I have a working RDX200!

Aaron_ATX

[H]ard|Gawd
My original RDX200 was a total dud with a multitude of problems. RMA'd it and the replacement seems to be operating with little to no problems. Came with the original bios, which was causing a periodic hang at post or before windows came up. Updated to the most recent beta bios and that seems to have mostly fixed the problem.

Havent really tried to stretch the OC out much yet but the tinkering I have done so far looks good.

So working RDX boards DO exist :) Now if I could only find an x1800xl master card....

RDX200 is DFI's motherboard built around ATI's Crossfire chipset. It's supposed to be even more performance-oriented than the nF4 boards, with 1T support with all four DIMMs populated, and RAM voltages over 4V, among numerous other features.

oh come on, stop fooling around. nobody has a working rdx200, or would even want one.
btw, how's that crossfire working out for you?

I've also heard that the DFI Expert version of the NF4 SLI runs 4 dimms @1T if that's important to you.

I've heard it shoots laser beams and will reduce your liklihood of cancer by up to 23%. Also, it cooks waffles and reads you the paper.

Swishbish33 said:
I've heard it shoots laser beams and will reduce your liklihood of cancer by up to 23%. Also, it cooks waffles and reads you the paper.

true story.

Swishbish33 said:

:cool:

Swishbish33 said:
whatever dude ..get your facts straight sheesh .. the thing only reduces likelyhood of cancer by 19% and can only read you papers that are in Tiawaneese

[H]

ThreeDee said:
whatever dude ..get your facts straight sheesh .. the thing only reduces likelyhood of cancer by 19% and can only read you papers that are in Tiawaneese

[H]

he's a noob :rolleyes:

kirbyrj said:
I've also heard that the DFI Expert version of the NF4 SLI runs 4 dimms @1T if that's important to you.

I wan't a magical motherboard that is able to force the CPU into doing thing's its not physically capable of doing!

robberbaron said:
I wan't a magical motherboard that is able to force the CPU into doing thing's its not physically capable of doing!

I'll sell you one on the cheap.

robberbaron said:

Here...I'll just quote what I saw and you can take it up with him :).

Captin Insano said:
Go with the Expert. here some plenty good reasons

New and improver power regualtion and circitry. NO more Vdimm and Vcore fluxuations and or sag. Previous versions had these issues. possibly caused some Memory and CPU failure.

Will run 4 x 512 mem Oced @ 1T. Previous versions could run 2T and only stock settings.

New improved memory performance capable to run tighter timings with potential with TCCD @ 1.5 CAS. vs old max being 2.0 CAS

Also able to reach much higher FSB then previous.

Wider gap between the Vid card slots for SLI.

Better cooling and quieter.

Expert is now jumperless. No more need for SLI jumpers or Mem Vdimm Jumpers Ect

More power supply capabillity ( no longer a seasonic incompatibillity with board)

Has potential to fight cold bug with improved drive strength feature..

As advertized BY SFI and guarenteed. With over clock even higher the previous versions of DFI 939 boards as well as faster @ stock settings. Also loaded with Tons of Options as well. I belive it uses the new 8 layer design as well to for better power reguation and delivery.

All around the Expert is a Much better board
Even if you dont want SLI NOW it gives it to you to upgrade to later but doesnt have to be used now.If you really want to get the most on your OC then Expert is really the best way to go.

Thats what I would do.

Captin Insano said:
Check out the threads on Xtreme Systems By Onepage book and Tony (AKA Bigtoe).They are good freinds with Oskar from DFI. They have these boards and have reviewed them with 4 x 512 @ 1t settings. Mem controler has a lil to do with it. BUT with the correct tools DFI able to fix problem via board improvement as well as helping to fight cold bug!!!

That's what I heard about it, so I guess you can check XS :confused: .

Swishbish33 said:

PolarbearBigEd said:

This is outrageous. We must do something about this fallacy!

I'm wondering how crossfire is working out for you?

Is it like ati says it to be???? :D

My RDX200 is now experiencing problems where both network controllers seem to be losing connection to my router at random times.

On one, the connection flickers on and off. It's so annoying because windows keeps saying a network cable has been disconnected.

The other controller just loses connection altogether and I have to re-enable the connection after the computer has sat awhile.

Can't wait for alternative boards become available and I can get rid of this thing.

That's quite weird. My DFI NFII Ultra Socket A motherboard does that at times too. The interenet just stops working and I freeze in quake 3(yes I know it's old but it's still damn fun) and I have to disable one of the jacks and plug in my ethernet cable into another jack. Windows, too, says that a "network cable is unplugged". I had to replace my first DFI and this one has given me quite a few problems. Weird....

Ristogod said:
My RDX200 is now experiencing problems where both network controllers seem to be losing connection to my router at random times.

On one, the connection flickers on and off. It's so annoying because windows keeps saying a network cable has been disconnected.

The other controller just loses connection altogether and I have to re-enable the connection after the computer has sat awhile.

Can't wait for alternative boards become available and I can get rid of this thing.

Must be a DFI thing. My board does the same thing, as do many others'. It's a common problem on the DFI boards.

I got 2 DFI SLI-DR boards....I don't have that problem with EITHER nic...So i don't think it's a DFI thing...Maybe a network cable or port problem...possibly could be ati's craptacular chips ;)

I don't think an SLI-DR(above post by someone else w/this mobo) or NFII Ultra mobo(my post) is crappy ATI chips. I believe they are Nvidia FYI.

computergeek22 said:
I don't think an SLI-DR(above post by someone else w/this mobo) or NFII Ultra mobo(my post) is crappy ATI chips. I believe they are Nvidia FYI.

Did you not read my whole post?

I listed 3 differnt things that could cause those problems...

el rolio said:
this thread is relaly funny. thanks for that guys

Np...i'm glad you enjoyed this..

We will all have another show coming the 12th of december at 7 o clock PM cst time...Plz come and enjoy the fun :D

Out of curiosity, I tried mine again last night after reading this thread. Now both work again. Odd.....

I think it's time for the video card section mods to migrate here, as it seems the Nvidia !!!!!!s have moved in.

ivzk said:
I think it's time for the video card section mods to migrate here, as it seems the Nvidia !!!!!!s have moved in.

Are you mad???

Does your ati mobo make you mad?

I think you need to stop putting blame on nVidia fan's...if you don't like what people have to say...don't read it...very plain and simple. ;)

ivzk said:
I don't have an ATI motherboard. Try again.
Well does your motherboard shoot lasers? I don't think so! This is a cut and dry case of laser envy... and you probably hate waffles too.

Astral Abyss said:
Well does your motherboard shoot lasers? I don't think so! This is a cut and dry case of laser envy... and you probably hate waffles too.

Unfortunately for me, my last upgrade cycle I purchased a socket 754 motherboard. As many will tell you , lasers were not available on my board (Epox 8kda3+) at the time i made the purchase. So yes, I am kinda pissed that the laser equipped solution had eluded me to this day.

Any ways, I'm holding out till they pair up the lasers with another interesting feature as a bundle. Coffee maker gets my vote.

kirbyrj said:
Here...I'll just quote what I saw and you can take it up with him :).

That's what I heard about it, so I guess you can check XS :confused: .

The memory controller is built in to the AMD64 archetecture. Any changes / compatibility increases have to start there. The mobo can make it worse, but can't make it support something that the chip doesn't support.

This is why I have a Intel chipset motherboard.

My board has lasers with frikin sharks on thier heads.

And it makes coffee flavored waffles too.

==>Lazn

Back