I have read the R700 aka 4870XTX will be faster than...

Zorachus

[H]F Junkie
I have read that the new 4870XTX aka R700 due out in May/June or so will be as faster than two 3870XTx2 in Crossfire mode, so what ever the benchmarks show of the new 3870X2 later this month, put two of those card's in Crossfire, and they will be slower than a single R700, I can't reveal my sources :cool:

i'm so frigging fast, using my doodie as thermal paste allows me to overclock netburst cpu's to 8 gig without cascade cooling.

My Dingo knows a Canadian Fox who knows an ATI engineer and they said to expect the R700 aka 4870XTX in late Spring, and it will beat benchmarks of 2-3870X2's, so if the 3870X2 in Crossfire gets 40fps in Cysis maxed out, a single 4870XTX will get 80fps.

Save this thread and watch that this will come to be the truth

My Dingo knows a Canadian Fox who knows an ATI engineer and they said to expect the R700 aka 4870XTX in late Spring, and it will beat benchmarks of 2-3870X2's, so if the 3870X2 in Crossfire gets 40fps in Cysis maxed out, a single 4870XTX will get 80fps.

So you're saying the card is 4 times faster? Ridiculous.

Not to mention that would be shooting the industry in the foot.

So you're saying the card is 4 times faster? Ridiculous.

Not to mention that would be shooting the industry in the foot.

Yes 4 times faster than a single 3870XT will be easy, rumors or not I bet big money for sure a single R700 will indeed be that fast, and thats not saying much if the R700 needs to compete with a true 9800Ultra which is said to be same benchmarks as 2-8800Ultra's

Right now 2-3870XT's in Crossfire are just a little faster than a single 8800Ultra, so lets say 4-3870XT's are as fast as 2-8800Ultra's in SLI ??

Right now 2-3870XT's in Crossfire are just a little faster than a single 8800Ultra, so lets say 4-3870XT's are as fast as 2-8800Ultra's in SLI ??

Depends on the game, sometimes theyre a little faster, other times theyre a lot faster, and other times theyre slower. For this to be a winner for ati theyve got some serious optomising to do for games so people get the best performance possible. Id expect a slight performance bump if the cores are communicating across some sort of internal bridge instead of across the pci-e bus.

edit

For some reason i thought this thread was about the 3870x2. :confused:

or Atlantic City, or a couple hundred different Indian reservations.

I hope R700 is this spring. I held off to upgrade. We need a big jump in performance.

I doubt the 700 is anytime soon, if the x2 ends up coming out this month it will hardly have any mileage if the r700 comes out a few months later. Then again the x1800 got superceded pretty quick as well.

i doubt the r680 and the dual g92 wouild be coming out if the next gen chips were so close.

I could see the r700 in sept/october but now this soon as it would make the r680 redudant

Who knows, but I don't think the 3870X2 and 9800GX2 preclude a new architecture's release 6 months from now. 5-6 months on top is pretty good for these niche high end refreshes.

I doubt the 700 is anytime soon, if the x2 ends up coming out this month it will hardly have any mileage if the r700 comes out a few months later. Then again the x1800 got superceded pretty quick as well.

Well for years VideoCards were released like clockwork every 6 months, so once a year the brand new generation would come out, then the little refresh 6 months later. So if the 3870x2 comes out end of January that puts the 4870XtX around July or so, and that is also when the true 9800Ultra single card king is due like August/September time .

So I will bet big money the R700aka 4870XtX will be here no earlier than May and no later than July. Anyways the 3870x2 is NOT brand new architecture, it is based of the 3800 series from November, so 6 months from then puts us May/June

I doubt their next gen will be named 4870XTX.

yeah, I give AI props for coming up with a naming scheme that any consumer can actually understand (so long as they don't start getting into numbers they shouldn't like memory size and core sped). If they release a card under the new nomenclature w/ the old XTX/XT/XL/XFX XXX XTX XOXO style, ill take my props back.

yeah, I give AI props for coming up with a naming scheme that any consumer can actually understand (so long as they don't start getting into numbers they shouldn't like memory size and core sped). If they release a card under the new nomenclature w/ the old XTX/XT/XL/XFX XXX XTX XOXO style, ill take my props back.

Love and hug cards!

If it's that fast ATi would be bragging like bastards. They already know Nvidia has something to counter them and they need the PR.

Isn't Dingo a wild dog?

