I got my LianLi PC-A05B ! it's Small!

Yeah it depends on the mother board. With my R2E my ST70F PSU butts up almost right next to the motherboard.

And some motherboards have a bunch of components that stick up in that bottom corner where the PSU overlaps. Some others do not.

just did a build for someone in this case. it's a nice little case for the price. was pretty impressed with the overall quality.

Here is another build what i did for a friend of mine this weekend.
Not the newest hardware and just some quick bad quality pics but im pretty please with the result of this build and i just wanted to share it with you guys.

P1030045.jpg

P1030046.jpg

P1030042.jpg

P1030055.jpg

P1030054.jpg

P1030057.jpg

But it's not like you had to remove it to make the bezel work ... or is it?
Edit: looks like you made both the front and the back fans filtered intakes -- is it a "positive pressure, no dust" solution? I'm interested in doing something like that too. What filters are those (saw them somewhere, but not sure where exactly, perhaps performance-pcs.com?) TIA

But it's not like you had to remove it to make the bezel work ... or is it?
Edit: looks like you made both the front and the back fans filtered intakes -- is it a "positive pressure, no dust" solution? I'm interested in doing something like that too. What filters are those (saw them somewhere, but not sure where exactly, perhaps performance-pcs.com?) TIA

My case is a filtered positive pressure system too. For filters, I used pantyhose layers. I am going to guess that his BS-03 is an exhaust. That makes for an interesting setup. The 120mms are intaking from the front and back and the PSU is exhausting out and the BS-03 is exhausting out. That's some very messed up airflow.

I have my BS-03 140mm as a filtered intake along with the rear intake being filtered as well. The only exhaust is the HDD bay 120mm which is set to 50% speed to ensure that there is a lot more CFM going into the case than being actively expelled.

I have the Bezel too and the instructions don't say anything about removing the cover but I've never installed mine as I decided to forgo an optical drive completely

I have and have used both the C-01 and C-02 front CD/DVD Bezels on my A-05B. I didn't need to remove the front panel of the DVD tray like you did.

Thanks for the top panel info at Newegg.

I love this forum. It reminds me every day about why I bought a Lian-Li. They make classy looking cases, and offer about everything you need to make it "Your way" while keeping it nice looking. I have taken full advantage of that. I don't care about the $20 here and there. It is worth not having a hideous kluge of a case sitting in an open area of my house. Hiding the DVD drive with the C-02, and the matching 3.5 inch multimedia port (CR-25B) is just fantastic. I only wish they made a matching 5.25 in drawer to replace the one I have (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811997011). Mine matches nicely enough, but I would prefer a Lian-Li option. I would pay for a Metal Lian Li version.

Thanks,

Shaky

Last edited:
How do you see how many are in stock?

You add 100 to your cart and the system will tell you "Insufficient quantity available". Newegg's system will display how many are left in stock.

Btw, 8 left at the moment. Once they're gone, Newegg won't have another shipment for 2 months or more, so yeah :p

Last edited:
Lol, I don't even have this case and I bought one, just in case. Definitely going to buy one once I sell my sniper.

I purchased one when I first got my case, so I have no experience without one, but recently the 140mm 800 RPM fan on mine died. My idle temps in a 76 F room for my GTX 260 and X4 955 went from 39C and 36C to 48C and 44C with the hole in the top still open with no fan! I can't imagine how bad it would be with the stock closed top. Replaced the fan the next day and everything's cool again.

I purchased one when I first got my case, so I have no experience without one, but recently the 140mm 800 RPM fan on mine died. My idle temps in a 76 F room for my GTX 260 and X4 955 went from 39C and 36C to 48C and 44C with the hole in the top still open with no fan! I can't imagine how bad it would be with the stock closed top. Replaced the fan the next day and everything's cool again.

What kind of fan was your 140mm? If it was a sleeve bearing, I could understand why it died so fast.

see this post on another forum since I don't feel like explaining

http://www.silentpcreview.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=49173

I recommend you find a rifle bearing fan for exhaust use. The new NZXT 140mm is great. http://www.amazon.com/140mm-Performance-140RB-Black-White/dp/B0039825LW

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
So I picked up one of the top panels for this. I am unable to get my fan/the grill included in the top panel kit to stay mounted. I feel like I'm missing hardware or something. All it came with was 4 little black screws and 4 silver screws both of which don't actually catch into the grill. Makes no sense to me,

Can someone clear this up for me, I feel pretty dumb.

