I got threatened with getting negative heatware for clicking the wrong (but more expensive for me) delivery option in fedex.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bingo. This is why you dont make assumptions and blame people. I am sure neither party stopped to think that fedex automatically required signature based on value of insured item. I actually knew that, but I ship stuff a lot. Most people wouldnt know that.

So really how this should have been shipped, is without insurance and no signature confirmation....

The more you learn right?

Dude lied about him begging me less than 24 hours for $500 for a video card and he says 4 days later, asked him to not put signature authorization and he clearly did, wassnt man enough to say i made a mistake and let the madness wear off a few minutes and move on so made this thread thinking you guys gonna make someone care. I messaged him 9 hours ago saying we need to start over he wont even reply, he has contacted fedex after he recieved my $500 something smells really fishy here.
You have reading comprehension issues, don't you?

As you can see he was asking $580 and i offered $520 Friday from 227 pm he said no and at 650pm same day 4 1/2 hours later (he said 4 days) he wants to sell. Then he will take PP family or friend non refundable. I ask no sig for delivery because i work away from my front door and my regular fedex guy will deliver to my garage. I Get a we missed you message on front door and message him upset now i have to wait tommorrow inside or close to front door to recieve the dam package, I work at home fed ex is like 35 miles away in another city that delivers to me. I wassnt really that upset after about 10 minutes of thinking well fk it will be ok. Then the OP decides to make a thread. So one of you great heat users here tell me where i am wrong at? Before you say well fedex does this and cameras that, I get packages every week from fedex no sig over 500. My fed ex guy knows me the only reason i can think they sent someone else is it was sig required. Would anyone on here give this guy a good review after him lieing on here for one, didnt do the no sig for 2, said if i gave him bad review id pay, called fedex and stopped the shippment after recieving my $500 as F or F?

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    184.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 2.png
    2.png
    176.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 3.png
    3.png
    181.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 4.png
    4.png
    160.8 KB · Views: 0
As you can see he was asking $580 and i offered $520 Friday from 227 pm he said no and at 650pm same day 4 1/2 hours later (he said 4 days) he wants to sell. Then he will take PP family or friend non refundable. I ask no sig for delivery because i work away from my front door and my regular fedex guy will deliver to my garage. I Get a we missed you message on front door and message him upset now i have to wait tommorrow inside or close to front door to recieve the dam package, I work at home fed ex is like 35 miles away in another city that delivers to me. I wassnt really that upset after about 10 minutes of thinking well fk it will be ok. Then the OP decides to make a thread. So one of you great heat users here tell me where i am wrong at? Before you say well fedex does this and cameras that, I get packages every week from fedex no sig over 500. My fed ex guy knows me the only reason i can think they sent someone else is it was sig required. Would anyone on here give this guy a good review after him lieing on here for one, didnt do the no sig for 2, said if i gave him bad review id pay, called fedex and stopped the shippment after recieving my $500 as F or F?
FedEx's own site, which has been linked AND screenshotted for you, says that shipments over $500 automatically get sig required. Whatever your local FedEx person is doing is up to them, but, this was out of seller's control. Get over it.
No one here cares how far away FedEx is from you. That's a YOU problem. Get over it.
No one here cares how fast or slow the seller agreed to sell to you. It's inconsequential to everything. Get over it.
YOU flipped out on him - at that point, the seller ended the agreement. That is the seller's prerogative. It doesn't matter if you got over it in 10 seconds or 10 minutes, your attitude was trash, and you made your own bed. Get over it.

What you did wrong was in your initial attitude to the seller.

Reasonable: "Hey, I requested no signature but FedEx left this at my door. What gives?" Or "I'm not happy to see this at my doorstep. I want this resolved ASAP."

Not reasonable: "Here why i refuse to buy user to user anymore they dont listen and it will be on your heat."

