I got threatened with getting negative heatware for clicking the wrong (but more expensive for me) delivery option in fedex.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DPOSCORP

[H]F Junkie
I posted a bunch of stuff for sale here:

https://hardforum.com/threads/fs-ft-rx590-425.2008559/#post-1044955085

I get a PM from allen41547 with a lower offer for my RTX 2060.
As I had just posted, I initially refused the offer.
4 days later, since he did have some heatware, I responded back to him that I would be willing to discuss a modified deal with him.

After terms were agreed, I asked for more info for fedex, and stated I would pay for insurance and signature confirmation.
He replies: "Please dont use signature required i run a shop out of my garage and mail box is at front door cant see mailman come but i watch all the time."

I say ok, send him final pics and shipping info and drop it off.

Today I get a PM from him stating:

"Here why i refuse to buy user to user anymore they dont listen and it will be on your heat."
441841_20210318_111856.jpg

I respond like this:

"I just got the email.
They had like 4 choice for delivery: adult signature, direct signature, indirect signature, and no signature.
and I must have clicked the wrong one.
Screenshot 2021-03-18 125352.jpg

View attachment 340207

No reason for you to be rude. If you stopped buying user to user, why PM me then?

Feel free to refuse it tomorrow and let them send it back to me. I am happy to eat the shipping cost and give you a full refund.

Put it on my heat and you wont be happy....give it a try."

Yes, he irritated me so I was snippy.

Does anyone think I really deserve to be PM'd like that for my mistake?

Last edited:
lol. Hes mad because you got better insurance on your decently priced item. sounds like he has a issue he needs to take up with fedex not you. 1k + heatware and he thinks that 1 negitive or neutral because you paid for signature.

Eh...you made a mistake, but it's not the end of the world. I mean, I can understand why the guy wouldn't be happy as he specifically requested something, you agreed, and then a mistake was made. It's not like you did it to purposely make him mad.

There's really no reason for either party to be threatening over "potential" heatware. I've given plenty of positive heatware reviews even if there was a shipping issue as long as the shipping issue was resolved and the item arrived as described. Just because the review says that there was a screw up with shipping doesn't mean it won't be a positive review.

If he is that miffed over the mistake, he can refuse the shipment and issue a refund upon return receipt of the item. No harm no foul.

This is how he replied to me:

Thats what heat is for. To tell other the guy you bought from didnt listen to what you said.
I dont care if you got a million heat, that will be quoted also

Its like he got so angry for a simple mistake. Maybe he promised it to someone, probably at a big mark up, which is why he is mad.
He sells stuff on facebook it looks like, and recently posted a picture with a 2060;hmmmmmmmm.

Anyway, my last reply was:
Please post in this thread I started.
https://hardforum.com/threads/i-got...sive-for-me-delivery-option-in-fedex.2008792/

I am more then happy to discuss it in the open, but I dislike rudeness and to be threatened.

Ok, you made a mistake. So why doesn't he just sign the stupid piece of paper and get his delivery a day later? Dude sounds like an a-hole, based on the info provided thus far.

Sounds kinda like he is using Heatware as a way to get back at you...unless there's any more info to be shared. When someone makes a mistake, you give them a chance to handle said mistake before just jumping to negative feedback. We all make mistakes, how you handle the outcome of that mistake is what should determine feedback, in my opinion.

Hopefully he pops into this thread to give his side of things.

"Here why i refuse to buy user to user anymore they dont listen and it will be on your heat."

No, its a simple mistake. He is clearly a...... let's say...... person I wouldn't want to interact with.

Added him to my ignore list so I don't accidently do business with him in the future. Thanks for the warning.

Wait, he's upset that you accidentally put signature require on a package? For anything over $100, everyone should request it unless you're willing to eat the cost of a lost package.

Sounds more of a "Please dont use signature required I might do a never received/stolen off my front porch" claim.

Wait, he's upset that you accidentally put signature require on a package? For anything over $100, everyone should request it unless you're willing to eat the cost of a lost package.

