I got my LianLi PC-A05B ! it's Small!

Wonder if the new top fits A05N and if it's going to be available as a standalone part. I think I'll be all set if it is.

So wait, the airflow is from back to front. This means the heat exhausted from the video cards gets intaked right back in? I also see it exhausts from the front middle in the HDD section, but doesn't hot air rise? Not sure how much of an improvement this is over the original design.

The case supposedly has a top blow hole cut already (although fan and grill are not included) so it is optional.

Getting ready to take the next step in modding my current A05N build. All the sleeving and stuff is in my cart, but I also am getting ready to disassemble the case for the rest of the clean up work and recoloring ;) What's the best route for reassembly as far as rivets vs screw go? Anyone have a "grocery list" of replacement hardware for the reassembly process?

stick with rivets keeps it more solid imo.
got a harbor freight around you? you can probably get drill & drill bits, rivets, and rivet gun for less than $35 lol.

if cutting any holes, always place masking tape where your cutting to protect the case's finish as micro bits n pieces can leave scratches or more behind.

its pretty straight forward though

Just need the rivets/rivet gun (plenty of drills/bits in the garage). I've never worked with em though so I feel a little lost. I was on MDPC-X and they've got two types of rivets, countersunk and dome. The rest of the time I've seen em (home depot, amazon, etc) it doesn't really mention either of em, just the size and material. Would I have a problem using one of em vs the other? I don't wanna end up getting stuff and start doing work just to run into problems. Transportation tends to be a bit of a hassle for me so the less running around or waiting the better.

finished the HDD cage, still working on the expansion cover brackets.

2urbhjn.jpg

jsht1y.jpg

next step, cut out the bottom for a 220 rad and WC the CPU.

its pretty straight forward like i said, stick the long end of the rivet in the gun put the other end in the hole then squeeze lol. all done. i've always used dome's and counter-sunk. flats for the corners and stuff that gets lapped over with other peices of metal, and dome's for cages and such

I've looked at the 03 and 06. I was curious if the others would be a better solution. The double fan unit could be mounted near the top of the case. Locating two fans right near the top of the case might eliminate the need for a blow hole to be cut into the top panel.

so i want to install my 2.5" SSD into the 3.5" drive bays. Had a look at the Lian Li Accessories on their website but don't know which one fits with the case. Any ideas?

you can use any generic 2.5" to 3.5" adapter. Hell I've used cheap $3 from ebay and they worked fine.

Lian Li accessories are overpriced.

so i want to install my 2.5" SSD into the 3.5" drive bays. Had a look at the Lian Li Accessories on their website but don't know which one fits with the case. Any ideas?

I'm using a Rosewill black aluminum dual 2.5" adapter. It doesn't fit as well as I wished it did, but it machined out of a single piece of aluminum.

I'm so excited. I put in my order for the last of my parts this evening (heatsink, fans, sleeving, couple other things). All that's left to do is finish my case work which is really just a recolor and a possible window. I'm still uncertain about the window though since the computer sits on the wrong side of my desk and the window would face the wall lol.

Good, I show you my new PC

While buying the box for over a year and a half, I just renewed the components inside a PC running very cool and near inaudible.

New components:

• INTEL CORE I5 2500
  • ASUS P8H67-M-EVO
  • RAM G.SKILL 2X4GB DDR3 1333
  • Seasonic X-560
  • SSD Corsair F60 34nm
  • Be quiet Silent Wings USC 120mm
The other components that take advantage of the previous configuration are:

• HD Samsung Ecogreen F2 1TB
  • HSF Noctua C12P
  • Front Vent. 120mm Lian LI
  • Back Vent. 120mm Lian LI
  • Nanoxia PWM for the CPU Fan
  • Front panel multifunction Tacens Legens
As you will appreciate, is a very particular combination of components, an entire core i5 2500, (I know, better a K version) accompanied by a P8H67 and without discrete graphics.

Its use will be primarily multimedia, video coding sporadic, preparing videos for youtube channel of my blog about HTPC photo editing basic level, experimenting with virtual machines and the regular use of a PC, all with lower power and sonority.

Say you've got to have a pc that consumes internet browsing 33-40W and encoding video to the quad-core 3.4 GHz does not exceed the 100W too.

Here is part of the material used for new equipment.

jmqnick06.jpg

jmqnick01.jpg

jmqnick02.jpg

Some pictures of polished this case, all spectacular.

Buy the DVD front cover and has won a lot, the pity is that the front Tacens at odds, but does very good work, a rehobus, card reader, usb, esata, what more could you want.

jmqnick08.jpg

jmqnick09.jpg

jmqnick10.jpg

Despite the peculiarity in the design of this box, with reverse air flow from behind forwards, and the front with little output, I get a correct temperature, it is true that I've reversed the flow [/ B] From front to back.

As for the PSU Seasonic seems to me that not too hot, the fact that your fan does not work does not affect the temperature of Ecogreen mounted above.

Without doubt, the best buy I've done lately is this source, passive up to 20% load, although the analysis show that endures not start more than 20%, costs 125 € but essential at any self-respecting silent pc.

Here the front without the lid, I usually put a filter to fans that blow air into the box, and despite having a very restrictive air intake, you would have to see how remove the filter after 6 months without change.

jmqnick07.jpg

jmqnick11.jpg

Detail of memories and heatsink mounted on the motherboard.

jmqnick05.jpg

The case with exposed wires and a little more orderly than my previous non-modular Be Quiet PSU. For the record, I have ordered a little to take pictures, but come on ... would be left to themselves.

jmqnick03.jpg

As with this new team wanted to get a team almost inaudible, I decided to change the fan by a fan Noctua C12P Quiet Be Silent Wings USC to tie the sink use a rubber.

The change in sound has been better, say that this BQ is just the engine noise, only the sound aerodynamic air, big change and highly recommended, has laid bare 12P noctua their miseries, but I think this Finally got something more static pressure, but my i5 2500 just complain, do not see much variation of working temperature.

jmqnick04.jpg

Finally I decided to leave the original fans of the box, offer good relationship flow-noise ratio and with the lid closed are imperceptible.

The Noctua 12P'll use your gear to cool my Atom D510 .

I hope you enjoy it.

Pretty sure you'd have clearance issues with extra-thick rads like that. May still have issues with single thicks depending on what kind of cards and blocks you're running.

If anyone is looking to buy this case and doesn't want to do the mods- just use it then see my FS thread :)

I do and really dont want to part with it so hopefully someone buys the HAF and Ill keep my little Lian Li. I do love the room inside the HAF. It could eat the A05 :)

im stupid, i just figured it out!
If I was correct, and you want to follow a thread (this and/or some other) -- click on "Thread Tools" in the top-right, select "Subscribe" and then choose "Instant notification via e-mail" -- you'll get an e-mail each time somebody posts something .. works pretty well with not too active threads you want to follow.

Not sure about forever, but there are very few cases that have been relevant for this long. With the release of A05F, this thread may get some new energy (although A05F is a significant departure from the original A05 "philosophy").

just realized the height might not change that much to accomadate that 8th slot since they moved the plug

Looking at the back, I actually thought they made it shorter until I counted the PCI slots .. then looked at the front, and it's pretty clear that the vertical dimension stayed the same within 1-2mm

Back