I had the pleasure of using a 3.2EE today

pigpen

2[H]4U
Man does that little fucker fly. Socket 478 / gallatin core. If i ever fell into $800 i would be all over one. Does anybody else have experience? Out of curiosity, how do the 6xx series with 2mb L2 match up?

i always wanted to use a P4 EE and find out how good HT really is. the fastest cpu i've ever used properly is XP-M 2500+ @ 2.6GHz :eek: :mad: and my home cpu is XP 2400+ :(

perplex said:
i always wanted to use a P4 EE and find out how good HT really is. the fastest cpu i've ever used properly is XP-M 2500+ @ 2.6GHz :eek: :mad: and my home cpu is XP 2400+ :(

Honestly, i've never experienced anything so smooth. I was doing some 3d rendering on it. It was quick, super responsive, and just felt tight as a drum. Even just booting up and starting the program was blink of an eye quick. And that's with a very mediocre system around it (no raptors or anything.) Wish i had some bucks for something like this. A powerful computer to a nerd is like a high powered rifle to a hunter. It's empowering just sitting in front of one. :p

Damn i'm lame. :p

im using a 3.4 ee es right now. not as fast for gaming as the amd chips but for multi tasking and encoding, im not disappointed in this.

=lks= ka druma said:
No man wait till the Cell processors are out! Anyway yeah thats a fast chip.
LKS

Cell processors? That's comparing apples and bananas.

athlonfx said:
Cell processors? That's comparing apples and bananas.

haha no those are both nouns...still too similar. That's like comparing pudding and happy.

Eva_Unit_0 said:
haha no those are both nouns...still too similar. That's like comparing pudding and happy.

Still too similar, puddy makes you happy. More like knife and sprinting.

pigpen said:
Out of curiosity, how do the 6xx series with 2mb L2 match up?
Not well at all. For that matter, they are only sometimes better than the 5xx series, clock for clock. In many scenarios, they do worse, clock for clock.

serbiaNem said:
Still too similar, puddy makes you happy. More like knife and sprinting.

someone brandishing a knife makes you sprint away. well, it would make me run... :p

potatoes and my hatred for my job muaahahaha

pigpen said:
Man does that little fucker fly. Socket 478 / gallatin core. If i ever fell into $800 i would be all over one. Does anybody else have experience? Out of curiosity, how do the 6xx series with 2mb L2 match up?
Just out of curiosity, do you know how much power it uses and what temp the CPU runs at?

I share your feeling, although I have never used a Intel P4EE. I just upgraded from a Pentium 3 800Mhz, which was "ok" (had it for 5 years), to a AMD Opteron 252 @ 2.6Ghz. Boy, it sure can feel a bit faster. Especially when you can't seem to get UT2004 under 150FPS :D. And that's running at 33ºC 100% load with the windows open.

Yeah, Gallitin Core would be sweet. In effect its a Northwood Core but with L3 Cache. You got the "short" 20 Stage Pipeline (Short compared to pressy) You got Low latency L2 cache (Not like the 2MB of the 6xx series), And you have a higher latency L3 cache, but its very Large.

Too bad they dont go back to that core, All they need to do is add 64 Bit support and SSE3 and it would deffinatly be sweet a 65nm....

Back