I have lost the will to play.....

wesquaz

Weaksauce
somebody help me please! i havent played bf2 in 5 days! or any game for that matter! whenever i think about playing i am like "meh"!

:( what is wrong with me? :(

I've been like that for years now. Nothing has come out thats really sparked my interest in the gaming world anymore. Im always like "meh" I got HL2 and havent played it since i reinstalled windows.

Calm down, it happens every few years. Just quit all gaming for a couple of months or more, then come back to it and all will be good again.

Not playing BF2 is for the best. You'll just want to break random things around your house after the 37th time you get booted due to DICE's shitty net-code.

Badger_sly said:
Calm down, it happens every few years. Just quit all gaming for a couple of months or more, then come back to it and all will be good again.

QFT

Take a break, go outside and enjoy summer. Come back in the fall and find a new vigor to game. Time off always helps me, remember its supposed to be fun ;)

iNViSiGOD said:
I've been like that for years now. Nothing has come out thats really sparked my interest in the gaming world anymore. Im always like "meh" I got HL2 and havent played it since i reinstalled windows.
me too, i've been like that for a few years now.

iNViSiGOD said:

Why are you on this forum?

yea im like that, after i reformat my pc i cudnt b bothered 2 play hl2 again and far cry, both games i am yet 2 complete for fooksakes!!!

cant b asked with these long story based games, i prefer games u pick up and play like sports games

Badger_sly said:

QFT.. maybe its just there are no really amazing games out, ever think of that one? lol, yea there are lots of fun ones but there is nothing that I can't live without playing.. I have a feeling this too will change once the new consoles come out :)

Hahah im the same way. I have lost to will to play. I reformatted a week ago and I dont feel like playing any games. But its been like this on and off since I stopped playing Rainbow Six 3 on Xbox Live a long long time ago. Good I loved that game. But im reading the new Harry Potter right now so everything is cool. And they im going mountain climbing for 3 weeks. Maybee then I Will feel like playing again.

maybe its just there are no really amazing games out, ever think of that one? lol, yea there are lots of fun ones but there is nothing that I can't live without playing..

I so freaking agree with this. Sure B2 is fun and so is CS:S and a bunch of other games but its not like I and going to have a mental breakdown if I go without playing them for a couple days. To be honest no game has really held me to the screen with joy for over a year now. Sorry Half Life 2, Sorry Doom 3, Sorry Far Cry, and Im especially sorry Halo 2 as I had wished the best. WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY :(

wesquaz said:
somebody help me please! i havent played bf2 in 5 days! or any game for that matter! whenever i think about playing i am like "meh"!

It's called burnout. Just find something else to do on your PC 'til the urge comes back (Maybe some 3D Modeling? :) )

I usually game in spurts with the acceptions of a few timeless games such as Bomberman 5 and Age of Empires 2.

dissonance said:

Got a problem with that? I dont understand some people. Harry Potter is not a Childrens book and has been said many time by the author herself. For the record I think the series is spectacular and if you want to make fun of me for that then all I can say is grow up or STFU.

So unless you are going to reply with more then a :confused: then..............

Sly said:
It's called burnout. Just find something else to do on your PC 'til the urge comes back (Maybe some 3D Modeling? :) )

I have been thinking of audio editing and recording (put my sb audigy 2zs platinum to good use) :cool:

I haven't read a Harry Potter book since the 4th one and I found the new one at a friend's house so I read the last 25 pages. It was a good read, a real page turner.

play some daikatana. after that, all the other games will be a breath of fresh air.

Hahaha. I'm seventeen and I'm already this way. The only game as of late that has really sparked my interest is Resident Evil 4.

I've been kinda shying away from games recently. I sold my gaming rig (converted to Mac and XBOX), got a job at Blockbuster and totally lost interest in gaming. I even reconsidered getting my $50 back from the XBOX 360 reservation! I finally bought some games from work and I've been playing a little here and there to get my fix. Now I'm more excited than ever to get my hands on the next gen goodness!!!!

I agree with whoever that said to get outside and enjoy the summertime, especially before school starts back up BOO!!!! Game just like you hibernate.

Same for me. I played frag.ops online for a year, and now the game is dead, and nothing seems as fun anymore. I was really spoiled by that game :(

BF2, CSS, TO, no other online FPS manages to be half as great.

jonneymendoza said:
yea im like that, after i reformat my pc i cudnt b bothered 2 play hl2 again and far cry, both games i am yet 2 complete for fooksakes!!!

cant b asked with these long story based games, i prefer games u pick up and play like sports games

We can tell it's not because you're growiong up. :rolleyes: Damn, I'm no grammar whore but "u" and "b" are really not that long in real english!

lol. i'm the same way man. Its not my fault i'm not playing. its these shitty games. I'll wait till the fall. Wait for the best game ever to come out. ut2007

You need to pick up a console and some games that are actually fun. That's what I did and now I game about 10 times more on my PS2 than my PC. PC has loads of "cool" FPS, RTS, sim type of games, but when you actually play them, they tend to bore you to death... :p

I'll tell you whats wrong with ya, You haven't tried World of Warcraft.

Play that for 1 hour and you'll be hooked.

Guaranteed.

Personally, my play time dropped off when Star Wars Galaxies did the combat upgrade, and ruined it for me. I've been playing Warcraft Three: The Frozen Throne online in my depression. Unfortunately, its a game still packed with childish retards even after almost over three years since its release.

Michael.R said:
Hahah im the same way. I have lost to will to play. I reformatted a week ago and I dont feel like playing any games. But its been like this on and off since I stopped playing Rainbow Six 3 on Xbox Live a long long time ago. Good I loved that game. But im reading the new Harry Potter right now so everything is cool. And they im going mountain climbing for 3 weeks. Maybee then I Will feel like playing again.

I so freaking agree with this. Sure B2 is fun and so is CS:S and a bunch of other games but its not like I and going to have a mental breakdown if I go without playing them for a couple days. To be honest no game has really held me to the screen with joy for over a year now. Sorry Half Life 2, Sorry Doom 3, Sorry Far Cry, and Im especially sorry Halo 2 as I had wished the best. WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY :(

harry potter? OMG YOUR LAME

wesquaz said:

Did you recently find a girlfriend? That's what happened to me.

jonneymendoza said:
harry potter? OMG YOUR LAME

What a prick. Its a book. Some people are such pricks. Calling someone lame because they read a book is just ignorant. You are the downfall of our society.

Got a problem with that? I dont understand some people. Harry Potter is not a Childrens book and has been said many time by the author herself. For the record I think the series is spectacular and if you want to make fun of me for that then all I can say is grow up or STFU.

So unless you are going to reply with more then a :confused: then..............

While you are calling me lame why do you go the the entertainment section of the forum and check out the thread with all the other people that read the book and call them lame to.

It's been almost 2 weeks since I've played Bf2 because it pissed me off so bad. I may give it a shot with v1.02 but I'm not holding my breath.

I played HL2... then WoW. Now I'm ditching off WoW to make more time for having a real life... and nothing since has interested me.

Back