So I picked up one of the top panels for this. I am unable to get my fan/the grill included in the top panel kit to stay mounted. I feel like I'm missing hardware or something. All it came with was 4 little black screws and 4 silver screws both of which don't actually catch into the grill. Makes no sense to me,

Can someone clear this up for me, I feel pretty dumb.

4 screws are for screwing the lid to the case I assume.

The other 4 screws screw into your fan. The fan holds the grill in place.

Several had posted earlier in this thread about drilling out rivets to replace the original top panel with the T-LM14B-2. The top panel on my new A05NB came right off with 4 screws, no rivets involved or needed.

Several had posted earlier in this thread about drilling out rivets to replace the original top panel with the T-LM14B-2. The top panel on my new A05NB came right off with 4 screws, no rivets involved or needed.

That's because your have an A05NB and not an A05N. Not really news, everyone knows the new models have screws in place of rivets in many places including the top panel and the HDD rack.

That's because your have an A05NB and not an A05N. Not really news, everyone knows the new models have screws in place of rivets in many places including the top panel and the HDD rack.

Yes, I have now learned all of this since becoming an owner of one.
I have read a lot of posts in this thread, but undoubtedly I did not
start reading at the beginning. I must admit to not knowing the
full history of the case.

You mean A05? A05N is the newer model. B and A represent color codes.

What kind of fan was your 140mm? If it was a sleeve bearing, I could understand why it died so fast.

I recommend you find a rifle bearing fan for exhaust use. The new NZXT 140mm is great. http://www.amazon.com/140mm-Performance-140RB-Black-White/dp/B0039825LW

Antec Tri-Cool I moved over from a nine month old 300 case. I replaced it with a 1000 RPM Coolermaster one:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103078

Not the best, but it's getting the job done.

4 screws are for screwing the lid to the case I assume.

The other 4 screws screw into your fan. The fan holds the grill in place.

I don't think so. The four black screws are shown in every picture of the top panel as screwing into the top holding the grill in place. The four silver screws I assume are for the fan guard that also comes with the top panel. Either way neither set of screws actually hold the top panel grill in place. Makes no sense at all.

I just got my Little Big Man. It's fairly nice quality, though the back plane where the MB ports connect is a tad too flimsy. I wonder if this is the case for higher end LL, but I'm sure it's not. I enjoy the reverse air intake, small FF and it should make for a great MAME rig. It's crazy how much smaller it is next my TJ10, but they pair nicely.

Wow I just ordered that exact fan (along with a pair of their 120s) and then moseyed on over to this thread to see if anything new information on the TLM14B2 came up. Glad I made a good choice and according to the UPS tracking my panel should be arriving later today. :)

Wow I just ordered that exact fan (along with a pair of their 120s) and then moseyed on over to this thread to see if anything new information on the TLM14B2 came up. Glad I made a good choice and according to the UPS tracking my panel should be arriving later today. :)

Let us know how loud that fan is. I'd imagine it'd make some noise considering how fast it spins and how it's right on top of the case.

The nzxt 140mm isn't very loud at all. My Yates on my Megahalems drown out everything lol

Yeah I read that they're pretty quiet. Going to have to wait a week or so before I get mine in because I made the stupid mistake of bundling the fans with a stupid HDMI cable sold from a partner store to Amazon to get the free shipping. :mad:

I don't think so. The four black screws are shown in every picture of the top panel as screwing into the top holding the grill in place. The four silver screws I assume are for the fan guard that also comes with the top panel. Either way neither set of screws actually hold the top panel grill in place. Makes no sense at all.

I have the same question about the screws packaged with the LM14B-2.
Can anyone explain their correct use?

My first post, forgive me.

I have read 140 of these pages, and I can't read anymore. Nothing against you guys, but people continue to ask things that have been answered numerous times (oftentimes in the first 5 pages)

I again, must apologize for what I am about to ask. The A0FNB is the new version that is currently at newegg for 90$ correct?

I added the top panel with a 140 cutout to my order (older were rivets, new screws?)

I plan on air cooling, just liked the look.

A) Are the PCI slots slotted?
B) The top panel (~25?) should eliminate the heat spots correct?
C) Fan-wise, no one talked (From what I read) specifically about the stock fans. Are they that loud?
D) There is a cable management Lian-Li accessory, is it worth getting it?

(New to the forums, and last computer build was A7n8x Deluxe with a 2600)

Thanks guys, appreciate it, and I'm sorry for those of you who have actually read this entire thread while looking for information and see my post as a double. Sincerely, sorry. After 140 pages it was too much.

Thanks again.

(new)

Back