i have 32 and 64 windows versions. which one?

johnnq

[H]ard|Gawd
after 3 months of procrastinating, i'm finally going to rma my hard drive. (by the way, do i lose it entirely if i don't package it exactly the way they want me to?) i've been using 32 bit windows because i like playing old windows 95 and 98 games. see my sig for my system. should i finally upgrade to 64? back when i first got it (bought the 32 and the 64 was included for free!!!), 64 was very very buggy and i didn't want to deal with it. i've been a little out of the loop with computer stuff in general, which is why i'm asking here. should i finally install the 64 bit version? will some games be noticeably faster? will not being able to play some of my old games be worth it? i have ghost (which i'm actually trying to sell). should partition the disk and install both versions??

question 2: assuming that i'm going to keep ghost. does this make sense? i'll make a 20-25 gb partition for windows. i'll ghost that to the other partition. this way, whenever i want, i can just wipe everything and ghost a fresh installation of windows. the problems i see: time. how long would it take? documents and settings. i'm not going through all that crap to change c documents and settings to d documents and settings. could i make the small partition my original install and ghost it over to c with no problems?

question 3: where are there easy overclocking guides? i'm still running strong with my athlon 64 at 2.0. the little engine that can! are dual core 939s cheap enough to buy now? i'd rather not spend more than 100-125 bucks.

any help is appreciated!!

Back