Sounds more of a "Please dont use signature required I might do a never received/stolen off my front porch" claim.
between a new diet and losing sleep with the time change, never thought of that.
Going to contact fedex and see if I can reroute back and send him a refund.

between a new diet and losing sleep with the time change, never thought of that.
Going to contact fedex and see if I can reroute back and send him a refund.
Do it, I would. If buyer already bugging out on a signature, who knows what's next.

You're selling a highly sought after gpu (any gpu for that matter) during a time when people with less than good intention might cash in.

Honest mistakes happen.

"Please dont use signature required i run a shop out of my garage and mail box is at front door cant see mailman come but i watch all the time."

I would have backed out of the deal reading this sentence. I watch it all the time, but I can't be bothered to go and actually sign it when I see them?

Thanks for the heads up; know not to do business with them.

That's petty of him, I agree. It's a simple mistake, and we can see on the FedEx slip that they're going to re-attempt delivery. If he's really always in his garage but always watching, then why did he miss the FedEx driver when he came the first time? What difference does it make that it required a signature or not at that point? Anyway, when FedEx comes to redeliver, a simple note on the door/mailbox "Please deliver package to garage" seems reasonable to me.

This was a mistake in doing but a protection in disguise. When people ask me to pay friends and family i never do. I pay them whatever extra to cover the fees to remain protected. I just had a 3090 sent to me and it was signature confirmation. I wouldnt send a GPU in this climate without signature confirmation. IMO you shouldnt be penalized or marked negative for protecting yourself in a transaction even if it was a mistake.

I sent money as Family or Friends to protect him with my low heat. Someone please explain to me how I would even dispute this for him to require a sig. Ive never disputer anyone anywhere but for someone to taunt around 1000 heat i wonder how many more he told Try giving me bad heat and see what you get?
Using Paypal Family & Friends doesn't protect anyone. Both seller and buyer lose protection. Take a look at the Beheo thread if you want to read about a seller getting screwed out of F&F money.

Everything through PP is dispuatble, even F&F. Next time, fi you aren't comfortable with F&F, you can either back out or add the fees and send it G&S.

I think a messaging threatening to leave either a nuetral or negative review on heat immediately without continuing contact can easily be taken as rude like you did. But ultimately Heat is suppose to be a nuetral platform that talks about the whole experience. Since the whole transaction isn't complete yet, I think the seller was a little zealous in what he wrote you, and it wasn't made better with what you wrote back.

If this was me, I would wait until the transaction is fully complete before leaving a review. A persons chance to shine happens a lot of time after the S hits the fan. Unlike your buyer I would contact the seller to say "Hey, they are asking for a signature and it's affecting my day, can you ask them to make sure it's just dropped off tomorrow". Mistakes happen, and how people own up to it is what I consider in the whole experience. Now for some reason if I got some snarky reply after pm'ing the seller after they make a mistake, that's no good.

What baffles me is why this needed to be a thread; why anyone would pay for something Friends and Family on Paypal if they aren't your friend or family; why anyone would agree to ship something valuable without signature confirmation; why people spaz out over simple things?

What baffles me is why this needed to be a thread; why anyone would pay for something Friends and Family on Paypal if they aren't your friend or family; why anyone would agree to ship something valuable without signature confirmation; why people spaz out over simple things?

Understandable, but I also feel like [H] is less marketplace and more a community selling forum, and the OP was inviting discussion. I'm sure we would all respond differently and in our own way, but this subforum itself is a vector in which we can discuss these things (or ignore them like many would). Simple Things? I agree. But complicated problems are just a bunch of simple problems put together, so if this thread helps anyone just a little than it's worth it.

Feeling like H is a community selling forum thing has made me feel like I inherently trust H people more, and give a trust that might not be valid, so I can understand the OP feeling a little slighted by the pm from the buyer, but in turn the op did make a mistake. This might not be the case about why OP feels that way, but those are the reasons I'm okay doing F and F to people that aren't friends but I've bought or sold to before.

I posted a bunch of stuff for sale here:

https://hardforum.com/threads/fs-ft-rx590-425.2008559/#post-1044955085

I get a PM from allen41547 with a lower offer for my RTX 2060.
As I had just posted, I initially refused the offer.
4 days later, since he did have some heatware, I responded back to him that I would be willing to discuss a modified deal with him.

