I hate this fan, its a demon...come to kill our children

heh... i've had the classic run in with a dealta screamer... :D but let me tell you... keep your fingers out of those sunons as well.. i have a KD1212PMB1-6A ... it can be pretty loud at full bore but i have a home built fan controller on it ... at the time of the dealta run in i was working with sheet metal all of the time... so it didnt break the skin... but it really hurt because earlyer that day i smaked that finger pretty hard with a hammer.... now the sunon... it just barly cliped my finger and it took the nail clean off... :eek: later that month i was cleaning up some cableing that had fallen into the fan (bbbBBBBBBUUUUzzzzzZZZZZiiiiiTTTTT) and it caught my middel finger and tore a good sized gash in it that requiered 8 stiches.... im now very carefull when im in the case while it is on... once is a fluke... twice is just stupid... lol

thore

Tornados are great. I would not use any other case fan. Full speed they beat pretty much everything and with a fan controller you can make them so you can sleep.

They need to make a 120mm one now.

Oh if you think the Deltas are loud you should hear my volt modded one - the whole damn table shakes.

56db is a lot quieter than what im running on my old t bird. i got 2 60x38mm alphas running 8000rpm and they put out about 55 db a piece.

Originally posted by ALL4AMD
56db is a lot quieter than what im running on my old t bird. i got 2 60x38mm alphas running 8000rpm and they put out about 55 db a piece.

ah yes, the infamous delta ffb0612ehe... even more insane than the 'black label' fan, but not as well-known. this fan was:

60x38mm
8000rpm
55dba
50cfm (for a 60mm, thats HUGE)

at 8000rpm's i couldn't even imagine the whine this fan emits... :eek:

I use vantec thermaflows. They aren't too bad. What's that special 120mm delta that is like 57Dba or something? The minute you look at it you think it's evil. (edit...he posted the link below...)

the dumbass really should have listened to me when I put his computer together... oh well, some people never learn ;)

Mcseiam

LOL, that was funny as hell!

If you really want quiet, I reccomend watercooling! A nice big rad, and some quiet 120mm fans! :)

Oh, and 120V 120mm fans r0xxor. :D

dumbass you say....ooooooo, your gonna get it when school starts :mad: (felling alot like a 6 year old now):rolleyes: well, I learned the hard way sei la vi.

I used to have the Sunon version of the 8cm Tornado & I feel your pain. As a matter of fact, I am moving to water cooling w/ the rad and the 120 placed in my garage... No fan noise for me, 'cept for a couple of panaflo 120's running @ 7V. :D
BTW, if you miss the sound of your beast you can listen to the HighCFM Delta 8cm fan here:
http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/del80ffb08123.html

Be sure to crank it up loud... ;)

Originally posted by Nihilanth99
ah yes, the infamous delta ffb0612ehe... even more insane than the 'black label' fan, but not as well-known. this fan was:

60x38mm
8000rpm
55dba
50cfm (for a 60mm, thats HUGE)

at 8000rpm's i couldn't even imagine the whine this fan emits... :eek:

thats the delta fan i was talking about! i had one of those mounted on my videocard + 2 full speed smartfan2's + open case... yeah it was loud

Originally posted by archangel0585
dumbass you say....ooooooo, your gonna get it when school starts :mad: (felling alot like a 6 year old now):rolleyes:

Bring it! :D

It's about time we OC the beast anyways....... ;)

Seriously though....... dumbass........

Originally posted by archangel0585
dumbass you say....ooooooo, your gonna get it when school starts :mad: (felling alot like a 6 year old now):rolleyes: well, I learned the hard way sei la vi.

what is "sei la vi."?

Originally posted by kllrnohj
what is "sei la vi."?

It means "Such is life".

FYI, I'm also an old gezer who remembers the FOP-38. Had one too. The best thing about the FOP-38 was the metal clips that held the fan in place. You could take a 90mm fan, screw on a grill, flip it upside down, and use the clips to hold the fan on top of the sink. More CFMs, less noise, and better cooling. I hated the noise that the 38 made with that little, high-rpm fan that was mounted stock. My Duron 600 hit 950Mhz with that setup. Ran damned good too. I long for the days of 58% overclocks.

Matt.

Ian dude, I'm booked today and saturday. we'll have to get toghether some time next week........dumbass

Originally posted by Ben-mod
Get the zalman cnps7000a, cools better then anything and is dead silent.

i'm sure its silent, but i doubt it cools better than a thermalright sp-94 and a 92mm tornado.