Subscribed for the fireworks :p

I have read that the new 4870XTX aka R700 due out in May/June or so will be as faster than 3870XTx2 in Crossfire, so what ever the benchmarks show of the new 3870X2 later this month, but two of those card in Crossfire will be much slower than a single R700, I can't reveal my sources :cool:

Yes, and I just read that the new AMD quad core CPUs coming out in the next couple of months will DOUBLE Intel quad-core performance. I'm sorry, but I can't reveal my souces for that either.

Oh wait, I just wrote it on the cocktail napkin sitting next to me...

Isn't Dingo a wild dog?

Subscribed for the fireworks :p

I adopted a wild American Dingo, they still roam wild in the southeast of North America, came here with the Indians 20,000 years ago, they are the second dog next to the Wolf, both untouched DNA and not bred

Anyways I think that would be a cool VC name the "Dingo-4000"...really though the 3870x2 will be cool, something a bit faster than a single 8800Ultra but for $100-150 less ?? But I really do believe the R700 will be the speed of 2-8800Ultra's, well it has too, because nVidia said themselves their true next high end part will be the speed of 2-8800GTX's

Fucking Dingos ate my baby, you can't trust 'em.

Or Canadians either...that whole polite thing is a cunning ploy.

That said, I do believe an R700 CAN be 4x faster than a single 3870...but how many R700 cores on the board it takes to do that is the question.

Fucking Dingos ate my baby, you can't trust 'em.

Or Canadians either...that whole polite thing is a cunning ploy.

That said, I do believe an R700 CAN be 4x faster than a single 3870...but how many R700 cores on the board it takes to do that is the question.

That is the 64Million dollar question, I think a single R700 will be same as 4-3870XT's, which is not that fast anyways for a next generation 2008 VideoCard.

Now if they have what I have read about a single PCB with possibly 4GPU's on one card :eek: Now we have some serious horse power

Anyways I think that would be a cool VC name the "Dingo-4000"...really though the 3870x2 will be cool, something a bit faster than a single 8800Ultra but for $100-150 less ?? But I really do believe the R700 will be the speed of 2-8800Ultra's, well it has too, because nVidia said themselves their true next high end part will be the speed of 2-8800GTX's
What does one manufacturer's claims have to do with another manufacturer's future product releases? The R600 didn't turn out to be a world-beater despite the fact that a competitor's product was released half a year earlier with much better performance, right?

I expect R700 to be a high performance part, maybe even the best performer at time of release, but four times the performance of ATI's soon-to-be fastest cards? I doubt it...

I heard from a work colleague friend's wife, that knew an Intel employee, that Intel was able to hide their new GPU nicely from everyone and will release it in March, to spoil any new launch from ATI and NVIDIA. This is supposed to be the fastest GPU ever and no matter what you throw at it, at max in-game settings, AA, AF and up to 1920x1200, it will provide smooth 60 fps.
According to this person, code name of the chip is SAGP1, short for "Super Awesome Graphics Power 1". Retail price should be no more than $500.

That is the 64Million dollar question, I think a single R700 will be same as 4-3870XT's, which is not that fast anyways for a next generation 2008 VideoCard.

Now if they have what I have read about a single PCB with possibly 4GPU's on one card :eek: Now we have some serious horse power

Intel's SAGP1 is faster than that.

I heard from a work colleague friend's wife, that knew an Intel employee, that Intel was able to hide their new GPU nicely from everyone and will release it in March, to spoil any new launch from ATI and NVIDIA. This is supposed to be the fastest GPU ever and no matter what you throw at it, at max in-game settings, AA, AF and up to 1920x1200, it will provide smooth 60 fps.
According to this person, code name of the chip is SAGP1, short for "Super Awesome Graphics Power 1". Retail price should be no more than $500.

It doesn't do 2560x1600 which is the most common gaming resolution so I guess it's not that super awesome. Overrated imo.

It doesn't do 2560x1600 which is the most common gaming resolution so I guess it's not that super awesome. Overrated imo.

Of course it does, but it just doesn't keep the constant 60 fps. According to the Intel guy, it dips into 40-50 fps, when at 2560x1600.

I expect R700 to be a high performance part, maybe even the best performer at time of release, but four times the performance of ATI's soon-to-be fastest cards? I doubt it...

No I said the 4870XtX will 4 times faster than the 3 month old , current 3870XT's, which is really nothing new, it is based off the old 2900 series.

Funny thing, that will really be true in Spring '09

No I said the 4870XtX will 4 times faster than the 3 month old , current 3870XT's, which is really nothing new, it is based off the old 2900 series.
Oh, I misread your post, then I guess that's very plausible and hope that's the case.

Back