I have finally arrived - free of cable internet shackles

tybert7

2[H]4U
I had to post this somewhere, just got back home after a fiber internet installation from at&t.

oWzGV7D.jpg

And... we're done folks. And not just the bandwidth, down and up... look at that ping, that glorious ping. I feel so complete now.

Upload higher than download. Son of a bitch. You don't see that shit everyday.

How much a month is that ?

Hmmm. I swore I would never have internet from ATT again, but that was before they ran fiber through my backyard.

Spectrum is pissing me off though so I might just have to bite the bullet.

Ya...AT&T though.

I'm not saying never, because those are some nice numbers, but I'd have to be strongly convinced.

God I hate AT&T.

Hmmm. I swore I would never have internet from ATT again, but that was before they ran fiber through my backyard.

Spectrum is pissing me off though so I might just have to bite the bullet.

I'm in the Los Angeles area in one of the adjacent cities and we used to have time warner cable before charter bought them.

Time Warner Cable was charging 65 dollars for a max speed of 300mbps down. When charter came in, that same speed jumped to 100 dollars. 70 dollars for 200mbps. On principle alone it was enough to spite them for standing in place and raising the price.

If at&t ever brings caps I'll drop them, but I don't think they will on the 1gbps fiber plans, that makes zero sense in an area where there are two high speed broadband players where one has no caps on cable.

Ya...AT&T though.

I'm not saying never, because those are some nice numbers, but I'd have to be strongly convinced.

God I hate AT&T.

I wish a local municipality ran the fiber instead, or some smaller isp, but as long as it's this good I'm not complaining.

Give me 100/100 with fiber and low latency for 30 to 40$ and I would be happy. Don't need gigabit but I hate the shit charter is doing after the twc merger

Lol. You guys crack me up. I pay $30 a month for 3Mpbs down / 1Mbps up (really 2.7 down on a good day by about .4 to .7 up) for Frontier DSL. The prettier the nature the worse the internet...

So jealous at these speeds. It sicks to see my phone LTE being faster than my wifi

Any way to optimize to get better results? I've had AT&T Fiber for a week now, but the best speedtest results I've seen were 500 down and 944 up. On the AT&T test server I get ~300Mbps down and ~944Mbps up. I'm using an older computer, but it has a gigabit LAN connection built in. I thought about using a CAT6 cable, but would that help as the upload shows what I was hoping for for downloads. I'm a bit confused. Should I call support?

That ping and bandwidth would be awesome for me. I could imagine a 20-30ms ping through my vpn tunnel and that bandwidth--it would feel like being local on the remote lan. :happy:

Back