I have too many programs installed on my HDD. Which ones should I uninstall?

Well the largest files on there are going to be the games, so start by removing the ones you don't play anymore. Otherwise, what are you concerned about ... the drive space being used or just the amount of applications installed?

A few other things ... check out http://www.pcdecrapifier.com/ It's an application that has 'definitions' and will automatically remove bloated add-ons that get installed. Also, download CCleaner and run Cleaner on that and it will remove temp files and such. If you've never ran one you're likely to clean up several hundred to possibly a few GB of junk files. Then click Tools and System Restore and delete all of the old entries.

Last edited:
Well the largest files on there are going to be the games, so start by removing the ones you don't play anymore. Otherwise, what are you concerned about ... the drive space being used or just the amount of applications installed?

A few other things ... check out http://www.pcdecrapifier.com/ It's an application that has 'definitions' and will automatically remove bloated add-ons that get installed. Also, download CCleaner and run Cleaner on that and it will remove temp files and such. If you've never ran one you're likely to clean up several hundred to possibly a few GB of junk files. Then click Tools and System Restore and delete all of the old entries.

I concur with and support all of this.

Also, if you don't use it, uninstall it.

go ahead and uninstall Office, SQL Server, Intel PRO Network Connections, and iTunes.
that should be good.
/sarcasm

seriously, why do you have to ask? like somebody here is psychic and knows exactly what you need and/or use all the time?

seriously, why do you have to ask? like somebody here is psychic and knows exactly what you need and/or use all the time?
Took the words right out of my mouth, errr reply box. How in the hell would anyone else know what you need or don't need? Since only YOU know this, go through and remove what you don't need, or duplicate versions of the same software.

I don't suggest uninstalling SQL unless you know your not using an application that depends on it.

I would just format the hard drive and start over.

This. And next time, consider whether you actually NEED some of that crapware before just downloading/installing everything. Looks like you went with the default options on a lot of installers...individually they usually aren't space hogs, but they add up and clutter your PAF menu.

i would ditch the google toolbar for starters.as others have said. only you know what you need to delete. also conisder adding another hard drive if you insist on keeping stuff.

The title says it all. I just don't know which ones to keep, and which ones to delete

http://i862.photobucket.com/albums/ab182/jtvd78/programslist.jpg?t=1269218300

*head explodes* You seriously have all those installed? Do you even use half of them?

Reformat. Erase the entire drive. Or get a new drive (1 TB HDD's can be had now-a-days for around $100). Either way, start over from scratch. Install the ones you use most and then install anything else as you need it.

wtf is this thread still going?

nobody can answer the question. Well, unless you're psychic.

just get a bigger HDD.
QFT - There only acceptable answer here - is don't uninstall shit. Slap on another drive and keep going.

You still need 7 Zip. Open Office, True Crypt, Password Safe, Virtual box, Filezilla/Winscp, defraggler, and putty -it's really not a computer unless you've got putty.

~~correction you can uninstall mcafee and get Free AVG

The funniest part about this thread is still not yet hearing back from the OP on if he got this cleared up or not.

The funniest part about this thread is still not yet hearing back from the OP on if he got this cleared up or not.

The only reason that I didn't respond is because everybody kept saying that they couldn't help. I am surprised that the thread is still ongoing. The problem is cleared up, and I got a whole new computer.

The only reason that I didn't respond is because everybody kept saying that they couldn't help. I am surprised that the thread is still ongoing. The problem is cleared up, and I got a whole new computer.
I thought my advice was pretty good.

Back