too long. I don't have small hands at all. But maybe my fingers aren't as long as some others. I don't know but ergonomically I think the MX1000 is the best mouse on the planet. I love it's weight also. I like heavy mice personally. I second the statement about the MX1000's smart move feature. I just enabled it after I read the post and it worked great. Still there just as the poster stated. But not nearly as bad.

I do have one gripe about the MX1000, and that's that my games don't feel as smooth with it. It's not lag exactly, the game responds however I move the mouse when I move it. I think theres some kind of calculating going on in the background or something concerning movements. If I enable mouse smoothing the problem diminishes alot. But still doesn't go away. In this reguard I judge the MX500 and MX510 superior.

It is cool though how the MX1000 works on damn near any surface.

Well, I have used almost all those mice and am an above average FPS player. I would still say the MX1000 is the best mouse I have ever used. Probably because it fits my hand better than the other mice. Which is one reason why you're going to get so many different points of view.

I have never noticed the lag, but then I never bothered to use the MX drivers. I just use the windows default driver.

Tygerwoody said:
Hmm let me guess why you are so angry. You must use a MX700 or MX1000 to get so mad. I stated you in the begining of my post the people who "say their mouse is the best because they have one" Troll? I thought the idea of a troll was someone who joined a messageboard just to cause trouble and leave. I have been a member for alot longer than you, so who is the troll? No troll here buddy. And i have no clue who i would be "trolling" for because i basically said every mouse was good.

Once again, the slow IQ award belongs to you and firmly so. Um, you can see in my sig that I have a MX1000 mouse. No detective work needed there Sherlock. And despite what you think Sherly, I'm not "so angry" as you like to think. Just pointed out how stupid your "review" is :rolleyes: I play a crapload of games and don't notice any lag. Ever think, maybe there isn't any and it's YOUR system. Seeing how you did a review without the latest drivers, you obviously don't know how to do reviews. And just because you have a problem doesn't mean others do. So you assume I have a slow IQ in order to not notice this and many other MX1000 users (what your review said). You are a complete IDIOT if you don't realize how that comment is an attack on people (slapping your head)

And your LONG message about "gee people, you're real nice" *playing the smallest fiddle* cry me a river! No one asked for your review Mr. Forum review...guy. You leave yourself open to comments whether you like them or not. You're so vain it's funny and your massive retort shows it.

And yes you are a troll. Like the Troll under the bridge, you just stick around. Once again, no one asked for your review. Deal with it.

Heh, I saw at least three hints that people who don't agree with your opinions are stupid. You may have not meant it that way, but when you say that anybody who doesn't notice the lag on an MX1000 has a "low IQ," it comes across as rather insulting, particularly to people who have paid $80 for that particular mouse and do not notice the lag which you seem to find so horrendous. One more thing, those people would have decreased latency perception; not a lower intelligence quotient. Unless the IQ test that you took was vastly different from the one I took... ("OK, now move this mouse really fast! Didja notice the lag?! Didja didja?!")

It's a nice review but in the future you should try not to be so condescending / insulting. The insults don't really add anything to it, not even humor.

Edit: Oh, and I own an MX700. I don't notice a lag from stop to motion. I'm not lying. If I'm not very bright, then you aren't either, considering I was able to point out the fallacy of your basis for calling me not very bright above. And I suppose I wouldn't be aware if I was in denial, but I'm not sure why I would be in denial about my mouse lag.

Thanks for taking your time for reviewing these mice as I too agree that the 50 mouse threads we have are annoying, but don't expect to be praised or have everyone agree with you, You come here calling people who have different opinions stupid and expect everyone to pat you on the back? These kinds of threads are really sad.

Tygerwoody said:
If someone says that there isn't, they are lieing. Either that or they are not very bright(or just in denial).
Slow people with lower IQ may not notice this, but yes it is there.
They wasted 80 bucks on a mouse and they will stay in a complete state of denial while saying "its the best", when in actuality its not.

1n b4 da l0ck!

you guys really need to lighten up. I guarantee you if i added a :D or a :) or a ;) absolutely noone would be mad. My comments were not meant to insult anyone. Jesus, i feel like i insulted your dead mom or something. Its just a mouse guys. No reason to get your panties all in a twist... oh yea almost forgot :D

Fine. But what di dyou expect? Seriously.

I noticed the IG and Stupid comments while reading your initial post. I too found them to be quite annoying but I figured you may had had the wrong drivers or they were outdated. Or perhaps you didn't play with the settings enough to find a setup that suited you best.

As it turned out you were using the old drivers. But yet, you still haven't played around with the settings.

Seriously, you don't want people to get upset then don't put those comments in. The smilies help out because it's easier to tell when you don't mean something when you put a smilie next to it.

