I have read the R700 aka 4870XTX will be faster than...

nvidia said that 9800gx2 will be %30 faster than ultra so he can guess i think if he knows the performance of r700

nvidia said that 9800gx2 will be %30 faster than ultra so he can guess i think if he knows the performance of r700

Dude, he said 9800GTX, not GX2.

And NVIDIA said nothing about the GX2, Kyle did. NVIDIA hasn't even acknowledged the card's existence.

Hmm... who knows.

but, as far as I know, you have no credit. If you can link me to an artical where you said "the R600 wont be so great" back in the R580 days, or where you said "the R580 will big a significant improvement over the R520 only in shader power", or any past predictions. Give me some rep to go on man! But I do hope your right.
Did you intend to link to my post, because I have not made any claims in this thread. Maybe you were referring to the OP? :confused:

Dude, he said 9800GTX, not GX2.

And NVIDIA said nothing about the GX2, Kyle did. NVIDIA hasn't even acknowledged the card's existence.

Well according to what I have read the 9800GTX will be slower than the GX2, the 9800GX2 will be 30-50% faster than a 8800Ultra but ONLY that much faster in games that work in SLI perfect, and a 9800GTX is just a reworked 8800GTX built on new process to run cooler and better memory, which is sad really, why even name it the 9800GTX if it is just slightly faster, just seems wrong to me, should be called the 8900GTX really

..., and a 9800GTX is just a reworked 8800GTX built on new process to run cooler and better memory, which is sad really, why even name it the 9800GTX if it is just slightly faster, just seems wrong to me, should be called the 8900GTX really

Cuz if there is not a new moniker, then all the time the marketing dept. spent on a new ad campaign would be lost.

and my pet chupacabra can eat your dingo :p

Well according to what I have read the 9800GTX will be slower than the GX2, the 9800GX2 will be 30-50% faster than a 8800Ultra but ONLY that much faster in games that work in SLI perfect, and a 9800GTX is just a reworked 8800GTX built on new process to run cooler and better memory, which is sad really, why even name it the 9800GTX if it is just slightly faster, just seems wrong to me, should be called the 8900GTX really

Do you really think NVIDIA would make the mistake of having a card that is "sometimes" faster than the GTX, but sometimes slower when SLI doesn't scale so well because the game is not multi-gpu friendly? That would entirely mess up the line-up, as it is then not definitively *better*.

You have to be kidding me.

This thread reads like a cheerleader's blog

No sources/benchmarks = fail
Fanboys talking out of their butts

Did you intend to link to my post, because I have not made any claims in this thread. Maybe you were referring to the OP? :confused:

sorry that was a little convoluted. The first statement referred to you. The 2nd half is directed at the OP.

No, it's more like someone doesn't get enough attention at home so they try and get it on the Internet.

or it could genuinely be someone with some inside information that cannot reveal his sources.

only time will tell. But one thing is for sure, once the R700 is said and done, this guy will either have a little bit of credibility, or he wont have any.

G92-chip "9800" GTX or 8900GTX will be slower than Gx2 nothing odd about that since both is just a G92-card, but G100-chip 9800GTX/Ultra is another story.
"9800"Gx2 will be just another shortlived 7950Gx2 sine Nvidia will put out their next card about the same time as RV770 is ready for launch sometine before end of Q2 2008.

or it could genuinely be someone with some inside information that cannot reveal his sources.

only time will tell. But one thing is for sure, once the R700 is said and done, this guy will either have a little bit of credibility, or he wont have any.

So he is either right or he isn't? woah didn't know that

It's way more likely that his claims are based on fiction, and even if his source is the master engineer at AMD, I wouldn't take it as anything more than either theoretical performance or an employee flogging his company's products.

It would be like saying SLI is twice as fast. I'll settle for real world benchmarks when they start to pop out.

Back