I have to choose between 2 systems

vict0r

[H]ard|Gawd
if you look at both, you'll notice that I am not getting a videocard, i will be using my 9600gt for now..and will upgrade later..and also that System 1 includes a monitor and System 2 doesn't...

System 1 from newegg.com , since i live on an island, i will receive it in like a week since i live in the caribbean..

Intel C2D E8400
Asus P5Q Pro Mobo
G.Skill 4Gig 2x2GB DDR2 1066 Memory
Xigmatek Rifle CPU Cooler 120MM + S775 Retention Bracket
WD Caviar SE16 6400AAKS 640GB
Samsung 22x DVD-R DVD Burner with LightScribe
Floppy drive (lol i know, i do want it though)
Antec EA650W PSU
Antec 300 Case
LG L227WTG-PF 22inch monitor (hopefully a good choice)

System 2 from local store, I can go and pick it up right now if I want (what i have here is what they have..so its not like "get a different mobo" ..this is what I can get at the local store if I buy locally)

Intel C2D E8600
Asus P5Q SE
Kingston 4Gig 2x2GB DDR2 800 Memory
Zalman 7700 S775 Cooler
WD 500 Gig Hdd, the 5000AAKS
LG 22x DVD RW
Thermaltake 550w PSU
Cheapo Case

I kind of already know the answer..but what do you think?
buying locally will save me like $200, but there will be no monitor as you can see..so what shall I do? Go with newegg.com and wait 1 week or so..or just grab whats local?

thanks

How it saves you $200 w/o a monitor when the other has one is beyond me. Adding the monitor will make them on par.. Of course it all depends on whether you are impatient or not. Simple, can't have us answer that for you.

^- You fail immensely, that's like the 3rd or 4th fail I've seen since yesterday night.

BUILD 1 with superior components incl. monitor is from NEWEGG. Build 2 is LOCAL. I'm starting to develop a theory that sleep depravity of over 30 hours > just getting out of bed.

Newegg hands down for the following reason:
- Better quality power supply
- Faster hard drive,
- Overclocking capable motherboard
- 3rd party HSF for overclocking
- Possibility of a 4Ghz+ OC with the DDR2 1066 RAM

So wait the week.

Based on the fact that after a monitor, they will be around the same price, I would say just buy locally. You get faster ram, a bigger hd, a better psu, and a nicer case (the 300 is awesome). The LG is a pretty nice monitor. The cpu difference can be made up with ocing.

The system you're talking about is the Newegg one. The crappy one is the local.

Alright.. thank you guys..

I will make the purchase later on today...

if you look at the components..the only good thing locally is the E8600 over the E8400..so yes..i will order the newegg one and wait a week..thanks !!

I don't think you have a local Best Buy where you are located. But, you still can order online the LG L227WTG-PF monitor from Best Buy online for $260. This is the sale price in-store for this week. $20 cheaper than the one on NewEgg. It is a good monitor. Note, it is a glossy screen if you are aware of that. But, as far as gaming monitor? Awesome. Minimal backlight bleed that you hardly notice. Vibrant colors. Plus it looks compact and small. The side bezel is thin.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...cat143700050048&type=product&id=1201913867539

Newegg hands down for the following reason:
- Better quality power supply
- Faster hard drive,
- Overclocking capable motherboard
- 3rd party HSF for overclocking
- Possibility of a 4Ghz+ OC with the DDR2 1066 RAM

So wait the week.

The system you're talking about is the Newegg one. The crappy one is the local.

Yah... my bad.

Back