Rather than creating an atmosphere of working together to solve the problem, you became accusatory with the implication of threatening to give negative reviews. At which point, the seller (understandably) became defensive and quickly escalated things. I would agree the seller overreacted and was being overly defensive, but you were the one that made him get defensive in the first place.

Now, if the seller didn't refund your money after getting his GPU back, you would have every right to attack him. Until that point in time though, you don't have much to stand on.

This might be helpful for the future. If you experience a problem, do not start your initial conversation with an attack, no matter how upset you might be. Detail the problem and what you want as a resolution, and leave the emotions out of it. We're all people and we make mistakes. In this case, the seller was not aware that signatures are automatically required with $500+ insurance. A direct attack at the start is only justified in the event of an obvious scam.

What you did wrong was in your initial attitude to the seller.

Reasonable: "Hey, I requested no signature but FedEx left this at my door. What gives?" Or "I'm not happy to see this at my doorstep. I want this resolved ASAP."

Not reasonable: "Here why i refuse to buy user to user anymore they dont listen and it will be on your heat."

Rather than creating an atmosphere of working together to solve the problem, you became accusatory with the implication of threatening to give negative reviews. At which point, the seller (understandably) became defensive and quickly escalated things. I would agree the seller overreacted and was being overly defensive, but you were the one that made him get defensive in the first place.

Now, if the seller didn't refund your money after getting his GPU back, you would have every right to attack him. Until that point in time though, you don't have much to stand on.

This might be helpful for the future. If you experience a problem, do not start your initial conversation with an attack, no matter how upset you might be. Detail the problem and what you want as a resolution, and leave the emotions out of it. We're all people and we make mistakes. In this case, the seller was not aware that signatures are automatically required with $500+ insurance. A direct attack at the start is only justified in the event of an obvious scam.
THIS ABSOLUTELY ^

Communication is always key. A simple PM with "I requested no signature but it required one, why?" would have worked. The seller could have looked into it to see what happened, maybe offered a resolution from there.

We are not businesses, things happen. Work to a resolution that both parties are happy with instead of accusing, complaining and threatening.

I posted a bunch of stuff for sale here:

https://hardforum.com/threads/fs-ft-rx590-425.2008559/#post-1044955085

I get a PM from allen41547 with a lower offer for my RTX 2060.
As I had just posted, I initially refused the offer.
4 days later, since he did have some heatware, I responded back to him that I would be willing to discuss a modified deal with him.

After terms were agreed, I asked for more info for fedex, and stated I would pay for insurance and signature confirmation.
He replies: "Please dont use signature required i run a shop out of my garage and mail box is at front door cant see mailman come but i watch all the time."

I say ok, send him final pics and shipping info and drop it off.

Today I get a PM from him stating:

"Here why i refuse to buy user to user anymore they dont listen and it will be on your heat."
View attachment 340212

I respond like this:

"I just got the email.
They had like 4 choice for delivery: adult signature, direct signature, indirect signature, and no signature.
and I must have clicked the wrong one.View attachment 340235

View attachment 340207

No reason for you to be rude. If you stopped buying user to user, why PM me then?

Feel free to refuse it tomorrow and let them send it back to me. I am happy to eat the shipping cost and give you a full refund.

Put it on my heat and you wont be happy....give it a try."

Yes, he irritated me so I was snippy.

Does anyone think I really deserve to be PM'd like that for my mistake?

no.

I'm of two minds on this.

One - the customer requested a thing. I can understand that. I used to have problems with stuff shipped to my home address - but the solution was to have them shipped to my office. So no biggie.

Two - a high value item being shipped WITHOUT signature required is a big no no.

While the "I can't see the door" excuse is a tough one, we all have that problem sometimes, you can always sign the slip and get it the next day. Not that big of a deal. The fact that it costs the seller MORE should be taken into consideration. I'm surprised by how hostile the buyer was at the issue and to dump on a HEAT review because of it is ridiculous.

