i have a question about 2 cpu

kevinf

Limp Gawd
i am thinking about getting the opteron 175, but i have also looked at the FX-55. should i get the FX-55 even though it is not dual core

It really depends on what you are doing with your computer. Personally I would grab the Dual core. But in some cases clock speed will come out ahead.

are there any benchmark tests on these 2 processors so i can easily compare

Well looking at your current system specs, if you're only upgrading the CPU you're in for major bottblenecks left and right, first of all your value RAM, it'll be a true pain to try to overclock with that, second, your gfx card is very old, you'll get very low framerates not matter what. Third your CD ROM speeds are low, 16x??? wow... JK, but yeah don't waste money on that unless you're building a whole new system

i am going to be upgrading the processor, and save some more money and upgrade the video card when dx10 comes out.

BTW, i am not overclocking

kevinf said:
i am going to be upgrading the processor, and save some more money and upgrade the video card when dx10 comes out.

BTW, i am not overclocking
Probably the FX then

but i also mutiltask a lot so i don't know whether or not a dual core processor will be a better deal or not

kevinf said:
but i also mutiltask a lot so i don't know whether or not a dual core processor will be a better deal or not
Depends on what kind of multitasking, if you're thinking the open one Firefox window and notepad in the other, you won't need this, it really only comes in handy when you like to virus scan during gaming or encode and the like a lot

Back