After terms were agreed, I asked for more info for fedex, and stated I would pay for insurance and signature confirmation.
He replies: "Please dont use signature required i run a shop out of my garage and mail box is at front door cant see mailman come but i watch all the time."

I say ok, send him final pics and shipping info and drop it off.

View attachment 340212

I respond like this:

"I just got the email.
They had like 4 choice for delivery: adult signature, direct signature, indirect signature, and no signature.
and I must have clicked the wrong one.View attachment 340235

View attachment 340207

No reason for you to be rude. If you stopped buying user to user, why PM me then?

Feel free to refuse it tomorrow and let them send it back to me. I am happy to eat the shipping cost and give you a full refund.

Put it on my heat and you wont be happy....give it a try."

Yes, he irritated me so I was snippy.

FYI. You probably DIDNT choose signature.

Signature is AUTOMATICALLY added for Insurance over a certain amount without any charge because they don't wanna pay out every single porch pirate theft.

It's literally impossible not to get signature even if you wanted to waive it for insured packages over a certain amount. It's fedex covering their own ass in case of theft.

That makes him look like even more of an asshat.

I am going to leave this thread while I contact FedEx and close it when we have a posted resolution.

I will however take full blame for everything, because I know better and should never have entered in to this deal under these terms.

My intent was to get cash I could use at this time, as I am not rich, and also to put a couple of video cards in the hands of [H] users instead of making more on ebay. I am working a lot and have no time to game, so they were sitting.

Instead, after listing video cards and hoping cool forum members make deals, I got PMs of people complaining about my prices, and made a sale to someone who is going to turn around and resell it for $200-$300 more I am guessing, maybe as part of a PC.
If I was thinking clearly, and not taking a bunch of pills everyday since I fell and messed up my rotator cuff, this wouldnt of happened.

Again, I blame myself for everything.

Why should this baffle you? You have been part of the community here for 15+ years and have 2800+ posts, , and should know most of us look out for each other.
I have nothing to hide, and by posting here bring everything into the open, and let other traders decide if they think one of us is right or wrong.
More importantly, they get to decide if they ever want to deal with us again.

I dont want to have anyone deal with someone I think was not cool to deal with, and lots of people have done that for me in the past.
All my fault, look at the red flags in red:
Im not even that mad, what confuses me is he wanted to send emails, gmail, heat, family and friends payment. You would think with 1000 heat he would honor your simple request for no sig. Its not like he didnt get the money like right then. I asked if he would consider $520 if thats lowballing i have no idea, then he sells it to me for $500..... Go Figure.
Sure, all sellers would love to deal with you and your "no signature" requirement. Also terrible of me to save you $20 more, what is [H] coming to.

Im not gonna leave negative on his heat but its a pretty simple request i would think if you said yes that dont mean go ahead anyways.
Then why insult me as a user and say you were going to do that? We could have worked this out in PM from the start, before you started threatening my rep.
All I have is my reputation, and I'll be the first one to leave myself negative heat if I don't do what's right, but damned if someone is gonna threaten me in the dark corner of a PM. Bring that shit out here.

To be continued guys, and sorry if this thread bothered anyone. Everyone can decide for themselves if this thread has a Tip, a Trick, a Troll, or none of the above. :)

Tracking number would show that a signature is required. You can plan ahead of time on day of delivery and/or electronically sign and/or reschedule and/or have it held a location. I would definitely be comfortable with signature confirmation regardless. If I missed delivery, oh well, there's the next day.

Yup I’ll go ahead and add this one to the ignore list also. I would require a signature regardless, but even if I let it slide once and accidentally clicked the wrong box I wouldnt expect negative heat or a threat.

So do what anyone else would do. Simply have fedex hold and go pick it up yourself.
Anyways thanks OP.

Last edited:
I am going to bed as I work early.

