I have $40...

What to get?

• Total voters
..to spend today. I was thinking on getting a Joystick to use with FS2004 that I got a few years ago. I've liked flight sims, I played FS98 when I was little. I was also thinking of getting BF2/2142. Right now I'm leaning towards BF2. Can I have your opinions?

BF2 FTW...Very fun, team based game. MP kinda sucks at first, you'll get somewhat pwned...but just like any game the more you play and get better at it, you'll love it :)

Before I thought knifing an enemy was the most embarrassing thing you could do to your opponent, but then I met the Medic's Shock Paddles.

:D

Not sure why there's so many votes for BF2 when 2142 is the newer version and contains titan mode which is a fun new variation other than straight combat mode. I think the game is great online if you don't get on a laggy server.

Save it for Quake Wars. By the time the full version is out it will have all the kinks and stuff worked out with some suggestions to gameplay added so most likely it'll be pretty good when it comes most likely :).

Not really. Team-based online shooter, similar to the BF games. I only say BF2 killer b/c I enjoyed it more so than BF2.

Did you play BF2? It's like night vs. day other than the team-based shooter comparison. They're just completely different in every respect except for the genre in which they reside.

Did you play BF2? It's like night vs. day other than the team-based shooter comparison. They're just completely different in every respect except for the genre in which they reside.

I own BF2 Deluxe Edition. I play it every so often, but I enjoyed QW more.

I own BF2 Deluxe Edition. I play it every so often, but I enjoyed QW more.

But don't you think they're really different? QW is faster paced and more objective focused where as BF2 is a little slower with a bigger theater of combat. I dunno... I just think they're the difference of black and white. ;)

I'd wait for Quake Wars, it's just a lot more fun in my experience.

Kind of hard to be sure unless you've played them both though. Have you tried the BF2 demo at least?

But don't you think they're really different? QW is faster paced and more objective focused where as BF2 is a little slower with a bigger theater of combat. I dunno... I just think they're the difference of black and white. ;)

Ok ya, you've got me there. But at the very basic level, it's still the same sort of game: squad-based online shooter.

If you're going to save it for a game, save it for Crysis, Bioshock, or Unreal Tournament 3.

BF2, QW and Crysis and all those will be quite fun but they are quite a few months away from release so play some BF2 in the meantime. By the time those games come out I'm sure you'll have some more money ;)

BF2 is a blast and will hold you off well until the fall when all the big FPS games are out. And to top it off you can get all the addons and the original game for about what the rest of us paid for the original title.

But be careful becouse all the players on the battlefield will have tonnes of experiance and will walk all over you for the first little while. I suggest playing against bots till you get the feel of the game.

BF2142. EA is not focusing on the game anymore after they release the last patch w/ Highway Tampa in it. Pretty much they're only focused on 2142 the most but they're doing a crap job at it anyway.

Get both a joystick adn either Battlefield 2 or 2142. Circuit City has sales on both those games from time ti time for $20 Each.. (just got 2142 about 2 weeks ago for $20) you cna pcik up a siatek cyborg graphite for under $20..

I voted 'other' because there are many, many other better games out there.

However, would need to know what you have or like to make a suggestion.

For myself, lately, I just picked up:
- Half-Life 2: Lost Coast ($free for ATI users)
- America's Army 2.8.1 ($free - latest version released in March, and I still prefer to 'Battlefield')
- Half-Life 2 ($19 at Best Buy)
- Deus Ex + Deus Ex: Invisible War ($19 on Steam)

If you've not tried any of the above, that's a good way to spend $40, right there. :p

Otherwise, the recently released "Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific" is a GREAT game, although it won't appeal much to the twitch gamers. And if you like flight sims, "IL2 Sturmovik 1946" is the capstone of an entire series of games - something like 3 full retail games included in one install, along with all the patches that added dozens of new regions and aircraft. Along the lines of 7 years of development and updates on one DVD. Still looks great (there were several engine updates along the way), and it's cheap, to boot.

I've been playing BF2 for a year now almost daily. It's the game everyone should have if you like FPS.

Would recommend you to pick up a copy of Playboy magazine but BF2 might keep you busy for looooonger....

Pick up Xbox360 Wireless Gaming Receiver for use of Xbox360 wireless controller on PC (if you have already purchased an Xbox360) $15.47.

and buy BF2 for $19.99.

1 $40 whore...

or 40 $1 whores :cool:

40 $1 whores is an imagry of nastyness I don't even want to begin to contemplate :D

If you're going to save it for a game, save it for Crysis, Bioshock, or Unreal Tournament 3.

Seriously...ETQW looked to be good a year or so ago, but what I hear from the beta concerning lag and other problems I just can't see it being much of a hit, fixing very basic elements of the engine such as the netcode shouldn't be something being done in the late stages of a public beta.

Save for Crysis :)

If you don't want to wait and would like something to play today, I say get BF 2. Just start saving again so when QW (finally) comes out you can get that, too. ;)

Back