I have doom 3 but need expansion...steam?

zombix

[H]ard|Gawd
I have doom 3 from way back when it was released and never got to finish it all the way through, so im going to install it and play.

I do want the expansion and it seems the only way to get it is through steam. So can i install doom 3 and just play the expansion through steam? Or do i need to buy both doom 3 and the expansion?

Edit-can i install doom 3 and the expansion from steam as many times as i want? Or is it like the bioshock bull ish?

i think the expansion is about 15$ at most stores. i bought it when it released and it was around 24$ then. it's pretty good too!

not sure how doom works on steam, re:copy protection. i've got steam games installed on both partitions (vista/xp) and haven't had any problems with them. (trackmania: united, GTA bundle, orange box)

the only circuit city around me is really f'in far so i guess im gonna get them on steam... How many times can i download them from steam?

Take the number 8 and turn it on it's side.
:p

And again dude, you can buy it from Half.com for less than $10 shipped. Your going to pay $20 on Steam...

Actually you can only download a steam game once to your account. The rest of the time if your try to purchase a game on steam you already bought before on steam, you can only send it as a gift to another person.

Just so you know.;)

yea doom 3 is an awesome game..even though alot of years have passed since release, I still find myself coming back to it to play it. And I actually really got into the multiplayer for a while but damn they're are some really skilled people at this game..seriously.

Actually you can only download a steam game once to your account. The rest of the time if your try to purchase a game on steam you already bought before on steam, you can only send it as a gift to another person.

Just so you know.;)

Eh you don't "Download" games to your account in the first place. Valve simply gives you access to the contents of the game then you "Download" them to your computer.

Just so you know.;)

No idea what your talking about. Do you even use Steam?
I own about 20 games on Steam and have redownloaded them countless times.

Just so you know. ;)

Are we getting "download" and "install" confused here?

When I say download I mean purchase.

Install means to look at the "my games" list on Steam and see what you have Installed and what is Not Installed. Which you can do 8 turned to the side. :rolleyes:

Are we getting "download" and "install" confused here?

Not we, you.
Downloading and Installing are basically the same thing on Steam.
If you own the game on your account, you can download/install it as many times as you need. Now, of course you can't "transfer" or "install" the game on another account unless you purchase it again.

So yeah, please say "purchase" instead of "download". Since "downloading" a game is to pull it down from the server to your hard drive. :p

yeah i mean if i purchase it from steam i want to be able to download it as many times as i want on the SAME account just incase i have to reformat.

thanks

yeah i mean if i purchase it from steam i want to be able to download it as many times as i want on the SAME account just incase i have to reformat.

thanks

Right. And remember, you can't use the Expansion on Steam with your CD copy of Doom 3.

Back