FedEx responded and I'll get you your refund when it gets back to me:

https://www.fedex.com/fedextrack/?trknbr=773154805744&trkqual=12021~773154805744~FDEG

Thursday, March 18, 2021
7:40 PMCHAMPAIGN, ILArrived at FedEx location
7:32 PMCHAMPAIGN, ILReturning package to shipperShipper requested shipment to be returned - Unable to deliver shipment - Returning to shipper
7:32 PMAddress corrected
6:19 PMFARMINGTON HILLS, MIIn FedEx possessionTendered at FedEx location
1:32 PMDelivery option requested
10:25 AMCHAMPAIGN, ILDelivery exceptionCustomer not available or business closed
6:22 AMCHAMPAIGN, ILOn FedEx vehicle for delivery
6:16 AMCHAMPAIGN, ILAt local FedEx facility
Wednesday, March 17, 2021
11:29 PMCHAMPAIGN, ILIn transit
5:33 AMSAINT PETERS, MODeparted FedEx location
2:18 AMSAINT PETERS, MOArrived at FedEx location
Tuesday, March 16, 2021
10:30 AMPERRYSBURG, OHDeparted FedEx location
6:09 AMPERRYSBURG, OHArrived at FedEx location
Monday, March 15, 2021
11:56 PMLIVONIA, MILeft FedEx origin facility
6:17 PMLIVONIA, MIArrived at FedEx location
1:20 PMLIVONIA, MIPicked up
Sunday, March 14, 2021

The big crybaby is the one making threads thinking someone gonna come to your rescue with 1000 heat and threatening someone of what your gonna do if they do leave bad heat. For the price I didnt haggle much throwed out a offer and didnt really care one way or another if you sold to me or not. I explained to you ive bought more off ebay with 100% positive that most users on heat anywhere 1000 is not alot. I do call out everyone when they tell me one thing and do another i may have been a little bit off by saying i would provide it on heat but it wouldnt have been negative at most neutral or just saying you didnt do what i asked. Its wassnt a huge deal just was a little upset im busy and didnt recieve my item because i work. This is the main reason i just use ebay, newegg and amizon. I could give a rats ass less about heat or you posting this anywhere whats right is right and whats wrong is wrong. You can bet your ass if i tell you something as a seller thats what im doing tho. Im over it and wont even look at this anymore Ive already messaged you and i guess you just decided you would rather post some crap here instead of working it out. so whatever dude.

he contacts fed ex after telling me hes selling it to me and me paying $500 and him not doing as i asked to begin with there will be a negative heat posted. Probably go ahead with paypal and dispute also since hes got my cash.

This isn't newegg this is a community of members. A certain level of conduct is required when you're dealing with a member of your own community. You treat them like a good neighbor and they do the same.

This place exists as a COMMUNITY foremost and the FS/FT section is an afterthought.

If you can't maintain that level of conduct when doing a trade here then do us ALL a favor and stick to newegg. Don't come back.

he contacts fed ex after telling me hes selling it to me and me paying $500 and him not doing as i asked to begin with there will be a negative heat posted. Probably go ahead with paypal and dispute also since hes got my cash.
You do realize that this is, in fact, mostly your own fault, right? He contacted fedex because you can't apparently read and sign the slip of paper to get your GPU. He's protecting himself, rightfully. I kinda hope you stay away from the FS forum here entirely. I'd hate to end up in any transaction with you.

You do realize that this is, in fact, mostly your own fault, right? He contacted fedex because you can't apparently read and sign the slip of paper to get your GPU. He's protecting himself, rightfully. I kinda hope you stay away from the FS forum here entirely. I'd hate to end up in any transaction with you.
Here's help

and heres where he agrees to not use signature Im sure glad i dont deal with any of you liers on here jesus just tell the truth. all would have been avoided, and again for the remarkers saying just this and just that how about just do what you say? Maybe none of you work? Grannys basemnt or something but i cant stand outside 40 years away from where i work and wait.
You might want to remove the pic, has your addy on it.

and heres where he agrees to not use signature Im sure glad i dont deal with any of you liers on here jesus just tell the truth. all would have been avoided, and again for the remarkers saying just this and just that how about just do what you say? Maybe none of you work? Grannys basemnt or something but i cant stand outside 40 years away from where i work and wait.
Get a Ring Camera for your front door, that way you will see the mailman, FedEx Man, and UPS Man when they come to your door.
Or you can tell them to bring your stuff to the garage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back