I got my LianLi PC-A05B ! it's Small!

So anyways, I got my A05N powder coated black. Gonna get some spray paint soon and color all the screws black. Also, I'm gonna do a 2x120mm Radgrill mod up top.

Nice, looking forward to the end result. How much was the powder coating job?

Thanks, the coating cost me $90 at a local shop. Not sure if it was a rip off or not, but I was originally going to get it painted by CyberDruid over at OCN for $150 + shipping, so I know I saved money.

thats a huge cpu cutout

Yeah, that's how the case came, stock. I was originally going to do the cut myself, but much to my surprise, it was already done for me. :D I think I have a newer model or something.

Yeah, that's how the case came, stock. I was originally going to do the cut myself, but much to my surprise, it was already done for me. :D I think I have a newer model or something.

wow that is awesome to hear. Lian Li seems to be listening to our complaints. was that other smaller cut out from the Lian Li was well or did you mod that?

Now if they would just add the new top panel with the blow hole.

btw that powder coating looks awesome!

wow that is awesome to hear. Lian Li seems to be listening to our complaints. was that other smaller cut out from the Lian Li was well or did you mod that?

Now if they would just add the new top panel with the blow hole.

btw that powder coating looks awesome!

Thanks. Yeah, the small cut near the backplate hole is stock and also, if you notice, there are two cuts towards the top of the panel as well. In the picture it's kind of hard to see, but those are stock as well. Lian Li sure does seem to be listening adding a nice big backplate hole and cable management holes.

Thanks, the coating cost me $90 at a local shop. Not sure if it was a rip off or not, but I was originally going to get it painted by CyberDruid over at OCN for $150 + shipping, so I know I saved money.

wait wait wait

so it came with all the holes? the backplate hole and the hole for 4/8pin cpu
and YOU cut nothing?

where did you buy it from?

Last edited:
Are you sure they were not cut by someone before you picked it up???

I e-mailed LianLi and there response said they did not change/add anything to the case since it was released.

Where did you buy it?

Are you sure they were not cut by someone before you picked it up???

I e-mailed LianLi and there response said they did not change/add anything to the case since it was released.

Where did you buy it?

how do you get in contact with lian li
i can never get to them

Proud owner of this case, I picked mine up for $80 shipped. Aside from how hard it is to fit a full computer in it, cable managed and all, it's money well spent. I cut this hole in mine:

IMG_4080.jpg

I taped a piece of paper over the hole one day to see how much it helped, and within 30 minutes my whole system was a good 7C hotter. Looks awesome, too.

Proud owner of this case, I picked mine up for $80 shipped. Aside from how hard it is to fit a full computer in it, cable managed and all, it's money well spent. I cut this hole in mine:

-snip-

I taped a piece of paper over the hole one day to see how much it helped, and within 30 minutes my whole system was a good 7C hotter. Looks awesome, too.

...you cut a giant hole in front of the case. Yeah, sorry, terrible idea. At least cover it with some modder's mesh or something.

There does indeed seem to be an update to the case design. I just received mine and have the large CPU cutout as well as the smaller ones. My HDD cage also mounts with screws.

...you cut a giant hole in front of the case. Yeah, sorry, terrible idea. At least cover it with some modder's mesh or something.
His project doesn't exactly look finished yet, does it???

There's definitely more you can do with that.

Whats a terrible idea is lian li completely covering that hole while placing a fan behind it.

Just some updated pics, not sure if I sent the latest cuts on the back of the motherboard tray. And yes it makes since, I don't get why people have the "ZOMG YOU CUT ALL THAT OUT??" mentality.

Case is just a little dusty. Scythe gentle typhoons rule.

dscf0257e.jpg

The rad is fixed on a friction hinge, this is so you can carry the case w/ the handle underneath. You only need one handle if you balance the weight of the case out. Surprisingly, I got shitheads giving me shitheaded feedback on that idea. Someone said that they didn't have a need to carry the case often and that "I would just use straps to carry it anyways so its not that useful", but thats THEIR CASE. You don't know what the fuck I do. When I first put a handle on my case, a couple people asked me where I got it and they installed it on theirs, although differently... at least SOMEONE found my idea useful.
dscf0442s.jpg

dscf0444w.jpg

I do want to cut the hole in the front cover for best airflow, its a matter of someone recommending me some good mesh to buy (and where from) or any grill cover that suits the cover the best.