People can't tell when you are joking or mean it through the written word. That's why smilies were invented.

i got that, anyway as i said i did use the updated drivers, there is still a lag. I dont know why everyone is in such a hissy fit, the mx1000 is still an extremely good mouse, it just is not up to par as say the mx510 or Razer, that is all im saying. Reason being is because of the slight lag, as i mentioned, which no drivers will fix. It does not "suck" to play games, its just not "as" good.

before i forget :D ... so people don't go ballistic

Tygerwoody said:
Ok this is nice, i spend hours of my very own time to find out the differences in mice specifically for the users of Hardforum. This is what i get? Please guys grow up. Alot of you have some legit remarks. Maybe i was too "aggressive" in the way i wrote the review, but what can i say, I'm a pretty straight forward type person. I call them how i see them. I can't even believe I'm going to reduce myself to everyones level and "explain" why i feel the way i do, but I guess i have to. Lets start from top to bottom. I clearly stated this review was completely my opinion, did i not? The reason i said it was my opinion was mainly because its using my senses, not yours. I can see stuff some of you can't, just like visa versa.

This is what you get for calling people stupid. You should take some time to think about what you are saying and how you are saying it in future.

Well that is a good statement Dano, i could have a bad setup. I forgot to mention i used three different computers for my tests. That was my error not adding it to the review. In case anyone is interested i did in fact use three completely different setups just to be sure that it wasn't a specific computer related problem. I used a 2.4c P4/IS7mobo/pc3700 corsair ram 1 gig/gt6800 , Athlon XP 1600+/KS75a/ generic 512 ram/Geforce fx 5600, and on the last setup(which was a friends, who also helped with the review) Athlon 64 3500+/Corsair 3200 1gig/ 9600 xt. So as you can see i did use a good assortment of computers for the testing.

Well yes thats all good, but where were all these different systems located? were they in the same building or not? You might have a widespread interference problem in your house or even in every location you tested in. Unless it was a test under labratory conditions and other em fields are a known quantity then your statement means diddly squat.

What suprises me the most is that fact that this thread hasn't been locked due to the blatant name calling in your original post, did you ever read the rules? ;)

Dano.

I'm a low sensitive player as well (only use 4.5 on CS:S) and the MX510 is one of the best I"ve ever owned. I do like that its lighter than my MX700

So who does this Tygerwoody guy think he is !@!@!@! ;)

Hehe, good review/opinions.....I use a MX700 and am completely happy with it, yet I know that there is something better out there. I will be buying a new mouse in the future and am going to wait awhile to see what Logitech/Razer/Microsoft have up their sleeves. Only thing I might add is that I would never use the original CD drivers to test a mouse. I would always hit the web to see what the latest and greatest is. Just my 2 cents.

Tygerwoody said:
you guys really need to lighten up. I guarantee you if i added a :D or a :) or a ;) absolutely noone would be mad. My comments were not meant to insult anyone. Jesus, i feel like i insulted your dead mom or something.

"Lighten up"? Are you kidding??
I don't care how many smilies you added you can't detract from your imflammatory statements by adding a smile or two. Maybe you didn't intend to insult but you did. If I started spouting off racial slurs here but didn't mean to harm anyone how would that come off?

You're getting irritated because of all the negative feedback to your "review". Now you're experiencing the irritation that many of us felt as we read your "review" and though that you were an arrogant ass.

As I mentioned in my previous post of which all you were able to respond to was to belittle me...you had some very good points but your empirical evidence was lacking, especially where the RF 'lag' you experience is concerned. Furthermore, as I said before, saying that people are stupid for not being able to detect it can't bee deemed acceptable in any manner.

Go read more [H] reviews and others as well. I think you'll find that you're on the right track but A) you need more/better evidence, B) you need to be able to show your own shortcomings C) you need to lose the chip off of your shoulder.

Especially C. :eek:

Wolf-R1 said:
"Lighten up"? Are you kidding??
I don't care how many smilies you added you can't detract from your imflammatory statements by adding a smile or two. Maybe you didn't intend to insult but you did. If I started spouting off racial slurs here but didn't mean to harm anyone how would that come off?

You're getting irritated because of all the negative feedback to your "review". Now you're experiencing the irritation that many of us felt as we read your "review" and though that you were an arrogant ass.

As I mentioned in my previous post of which all you were able to respond to was to belittle me...you had some very good points but your empirical evidence was lacking, especially where the RF 'lag' you experience is concerned. Furthermore, as I said before, saying that people are stupid for not being able to detect it can't bee deemed acceptable in any manner.

Go read more [H] reviews and others as well. I think you'll find that you're on the right track but A) you need more/better evidence, B) you need to be able to show your own shortcomings C) you need to lose the chip off of your shoulder.

Especially C. :eek:

If you died today, i wouldn't cry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back