Jesus christ... Most of you are all drama queens about how loud the tornado is... I had 1 92mm tornado and 4 80mm tornados in my computer running full 12v for like 6 months... They're not LOUD as much as they drown out the noise of everything else.:p Right now I am going to try to find some quiet case/heatsink fans though so I can leave my computer on forever. Then again I live in a house with 3 women and I'm the only guy, so I have some experience with drowning things out.:D

Originally posted by Fatal
Jesus christ... Most of you are all drama queens about how loud the tornado is... I had 1 92mm tornado and 4 80mm tornados in my computer running full 12v for like 6 months... They're not LOUD as much as they drown out the noise of everything else.:p Right now I am going to try to find some quiet case/heatsink fans though so I can leave my computer on forever. Then again I live in a house with 3 women and I'm the only guy, so I have some experience with drowning things out.:D

lol.....

i got 1 80mm tornado, wasn't too loud (turned up speakers really loud, so i couldn't even hear the fans) now it is 7v, and it is much quiter

I was also planning on getting this fan but after hearing it for myself in person, definately passing on buying that...

I had 3 tornados in my case at one point. Since I went to watercooling I only have 2. When I first got them, I mounted one of the tornados on the bottom front against the vented surface which had a bunch of small holes. That was hidiously loud. If you obstruct the intake in any way of these things, they "whine" really bad. That Delta fan sounds like a damn blowdrier.

what is "sei la vi."?

If I remember my junior highschool french correctly, the expression is c'est la vie (more or less translates to "that's life") hmmm for some reason you now have that darn annoying bewitched song stuck in my head eeeevvvviiiillllll

I'm afraid of the Tornadoes/Screamers. I just use throttled Panaflo H1A (speedfan at 4% and vinyl nuts/bolts with rubber washers) and I still find it loud. How do you guys live with it?

I have an 80mm Tornado spinning on top of my SK-7. I put up with it at full speed for about 2 or 3 months before I decided something needed to be done. A $15 Sunbeam Rheobus from SVC was the answer, and it's a good one. I can still crank the Tornado up to full blast for gaming but I usually run it around 3000RPM since that's no louder than any of my other fans and still cools well. If I want REALLY quiet, I can just turn off my 2 80mm HDD coolers and extra rear exhaust fan, set my 2 side intake 80mm fans to 7V, and dial the Tornado down to 2500RPM.

bah... i have 2 tornados (80mm on heatsink, 92 as blowhole) as well as a smartfan 2. of course, i have a fanbus and keep the smartfan all the way down. but then i also run with the side panel off. how do i deal with it? i wear headphones. works like a charm:D

what? huh? i hear noises but they aren't making much sense...

damn tornado affects hearing. i wonder if it really can adversely affect ya hearing when it's just on. kinda like hearing a really loud feedback.

Originally posted by rogue_jedi
bah... i have 2 tornados (80mm on heatsink, 92 as blowhole) as well as a smartfan 2. of course, i have a fanbus and keep the smartfan all the way down. but then i also run with the side panel off. how do i deal with it? i wear headphones. works like a charm:D

Good plan BUT...my main headphones are Sennheiser HD545s, which are definitely OPEN. Yes, when it comes to Tornado on full blast vs. stuff playing on my headphones, the Tornado still wins :D

LOL
i am a little late on this but i got 3 of them in my machine and 4 120mm delta fans that are 60+ dba
=]
i got no prob with them at all
hehe
matter afact i can't sleep without my machine running
wow i am a [H]ardcore geek =]
w00t for me

I've had 5 80mm tornado's running in my machine for over a year now...

I think i've developed a constant ringing in my ears as a result. :(:eek:

lol I have 5x80mm Tornado's 1x92mm Tornado. Arctic cooling VGA, two built in fans in my PSU and a northbridge fan.

The amount on noise is hardcore, I really need a fan controller and some sound dampening gear.

It wouldnt be as bad if my box was locked in a cupboard lol.

I can just about bear the noise, the vibration is starting to get to me though.

I havent tried watching a dvd with the comp on, chances are its impossible lol.

Originally posted by [RIP]Zeus
LOL
i am a little late on this but i got 3 of them in my machine and 4 120mm delta fans that are 60+ dba
=]
i got no prob with them at all
hehe
matter afact i can't sleep without my machine running
wow i am a [H]ardcore geek =]
w00t for me

Wow... either you've developed hearing loss or you have a major tolerance for noise... That's crazy, but hey, if you can stand it, all the more power to ya :D

Back