Last edited:
how do you get in contact with lian li
i can never get to them

here you can see it isnt fake

http://www.overclock.net/11611798-post141.html

another one like that

i guess i MUST get this now lol

I have an account with them so it makes contacting them allot easier. We run some sales/repair stores in IL. I have a direct number to our sales rep.

Not saying it is fake just saying if this is the case someone is still sending me old stock because I use this case for allot of our builds and have yet to receive one with some of those holes. LOL

I sent my rep an e-mail to this thread so he can see for himself. :D

I want a new case!!!

Wait, hold on a sec. Let me get this straight. The A05N has been updated again with new cable routing holes in the motherboard tray? :eek:

I'm tempted to get another one, but I have my sights set on a V1020. What to do, what to do...

It's covered by the fascia.

No it's not, look again. That picture is with the front cover on.

I never thought the case is small to put my stuffs

I agree; I managed a very "full" build in it with no issues, and space to spare.

Asus P5Q Deluxe, X3220 quad, Prolimatech Megahalems with 2 Panaflo 38x120mm fans, 8 GB Corsair Dominator DDR2-1066, 2 Sapphire Radeon HD 4890s, 2 640GB WD AAKS, LiteOn SATA DVDRW, Antec TruPower Quatro 1kw PSU. Fits fine, with fairly good airflow.

I'd like to cut a top hole since I have a spare 2x120 "Stripes" rad-grill, but haven't got around to it yet.

Last edited:
Hello all,

First post and greetings from Singapore! I was inspired by the many awesome projects and mods that you guys have shared and decided to purchase a PC-A05N and engage the service of a local modding shop to powdercoat the interior, cut a front vent and affix a grille, and cut a side panel window.

I also have the TLM14B2 ventilated top cover and a set of the new USB3.0 top panel ports. What I hope to acquire are a set of the aluminium case feet as well as a new 5.25" ventilated cover/SSD drive bay.

Just waiting on the Sandy Bridge gear to be released next month and hoping to build a silent (or as silient as I can get it) gaming/photo/video machine.

Pictures of the case without the internal bits:

PC191920.jpg

Front vent and grille:

PC191919.jpg

The frontal zone:

PC191926.jpg

Last edited:
So there are no issues with fitting a 5870 in this case? I'm need smaller case than what I have now and this one looks sweet.

Google "powder coating". You're in NYC, there are probably 50+ places. Call around and ask on prices. Disassemble everything yourself, bring it to them, done. I may get mine done at some point, but I think I'm over side windows, so there's no real point save me seeing it when it's open. I'm not exactly bringing it to shows or anything.

Thanks guys, didn't really like the Lian Li logo (I wish they'd redesign it to be a little more hip) so I thought I'd mount that skull grille on as a PSU exhaust vent as well as to mask the logo :p.

By the way, has anyone tried a GTX 580 on this case? I hoping to set up a military/black-themed rig so I was thinking of the following:

Asus P67 Sabertooth (with that 'tactical vest')
EVGA GTX580 COD Black Ops Edition
EVGA GTX580 backplate
8GB worth of RAM w/black heatsink
Corsair H50 (might get a H70 if it fits)
1 X Intel X25M Gen 2 120GB SSD
1 X WD Caviar Black 2 TB HDD

Not planning on overclocking so I was wondering if this setup would cause overheating issues...particularly in this hot and humid climate (high 20 deg celcius and low 30's through the year).

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks in advance!

So I read this entire thread a while ago, and remember someone talking about a top that worked, with two blowholes, without the cutout for the usb/audio.

Was wondering if any of you know what I;m talking about, as I have finally gotten a bit sick of leaving my top off.

Thanks

So I read this entire thread a while ago, and remember someone talking about a top that worked, with two blowholes, without the cutout for the usb/audio.

Was wondering if any of you know what I;m talking about, as I have finally gotten a bit sick of leaving my top off.

Thanks

you talking about what i "wanted" or what you saw in some pictures?
edvb made it into that but the side panels then ended up being backwards
i wanted that but not backwards

Thanks

Its the top for one of the other Lian Li cases but you have to put it on backwards and the side panels on backwards but everything fits.

Back