I have a couple of old PC's, parts, where can I buy slightly outdated parts from?

riptid3

Limp Gawd
I have a nice Gigabyte MB for Slot A's. Never used new in box. But I can't find too many Athlon XP's or Bartons on New Egg or Tigerdirect. Where can I buy new stuff like that? Some old PC2700 ram, a slightly older vid card, etc, etc.

Also I have a P3 550, w/ 256 100mhz ram, 2 Cd burners, PNY Geforce 400 128 meg, 2 SCSI HD's (1 2 gig, 1 8), Sound Blaster Live, it's a nice PC, runs the net really quick, and mp3's. I hate to sell something like that cause when I built it in 98 I spent like a thousand bucks on it. But what's something like that sell for?

I also have about 5 P3 550's extra, what do they go for.

Socket A (skt462) CPU's are hard to come by themselves, forget about finding a brand new barton (and if you do, you'll probably have to pay a premium for it, lol). Your best bet to find a socket A CPU is eBay, or just get a sempron oem. You could probably get $50 for those P3 systems. For your better P3 system, maybe $100? I just give my old computers to my little cousins... not worth selling them. I also donated a couple to some group that brings old PC's to 3rd world countries. I also donated one to an elementary school, for a teacher to use in class.

enginurd said:
Socket A (skt462) CPU's are hard to come by themselves, forget about finding a brand new barton (and if you do, you'll probably have to pay a premium for it, lol). Your best bet to find a socket A CPU is eBay, or just get a sempron oem. You could probably get $50 for those P3 systems. For your better P3 system, maybe $100? I just give my old computers to my little cousins... not worth selling them. I also donated a couple to some group that brings old PC's to 3rd world countries. I also donated one to an elementary school, for a teacher to use in class.

That sucks. I sold an Athlon XP 2100 for next to nothing not to long ago, wish I would have just kept it. And the ram.

Slot A? XP2100? Those will not mix. Your best bet is used, unless you like paying $65 for 256 of "new" pc2700 from crucial. On eBay a pc2700 256 should be $5-10.

444 said:
Slot A? XP2100? Those will not mix. Your best bet is used, unless you like paying $65 for 256 of "new" pc2700 from crucial. On eBay a pc2700 256 should be $5-10.

Heh, sorry meant socket A

Back