I realise everyone thinks putting a sig to a item is a big problem i do see that. Last time i checked it was my $500 i sent him within seconds and requested that and he agreed. If it was your money i could see but lets get one thing straight. IT WAS MY $500 not yours. If he would have said i cannot send it like that then that would be a whole different issue. At the end of the day he got butthurt over me being mad he didnt hold up his end of the bargin and Heat is coming. If it wassnt for this thread i would have let it go and moved on, no moving on now hes getting a negative heat. Dont care if it hurts him or helps. When you get so butthurt you wanna post a thread about it and cry I dont wanna deal with him ever again. 1000 heat and worst experience i ever had with a seller.

Last edited:
I realise everyone thinks putting a sig to a item is a big problem i do see that. Last time i checked it was my $500 i sent him within seconds and requested that and he agreed. If it was your money i could see but lets get one thing straight. IT WAS MY $500 not yours. If he would have said i cannot send it like that then that would be a whole different issue. At the end of the day he got butthurt over me being mad he didnt hold up his end of the bargin and Heat is coming.
If that $500 item was stolen off your front porch and lets say Fedex and the OP refused to help you because it was showed delivered, then what?

If I was the seller, you're getting a signature required on a item over $100. end of story.

A negative feedback over this is stupid. So welcome to my blacklist.

FWIW allen41547 's last post outside of the FS/T forum was in 2008. One of the main rules listed is ' FSFT is for contributing members of HardForum.' I'm not suggesting a seller should need to go through somebody's post history or anything like that, but hindsight being 20/20 that may be a bit of a red flag.

I realise everyone thinks putting a sig to a item is a big problem i do see that. Last time i checked it was my $500 i sent him within seconds and requested that and he agreed. If it was your money i could see but lets get one thing straight. IT WAS MY $500 not yours. If he would have said i cannot send it like that then that would be a whole different issue. At the end of the day he got butthurt over me being mad he didnt hold up his end of the bargin and Heat is coming. If it wassnt for this thread i would have let it go and moved on, no moving on now hes getting a negative heat. Dont care if it hurts him or helps. When you get so butthurt you wanna post a thread about it and cry I dont wanna deal with him ever again. 1000 heat and worst experience i ever had with a seller.
You are literally your own worst enemy. You still are failing to take responsibility for your behavior. Saying that he's "butthurt" over YOUR shit behavior is more evidence that you are the problem. This would be a non issue if you had any manners.

Sorry to hear you go through this but looks like you cya'd very well. I sold something recently on another site and the user almost accused me of fraud because usps didn't update for 2 days, on day 3 it magically was out for delivery..just keep your cool and document everything. GL.

FrgMstr

Pulling Kyle in here as this is plain silly and childish over a damn signature. If you pay $500 for an item and DONT put a signature on it that is plain stupid and your putting your own self at risk as the seller
Sorry. I do not have time to read this entire thread. Use the Report Post button on those that break the rules.

as someone who has bought and sold endlessly on the internet since before ebay was even a thing. i have had some very WEIRD encounters that stem from the fact that the country is large and diverse. one of the weirdest was when i sold a used security camera (sub 200$ item) and packed it really well, however i used mostly plastic walmart bags as the packaging stuffing. The guy that received it came unhinged, he called me all sorts of names like low rent white trash, etc. All because i shipped him the camera and used plastic walmart bags as stuffing. I actually asked what the issue was and he said he would never trust someone who was so cheap as to use walmart bags for packaging material. I ship refurbished, and or recycled random things, out of my basement, as a hobby.

Long story short, people, the problem is people.

I still dont understand how this thread is still going. Its quite commical. The gift that keeps on giving. One of the higest ranked heatware members shipped an item that had signature on it, Then the receiver gets mad for his reasons. I keep coming back like its a soap opera.

sounds like even the admins know whats up and dont have time for the BS
Read this and all your replies. Sounds like you two need to go your separate ways, and you need to spend the 60 mile round trip gas money to the FedEx office on a new doorbell for your office. And yes you way overreacted.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back